FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Strum lanes : Am I doing it wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Strum lanes : Am I doing it wrong? Reply with quote

Okay so I have a lot of trouble with strum lanes... I understand how trill lanes work now but strum lanes I don't get it at all!

Two examples :
5 Minutes Alone by Pantera

A very short solo that should be super easy... but no I cant FC it, it always breaks combo without any reasons

Well I gave up... but now today I downloaded Falling Away From Me by KorN and same problem.

I get 100% on the song, I feel like I totally am alt strumming in rythm and changing color at the right time, but it keeps overstrumming.
If it overstrums then that would mean I would go too fast... but I don't

And I see that lot of people have FCed both songs so I wonder, am I the only one having this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
I have no problems with normal strum sections otherwise (Panic Attack for example)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
elitewarrior500  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in lanes its best to stop one note before u are supposed to and if there are hopos u have to use the hopos it takes practice but thats the trick to it for practice try this on the crazy train intro the pattern is GGG OOOOOO BBBBBB YYYYYY RRRRRR strum the G's twice then use the hopo and strum 4 O's then use the B hopo and strum 4 blues and so on

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all strum lanes, do your best to end one note early (or if the lanes are really fast, two notes might do it). If the strum lanes are really short like Long Hot Summer Night's outro, then it may be best to strum them fully, though it is recommended to strum the last note in each as early as possible.

If there are hammer-ons in the strum lane, DO NOT STRUM THEM. They will break your combo most of the time, if not always. It's one of the strum lane system's biggest flaws and it's very annoying.

Those are just about the two only things you need to know. So for practice, let's try Crazy Train's intro:

Every lane except the first one (the green one) starts with a hammer-on, so keeping that in mind, every lane should end one note early, and every lane with a hammer-on should have that hammer-on used; overall your strumming pattern should look like this:

- - - - - - - - -

I hope this lesson helps, because I was kind of stumped too until I started working on Crazy Train.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
andrechi14  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What both Elitewarrior and Pup said is right, but I want to add that you shouldn't fear taking a song on practice and trying other methods out, there are some songs that if you strum the hammerons in the beginning of each strum lane, you won't miss, like long hot summer night, its much easier if you strum the hammer-on at the beginning of every different lane (except at the doublets at the end, those you want to use the hammer-ons on)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way these lanes work is that you can strum as fast as you possibly can, or down to half the speed of the actual notes (or trill, if it's trill lanes), so long as it's consistent throughout the lane. Also, you can strum the hammerons if you want, but be wary, as they do NOT like to be hit outside of their respective strum/trill lanes. Hit them late at the start of the lane, and early at the end of the lane.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: