FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/12 DLC: P.O.D., Erasure, Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diablocon  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised they didn't give us Sleeping Awake to make it a three pack.

Oh well... BOOM!
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax? Ugh, come on, HMX, I'm already behind on my cheesy 80s pop, don't thrust more on me, I need to catch up! Frankie Goes to Hollywood is a definite buy, and I didn't even realise that Wheatus' version of A Little Respect was actually a cover until now.

I would kind of like "The Power of Love" too, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that brief clip, Relax sounds like a re-record?
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 7/12 DLC Leaked Reply with quote

Oh what the fuck, now I get to have A Little Respect stuck in my head for the rest of the month. All it takes is a mention. I love the song but for the sake of my own sanity I'll have to pass on buying it. Don't like Frankie Goes To Hollywood and I absolutely detest POD, so I guess it's a zero week for me.

youhas wrote:
Ben Kweller!

Holy shit, yes please.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:
Don't know why Boom and Youth of the Nation didn't come out with Alive but I'll take 'em

Alive came out on RBN some time ago. My guess is that it sold well, so HMX picked them up for "official" DLC. As a side note, is this the first time an artist has been introduced on RBN and then later come out as HMX-charted DLC? It often goes the other way (Evanescence, ATR, etc.).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, considering that we've had a lot of awesome weeks lately, and this Tuesday is my birthday, I got my hopes up for something awesome. Instead, I got something decent, which is disappointing. P.O.D. tracks aren't bad, with Youth of the Nation actually being a track I've wanted for awhile, so there's a win. Relax had to come at some point, since it's an 80's staple. Oddly enough, I just heard the Erasure track for the first time a couple days ago, and it's pretty good. I'm highly considering buying everything though, just because it's my birthday.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitoshura wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:
Don't know why Boom and Youth of the Nation didn't come out with Alive but I'll take 'em

Alive came out on RBN some time ago. My guess is that it sold well, so HMX picked them up for "official" DLC. As a side note, is this the first time an artist has been introduced on RBN and then later come out as HMX-charted DLC? It often goes the other way (Evanescence, ATR, etc.).

Alive was definitely official DLC.

DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
Hitoshura wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:

Yeah, the only artists that have gone from RBN to official DLC are Family Force 5 and KMFDM.

GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a week for me, but it sounds like most people are happy so there's something.

I listened to the clips and thought it was just "meh." I was expecting "Relax" to be an Oh-that-song moment for me, but it wasn't. I must have missed that one entirely if it's such a staple of the '80s.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Bront  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Not a week for me, but it sounds like most people are happy so there's something.

I listened to the clips and thought it was just "meh." I was expecting "Relax" to be an Oh-that-song moment for me, but it wasn't. I must have missed that one entirely if it's such a staple of the '80s.
That version of "Relax" doesn't sound like the one I know, but apparently it's a different remix of the song.

I'll snag that and maybe think about POD, though I'm not a huge fan. I get Country Song too, so there's that.

Songs: Just over 1000.
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:

Ah, I think I must have confused it with "Higher" by Creed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what i get for my birthday?

I mean, cmon, i gave HMX the idea for GDRB (lol).
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love P.O.D. to death so I'll pick them up. I was kind of hoping for some of their more reggae-tinged stuff though. Youth of the Nation is awesome.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol80s On the plus side, if Frankie Goes to Hollywood showed up this quickly, hopefully that means Heart isn't far behind.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wikipedia wrote:
"Relax (Come Fighting)" was the version of the song included on the Welcome to the Pleasuredome album. This is ostensibly a variant of the 7-inch "Move" mix, but readily distinguishable from it in many ways, of which the most obvious are the fade-in (virtually no fade-in and the vocal is always central on the album track), plus a prominent reverbed-kick-drum sound during the introduction and third sung chorus (completely missing from the album version). The "Come Fighting" version also shares with the later "1993 Classic Mix" reissue (which is almost identical to the album version) a certain post-production sheen (greater stereo separation of parts, more strategic uses of reverb, etc.) that is absent from the original 1983 7-inch single mix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: