FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Who Super Bowl S-smashup Drum solo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Who Super Bowl S-smashup Drum solo Reply with quote

So, I played the solo in practice about 15 times earlier (after playing the real song and getting like 71% on it or something) and the lowest I ever got out of the fifteen times was like 73%, the highest was 84%. My second highest was 83%. Most of the tries were high 70s. I don't necessarily want to FC the solo (though that would make me happy), just do better.

I can hit from very late :26 to the end of the solo in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH7bjw6478I un-hyperlinked video very consistently. The part right before it starting at 0:23 I'm usually pretty good with, I miss once or twice every couple/few times. The part that starts at 0:20 is where I really mess up, that pattern is really awkward for me, I usually tried to hit it without crossing-over (possible not using that term right), like hitting the snare with just my left hand and leaving the right to hand the yellow-yellow-blue-green. I also tried to use two hands on the snare (like it seems in the video when it shows the guy), I'm not sure which is better though the first way I typically played it is I think a little more comfortable for me. The two bass notes seemed to definitely mess me up now that I think about it and see them in the video. Overall that part just confuses me and I usually missed it when it came earlier too at 0:18 and the part before it at like 0:17 is weird too. I sometimes fail at the intro too at 0:16. Wow really long talk, that's pretty much it. Any help is appreciated.

PS: If anyone knows any other songs in Rock Band with Zak Starkey (Ringo's son) in them, I'd be interested to find them. I like his drumming style.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the awkward part, it's definitely best to straight stick it using a cross-under with your right hand. It simply involves having your right hand hit somewhere around the right part of the red pad while your left hand reaches for the yellow.

The second bass note location in each crossover is simply before the snare-crash. So do your best to delay the snare-crash a tad bit so you can kick.

Also, don't underestimate the speed of that part; it is pretty fast.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
For the awkward part, it's definitely best to straight stick it using a cross-under with your right hand. It simply involves having your right hand hit somewhere around the right part of the red pad while your left hand reaches for the yellow.

The second bass note location in each crossover is simply before the snare-crash. So do your best to delay the snare-crash a tad bit so you can kick.

Also, don't underestimate the speed of that part; it is pretty fast.

Okay, that makes sense, I'll work on it like that. It does seem easier you need to move around a bit more, but it's less fast movement in each hand.

That makes sense, this too I shall work on.

Yeah it's pretty quick, I went back and played the drum solo from the recording of wont get fooled again and it was soooo different and sooo much slower I was shocked.

Thank you very much sir

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: