FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/2 DLC: Beastie Boys, Heart, James Brown, Rufus Ft. Chaka Khan
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: 8/2 DLC: Beastie Boys, Heart, James Brown, Rufus Ft. Chaka K Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on July 19th, 2011:
  • Make Some Noise by Beastie Boys

• No Sleep Till Brooklyn by Beastie Boys

• Barracuda by Heart (X)

• Super Bad, Pts. 1 & 2 by James Brown (X)

• Tell Me Something Good by Rufus (ft. Chaka Khan)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Deception - Concealing Fate Part Two by TesseracT (160 MSP)

• Upstream by Cory Wong (80 MSP)

• I'm Amazed by My Morning Jacket (160 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Honeys Takin Money by Audio Ammunition (80 MSP)

• Walks Like A Ghost by Quartered (80 MSP)

• If I Was King by Dan Markland (80 MSP)

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3 (or will be when PSN comes back), and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

Songs now available for PS3 that are already enabled for scoretracking:

• Dreamchaser by Amberian Dawn ($1.99)
  • Buried Cold RB3 Version by Rose Of Jericho ($0.99)

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

Last edited by singemfrc on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:49 am; edited 3 times in total
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Heart! They are seriously overdue for RB, but I'm disappointed it's only one song. It is the obvious choice for pro guitar though, and it's probably the best on other instruments. The drum part is more interesting than Crazy On You. Wikipedia also identifies it as the band's signature song, so there you go. Hopefully we'll get some more singles from them in the future. James Brown is also awesome.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.

Last edited by DorkmasterFlek on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
sukergod  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could have been a geat week if we had again gotten more of the artists we did get. Mostly I was really hoping that when we did get some James Brown we would have least gotten a 6 pack.

I will get all of it except the Rufus song but I really am dissapointed by the amount of what we got
GackTMN  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was hoping for more Heart, with at least Crazy On You as well, but Barracuda is always awesome

the other songs don't interest me as much, but they should have thrown in Intergalactic to make it a Beastie Boys 3-pack

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: GackTMN
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck.

I always said if we got Crazy On You w/ pro guitar I would be importing a Strat no matter the cost.

Barracuda? Not so much. It's, like, my least favourite Heart song. :/

Edit: Video links:

• Beastie Boys – “Make Some Noise
• Beastie Boys – “No Sleep Till Brooklyn
• Heart – “Barracuda” X
• James Brown– “Super Bad, Pts. 1 & 2” X
• Rufus (ft. Chaka Khan) – “Tell Me Something Good

Last edited by espher on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
diablocon  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
This could have been a geat week if we had again gotten more of the artists we did get.

Agreed. I just recently got Dance Central, so Body Movin' (Fatboy Slim Remix) has been in my head recently, and it would have been a great addition this week.
Steebeh  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC of 2nd August: Beastie Boys, Heart, James Brown and Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
Quote:

Lastly, Heart’s “Barracuda” arrives in the Rock Band Music Store. A frequent request on RockBand.com, this tune features an optional Pro Guitar upgrade, letting you learn the galloping riff to the 1977 classic.

WIN! I'll be picking this up pity there's no Crazy On You with protar... that'd be fun but oh well, Barracuda is just as awesome
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after the Yes pack there was no way next week would be anything but a disappointment. I might pick up Barracuda, although my desire for that is tempered by the fact that it's already been in two games (one of them a full-band game), but outside of that ... meh. Not a Beastie Boys fan, not a fan of the James Brown song they chose, and Tell Me Something Good, while an unknown, sounds as though it won't be fun on any instrument. My wallet thanks HMX this week, I suppose.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh.

Barracuda.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still disappointed that we don't have the only Beastie Boys song I want, Fight For Your Right To Party. Otherwise I'll probably pick up Barracuda and Tell Me Something Good. I'll have to see the charts before I pick up Super Bad though.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Ooh.

Barracuda.

*slow clap*

You win the thread, sir.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Ooh.

Barracuda.

*slow clap*

You win the thread, sir.

*Bows*

Well, now I've made my initial post, I can actually put some opinions in this thread. Definitely getting Barracuda, and while I'm not familiar with the new Beastie-"about fucking time"-Boys, I'll give it a listen. I like 'em, so I'm remaining optimistic.

But seriously, about fucking time we got some more Beastie Boys. I sort of expected to get Gratitude too, due to dat bassline and the organ solo at the end, but oh well. I've been wanting some more Beastie Boys for fucking ages, whether I know it or not.

The other two I'm not familiar with. But it's funk, so I'm going to give them a listen in a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urgh, my original post got lost somewhere in Browserfailville.

Welp, I will play the hell outta No Sleep Till Brooklyn, not even joking when I say that song has one of my favourite guitar solos ever... or two, I guess, depending on how you look at it. Might pick up Barracuda, the rest can jog on.

Also: good work Harmonix, you're now only a Santeria away from letting me trade in GHWT.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very meh week. Outside of Heart nothing interests me at all. Time to buy some old stuff instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Also: good work Harmonix, you're now only a Santeria away from letting me trade in GHWT.
I'm not trading in any of my games for the simple reason I'd get about £4 for each of them.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: