FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Top 100 Hardest Pro Keys FCs
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mazegeek999PSN  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: The Top 100 Hardest Pro Keys FCs Reply with quote

Click here for the full list.

1 Through the Fire and Flames
2 Roundabout
3 Do You Feel Like We Do (Live)
4 On the Backs of Angels
5 I Want It All (RB3 Version)
6 Frankenstein
7 Heart of the Sunrise
8 Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
9 The Weight (Live)
10 Tweezer
11 Crippled Inside
12 I Wish
13 Child in Time
14 Starship Trooper
15 Rosanna
16 American Pie
17 Paradise by the Dashboard Light
18 Higher Ground
19 Revolution Rock
20 Shelter Me
21 Sweet Home Alabama (Live)
22 Tuesday's Gone
23 The Entertainer
24 What's Your Name?
25 Llama
26 Prelude/Angry Young Man
27 I've Seen All Good People
28 Superstition
29 Smoke on the Water
30 Bad Medicine
31 Free Bird
32 Captain Jack
33 I Don't Wanna Be a Soldier Mama
34 L.A. Woman
35 Fly Like an Eagle
36 Light My Fire
37 Jessica
38 Jungle Boogie
39 Riders on the Storm
40 The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia (RB3 Version)
41 South Side of the Sky
42 Antibodies
43 Touch Me
44 Black Magic Woman
45 Ghost of Perdition
46 Free Ride
47 How Do You Sleep?
48 Cowboy Casanova
49 The Heart of Rock & Roll
50 Operation Ground and Pound
51 Me and Bobby McGee
52 Stash
53 Make Me Smile
54 We're an American Band
55 The Stranger
56 Pressure
57 I Go to Extremes
58 I Want a New Drug
59 Love Rollercoaster
60 Oh Yoko!
61 I'm Still Standing
62 Only the Good Die Young
63 Jealous Guy
64 Modern Love
65 Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
66 Death on Two Legs (Dedicated to...)
67 Glory of Love
68 Ride (RB3 Version)
69 Somebody to Love (RB3 Version)
70 Sir Duke
71 That's How Country Boys Roll (RB3 Version)
72 Spill the Wine
73 Sober
74 Awful Beautiful Life (RB3 Version)
75 Ants Marching
76 Rock the Casbah
77 Small Axe
78 Bohemian Rhapsody
79 Weird Science
80 Rehab
81 The Crystal Ship
82 Remedy
83 Man of Me (RB3 Version)
84 Look Around
85 Piano Man
86 Saturday Night Special
87 The Bitch Is Back
88 Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
89 TWANG (RB3 Version)
90 Peace Frog
91 Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
92 Fire
93 Edge of Seventeen (Just Like the White-Winged Dove)
94 Spanish Bombs
95 Alright (RB3 Version)
96 Perfect Day (RB3 Version)
97 Gimme Some Truth
98 Love Her Madly
99 Once Bitten Twice Shy
100 Tragedy

Last edited by mazegeek999PSN on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:15 am; edited 13 times in total
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some IMO things,

No way TTFAF is #3. Yes, it has one of the most incredibly clusterfucky parts ever, but it's not that bad outside of it.

Italian Restaurant is too high, again, one hard part, rest isn't too bad. (Although, the hard part is easier than TTFAF's, but the rest is harder)

Angry Young Man is the same.

Crippled Inside is WAY too low, IMO, that should be up there with Roundabout, I have no idea what's going on in that song.

Half Crazy should be by the lower end, the choruses are just what.

Something tells me that Veil Pt. 1 is a little too low too.

Other than that, I wholeheartedly agree with this.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that makes me think twice about moving things down just because they're only hard in one part is how high American Music and Alpha Strike are on the bass list. (Despite my constant hesitation to move them up.) I'm aware that XPK charts don't really reach the speed bass charts can, but they make up for it with complexity since they're not limited to five lanes. Also, (while it's just a guess) I'd say that TTFAF is there for the two fast sections (Cold Winter Morning and Synth Death, yes I still use the GH3 names >__>) plus the sheer length, and SFAIR would also be a factor of a long song that likely has quite a bit going on, and then a hard part.

I'm sure Voltgloss had his reasons in any case, but we'll see what the community thinks. In any case, that can't be the final list since it's missing some notable RBN songs that he can't access.

Also as a general thought, I'd make the assumption that Voltgloss made the list from a one handed standpoint. I guess that means that there should be a decision involving that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have assumed Crippled Inside would be harder than Paradise By The Dashboard Light, but i'm only going by watching videos of both since i don't have either

i would imagine that a few of the songs from the Yes pack that's coming soon might make this list

inv4der wrote:

Also as a general thought, I'd make the assumption that Voltgloss made the list from a one handed standpoint. I guess that means that there should be a decision involving that.

i think the list should consider both one-handed and two-handed difficulty for each song, since both methods are considered valid for FCs and could take any of these songs off the unFCed list

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
No way TTFAF is #3. Yes, it has one of the most incredibly clusterfucky parts ever, but it's not that bad outside of it.

I can't make any qualified statements about key charts specifically. However, every other unFCed/hard FCs list (drum, guitar, bass, vox) has led me to the belief that the difficulty of a song is best indicated by the difficulty of its hardest part. EJN/Crawl/DGAM are fucking easy outside the strumming, Constant Motion is pretty doable outside solo D, Camera Eye and both Working Men would have been FCed long ago if not for the rolls, Alive (Live) and Inside Out were totally FCable on vox except for one phrase each that was broken. Same (to a lesser extent) on vox with Cherry Bomb, Next To You and OWoA.

Bottom line: if the hardest part of TTFAF is significantly harder than any part of [other song] then TTFAF should be ranked as a harder FC.
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to note, many RBN keys songs have harder sections.

Another Step is a major song missing from this list. Dreamchaser too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Crippled Inside is about right. The hardest thing for the really good players will be the grace notes, the wide three-note chords that come up (octave interval it appears), and of course the solo.

Re: TTFAF there are two parts that prevent the FC, but both are really fast. Obviously if someone could hit both those parts with any consistency it would go down quickly, but I'm guessing Volty's got that one #3 because he doesn't think anyone will do that any time soon.

Is L.A. Woman that hard to FC? That's the only one on the list that I figured a top player would take down, although I'm no wizard at any of these songs,

re: Paradise by the Dashboard Light: Verse 2 is kind of hard.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
Another thing to note, many RBN keys songs have harder sections.

Another Step is a major song missing from this list. Dreamchaser too.

inv4der wrote:
I will note that he has very limited RBN access since he's on the PS3 (so don't get mad that he forgot some RBN songs or whatever). So in addition to the stuff he has listed, I'd say Another Step (Andromeda), Dreamchaser (Amberian Dawn), the VVVVVV songs (Magnus 'Souleye' Palsson), Betus Blues (dB Soundworks) and The Thief In The Night (Chaotrope) should be considered for spots. (I'd be willing to expand to 30-35 as well depending on how many suggestions there are.)

>__>

Anyway, with suggestions I need to know where they'd go. I assume Another Step and Dreamchaser as well as The Thief In The Night would be in the top ten given their stupid solos.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few thoughts/responses:

On two-handed/one-handed: I play almost exclusively one-handed. However, I do play two-handed on parts that appear to demand it. (For example, Operation Ground and Pound. I am working on learning the sixteenth-note fills, and as near as I can tell, the way to do so is to use both hands.) If someone thinks a particular song should be moved because it's significantly easier two-handed, by all means suggest that. But for these top-tier songs, I don't know that we need another entirely exclusive list just for two-handed play. (Frankly, I think a lot of these are paradoxically easier if you approach them primarily one-handed, as it's easier to keep track of one hand than two. Many times I've tried a tough part two-handed only to find that, ultimately, I do better at it one-handed.)

@inv4der: As the other songs you've suggested become available for PS3, I'll pick them up and give my thoughts on where they belong. Another Step, I think, may be available already.

@Hobo: Thanks for your thoughts! I made this list off the top of my head, so it can certainly stand some tweaking, I'm sure. With that in mind, here's a little insight into my thinking when I set up the initial list:

- I agree only the two clusterfuck parts of TTFAF put it up that high. But one of them is sixteenth-note triplets. At TTFAF's 200 bpm, that is - I think - one of the very fastest sections of any Pro Keys part to date, if not the fastest. That's my rationale for putting it so high.

- Italian Restaurant I need to replay. I had it in mind as "like Paradise, but with a ridiculous solo," but perhaps I'll revise that opinion on a revisit.

- Angry Young Man is where it is mainly for the ridiculous part at the very end, which is like Roundabout lite, but in a sense even worse because it's RIGHT when you're most likely to choke. The solo is no joke either.

- Crippled Inside takes practice to make sense of, but once you've done that (and that takes work, certainly), it doesn't have any absolutely insane single part - more like significantly insane throughout. It's also shorter than Scenes/Paradise/DYFLWD, which I think is another big factor in the FC analysis. I could potentially see swapping it around the rank 6 to rank 9 range, but I have trouble seeing it up into the top 5.

- Half Crazy I need to pick up as well. I'll report back after doing so.

- Based on a sightread of both, I felt Veil Pt. 1 was slightly more FC'able than Chameleon... but I'll replay and report back.

@megallica: Paradise and Crippled Inside could potentially be swapped. The hardest part of Paradise, I think, is Verse 2 (as blingdomepiece mentioned); I still don't have a good way to approach that section. Also, Paradise has the edge in length, which is why I ultimately put it higher than Crippled Inside. That said, I haven't really sat down to learn Paradise yet, so I may revise my opinion after doing so.

@bclare: Agreed. From where I sit, the main issues for an FC are: (1) how many truly hard parts the song has; (2) how hard those parts are; and (3) how long the song is overall. As an auxiliary concern, a song gets "bonus" difficulty points if its hard parts are late in the song, due to the choke factor (see Prelude).

@blingdomepiece: L.A. Woman's hard part is the end, where it gets into grace-note clusterfuck territory. Nothing as hard as the rest of the list above it, but it's still hard (and definitely harder than Light My Fire). I've worked quite a bit on both and have gold stars on Light My Fire, but they still elude me on L.A. Woman. Plus, the song is just flat-out long.

Thanks inv4der for doing this!

EDIT: I've replayed Scenes, and in my opinion, its first solo is harder than anything in Paradise. It's very much like The Entertainer's vicious Verse 5. The rest of Scenes (except the second solo, which is also no slouch) is generally more straightforward than Paradise, but from an FC perspective, I still think the solos in Scenes give it the edge over Paradise.

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voltgloss wrote:

@blingdomepiece: L.A. Woman's hard part is the end, where it gets into grace-note clusterfuck territory. Nothing as hard as the rest of the list above it, but it's still hard (and definitely harder than Light My Fire). I've worked quite a bit on both and have gold stars on Light My Fire, but they still elude me on L.A. Woman. Plus, the song is just flat-out long.

Gotcha. To me this is "a collection of songs I can scrape out a 3* pass on at best" with a small helping of "RBlolNo", so I'm not the best to compare the FC-ability.
googleimage  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm essentially in agreement over the songs that I've seen and played, with the only exception being the placement of Free Bird relative to Smoke On The Water. Free Bird's hardest part certainly wouldn't be #17 calibre, and while there are a lot of really tricky parts throughout it's 9+ minutes, I'm still not convinced that it has that one "lolno" part. Smoke On The Water has several, and it ain't exactly short.

It's crazy to think that there are 6 songs that are harder to FC than Paradise by the Dashboard Light, but it's mighty hard to argue with any of the songs ahead of it.
Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

googleimage wrote:
I'm essentially in agreement over the songs that I've seen and played, with the only exception being the placement of Free Bird relative to Smoke On The Water. Free Bird's hardest part certainly wouldn't be #17 calibre, and while there are a lot of really tricky parts throughout it's 9+ minutes, I'm still not convinced that it has that one "lolno" part. Smoke On The Water has several, and it ain't exactly short.

Maybe I'm overreacting from my own (so far unsuccessful) efforts to FC Free Bird, but the difficult part I'm particularly thinking of is Guitar Solo E/F/G/H. Where you have to play, basically, a gallop drum beat on keys. For what feels like (when trying to do it) an eternity. With a gliss right at the end, leading into another two-note chord. It may look simple on a chart - and frankly, it IS simple - but it is physically taxing (you will make mistakes because your hand gets tired or you just barely lose the beat) in a way that Smoke isn't.

Plus, the gallop hell part of Free Bird is extremely late in the song. (It basically is the end, as the few parts after that are piss easy.) Whereas Smoke on the Water's hardest part (the arpeggio after the second verse) is "only" midway through the song. Not to denigrate Smoke's ending solo, which is certainly tough, but it is eminently FC'able (I've done it) and is easier to hit consistently compared to Free Bird's gallop hell.

That said, if the consensus is that Smoke's difficult parts outweigh Free Bird's, notwithstanding Free Bird's greater length, I can understand switching them. Just wanted to explain my thinking going in to the ratings.

I need to get back to working on Free Bird. Perhaps I'll work on Smoke simultaneously and make sure to play each one the same number of times, as a very non-scientific test of which one really is easier to FC.

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.
werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to note another RBN song that is probably list worthy is My Star by Andromeda easiest of their songs probably, but still has a noteworthy solo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heart Of The Sunrise. Put it on this list. Now.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Heart Of The Sunrise. Put it on this list. Now.

I'd love to make all sorts of additions, however, I have not yet gotten any sort of "Song X is harder than Song Y" comments, which would help placement of new songs. If you really want me to guess at this, I can do that, but something tells me I'll get complained at when I do that. (At no fault of my own of course.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: