FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/26 DLC: Yes!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really that interested in Yes, but I might grab Heart of the Sunrise which could be entertaining to play in certain parts.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
psymatiq wrote:
beautifull HMX... freaking sold all of it... more prog makes kittens survive.

It's true. Kittens are known to have a severe prog deficiency that can prove to be fatal. It's a scientific fact. Veterinarians are required to play "Tom Sawyer" when performing surgery on cats in order to keep them stable, and "21st Centrury Schizoid Man" if they require a double dose.

Unfortunately, deer are actually allergic to prog. They're more punk fans.

And whatever you do, do not try to use it on a bear! They are severe metalheads and will rip your arms off if you try to play Yes for them. If you're camping and a bear approaches, I hope you have some Megadeth on hand. Even if you do, you still need to move away fast, as they're liable to start moshing at any moment. Trust me, you do not want to be around when that happens!
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to complain since I've been waiting for this pack forever and they included Heart of the motherfucking Sunrise, but Owner of a Lonely Heart. Can't say I'm surprised though. I believe I owe mystakin a voxkeys FC now that it's a reality.

Also, I've Seen All Good People is going to be boring (see: nonexistent) for bass/keys/drums for about two thirds of the song.

All things considered, they could have made better choices for a 5-pack, but I'm willing to forgive them because HEART OF THE SUNRISE.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
psymatiq wrote:
beautifull HMX... freaking sold all of it... more prog makes kittens survive.

It's true. Kittens are known to have a severe prog deficiency that can prove to be fatal. It's a scientific fact. Veterinarians are required to play "Tom Sawyer" when performing surgery on cats in order to keep them stable, and "21st Centrury Schizoid Man" if they require a double dose.

Unfortunately, deer are actually allergic to prog. They're more punk fans.

And whatever you do, do not try to use it on a bear! They are severe metalheads and will rip your arms off if you try to play Yes for them. If you're camping and a bear approaches, I hope you have some Megadeth on hand. Even if you do, you still need to move away fast, as they're liable to start moshing at any moment. Trust me, you do not want to be around when that happens!

You might say that they can bear-ly handle prog rock? Hahahahahaha.

...Okay, let's end this topic of conversation here before it gets out of hand.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
I hate to complain since I've been waiting for this pack forever and they included Heart of the motherfucking Sunrise, but Owner of a Lonely Heart. Can't say I'm surprised though. I believe I owe mystakin a voxkeys FC now that it's a reality.

If you're honestly going to complain about getting their most popular song(the one MOST people want) as DLC when you got Roundabout on-disc, you have problems.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
…this sort of prog rock makes me want to eat my own ears.

You mean the sort of prog rock that so many other prog rock acts consider an inspiration?

I'm just kidding, of course. Even in the realm of prog, Yes is "out there" and certainly an acquired taste. I can easily see fans of the genre picking from or even passing on this pack.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing missing is We Have Heaven. Expected it to be missing though, pretty deep cut. Other then that, HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:

If you're honestly going to complain about getting their most popular song(the one MOST people want) as DLC when you got Roundabout on-disc, you have problems.

I'm of the opinion that complaining about getting any Yes is an offense punishable by being tied down and forced to listen to Vogon poetry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextlevel88 wrote:
Even in the realm of prog, Yes is "out there" and certainly an acquired taste.

In the realm of prog, Yes is one of the two or three bands that define the genre. That's like saying in the realm of punk, the Sex Pistols are an acquired taste.

Mind you I find a lot of current "prog" quite formulaic and safe, so maybe we're looking at the same situation in different ways.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
In the realm of prog, Yes is one of the two or three bands that define the genre. That's like saying in the realm of punk, the Sex Pistols are an acquired taste.

BUt I hate the Sex Pistols...Or, at least I hate Anarchy and their WT song.

Considering how musically repressed I am, I'll probably give them a listen sometime. Dunno if I'd actually buy them since I got no one to harmony with or anything like that.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Icemage  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just say Yes to Yes.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLYFUCKINGSHIT!!!!!!!!FINALLY WERE GETTING YES. SO GOOD ON EVERYTHING!!! I cant believe all the good choices, this is insane. Roundabout was basically the funnest song in RB3 on every instrument I don't see this pack being any different. Holy jesus.

Though I don't understand why people call like Heart of the Sunrise a deep cut :/ I always thought it was one of their more popular, same with South Side of the Sky, Fragile is an incredibly well known album even outside of prog fans.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Duelies  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best week ever or at least best week since Rush's Moving Pictures. But I can easily that Heart of the Sunrise will be the best most epic track in Rock Band to date. I was kind of loosing hope that we'd even get one week of any classic prog. Hell I don't even care about Owner of a Lonely Heart being in there it's one of the best packs to come out. Maybe we can get some Peter Gabriel era Genesis, King Crimson, or some ELP(it's probably asking for too much though).
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
Mystakin wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:

I'm of the opinion that complaining about getting any Yes is an offense punishable by being tied down and forced to listen to The Devil Wears Prada
Fixed. Or alternative. Either way, do not diss Yes.

When in doubt: Say yes.
I do wonder though, what are the lengths of those songs? I know Yes songs can get pretty lengthy.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
I do wonder though, what are the lengths of those songs? I know Yes songs can get pretty lengthy.

Heart of the Sunrise should be about 10:30 since they won't include the We Have Heaven coda. For the rest, assuming album versions:

Starship Trooper 9:29
All Good People 6:55
South Side of the Sky 7:58
Owner of a Lonely Heart 4:30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: