FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/2 DLC: Beastie Boys, Heart, James Brown, Rufus Ft. Chaka Khan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zman10894  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else think there's gonna be more trill lanes than there should be on No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn?

No? Just me?

I'll probably just pick up Barracuda for the drums

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman10894 wrote:
Anybody else think there's gonna be more trill lanes than there should be on No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn?

No? Just me?

Aw, now you've just reminded me of how they ruined King of Rock.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised this week is dissapointing, it's following up Yes and Soundgarden. Would've taken Crazy on You or Magic Man personally, but it's all good, I'll just skip Baracuda. I wouldn't buy No Sleep Till Brooklyn is you gave me $100, blech. Oh well, c'est tous bien.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised to actually see some more James Brown. I had expected that if we got any more of him, it'd be in a pack of sorts. Also Beastie Boys making an unexpected appearance, which I've never really understood.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always hoped for BB to get harmony upgrades, but I guess that's not going to happen.

Beasties & Heart are definite, the other 2 are 'maybe, somedays'.
uSound  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week is not disappointing in the least.

Tell Me Something Good is a mother effing win.
The rest of this week is solid stuff from under-represented genres.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I think you're missing the point. Beastie Boys songs with FUN PARTS.

No Sleep has that guitar solo, and Make Some Noise will have some sweet keys.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Bront  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatStrat wrote:
Still disappointed that we don't have the only Beastie Boys song I want, Fight For Your Right To Party.
Supposedly they're sick of that song and being associated with it. To quote Wikipedia (yeah, not the most reliable source, but better than nothing)
Quote:
Despite probably being the group's most famous song, the Beastie Boys have expressed distaste for it. In The Sounds of Science liner notes, MCA jokingly says the song "sucks", though they did not feel the album would be complete without it. The group has not performed the song live since 1987.

Which means that we're never likely to see it since the artist doesn't want us to.

Songs: Just over 1000.
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
PlatStrat wrote:
Still disappointed that we don't have the only Beastie Boys song I want, Fight For Your Right To Party.
Supposedly they're sick of that song and being associated with it. To quote Wikipedia (yeah, not the most reliable source, but better than nothing)
Quote:
Despite probably being the group's most famous song, the Beastie Boys have expressed distaste for it. In The Sounds of Science liner notes, MCA jokingly says the song "sucks", though they did not feel the album would be complete without it. The group has not performed the song live since 1987.

Which means that we're never likely to see it since the artist doesn't want us to.

Which is good because that song is fucking terrible.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
PlatStrat wrote:
Quote:

I am shocked most people are not sick of it tbh.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if the Beastie Boys hate it, I think it's certainly more entertaining than some of the other songs they've put in the games isntead lol It was the only Beastie Boys song I ever wanted to see in GH or RB lol Bad or not, it's a perfect party song.

Make some noise is only good cause of the video they did for it. No sleep till Brooklyn is alright, but eh...Played it back in GH already.

As for Barracuda, I guess it was time it finally showed up in RB lol
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superbad is a worthy addition, and I might pick actually up Tell Me Something Good. What can I say, like many I'm still a sucker for the highly influential, late-90s, sold-on-TV "Pure Funk" compilation of musical audio songs.
Bront  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kopakauk wrote:
Bront wrote:
PlatStrat wrote:
Quote:

It's the only song of theirs I knew, and really, I only know the chorus. Instrumentally it might be more interesting than some of what we have now though, and it would be a great party song.

Songs: Just over 1000.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kopakauk wrote:
Bront wrote:
PlatStrat wrote:
Quote:

Honestly that's the only Beastie Boys song I like (other than maybe "Girls"). The others I just can't tolerate, it's like a bad mixture of Rock and Rap *IMO*
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bizarro week. I don't really know how else to describe it. And I love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: