FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
List of the 10 Impossible to Gold RBN Charts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimEbaysball  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: List of the 10 Impossible to Gold RBN Charts Reply with quote

This thread will track charts from the Rock Band Network (RBN) that are/seem impossible to gold. Hopefully we can learn from these so there aren't anymore charts made like this in the future. What motivated me to start this thread was after playing "Envision" on keyboard you only get a score of a little over 5,943 with no overdrive to be used. Note that it needs to be an official released song in the store. Also as long as it can be golded on one Rock Band game in the franchise it'll stay off the list.

Please reply to this thread if you have spotted a chart that seems impossible to gold using a good path and an FC. A link to a picture or video would be appreiciated.

http://error420.com/rbn/ - Keeps track of EVERY RBN song even before it hits the store.

1. "Yo Shakespeare" by Bang on a Can All-Stars / Michael Gordon (Drums)
Added: June 14th, 2010

Why it can't be golded:
Theres simply no overdrive included in this chart with only one score being possible on an FC.
Video

2. "ShadowBang (Head)" by Bang on a Can All-Stars / Evan Ziporyn (Drums)

Why it can't be golded:
Theres simply no overdrive included in this chart with only one score being possible on an FC.
Video

3. "Cheating, Lying, Stealing" by Bang on a Can All-Stars / David Langl (Drums)

Why it can't be golded:
Video

4. "Liberated By Blasphemy" by Adam Evil (Bass)
Added: July 6th, 2010

Why it can't be golded:
The charter failed to accommodate for the tempo changes in the song. The little overdrive included drains fast and only has about 2 unisons. I have FCed this multiple times with a good path and 1st place still with no gold.

5. "Envision" by Severed (Keyboard)
Added: July 7th, 2011

Why It can't be golded:
Picture

6."Toast (Live)" by Heywood Banks (Drums)
Added: August 4th, 2011

Why It can't be golded:
Seems to be a slight miscalculation with the amount of overdrive added. A little more overdrive in the song might have made this chart goldable. Un-goldable on both regular and PRO drum charts.
Video

7."Scissors" by Emery (Keyboard)
Added: August 25th, 2011

Why It can't be golded:
Similar to the "Envision" chart, there are only a few notes on this chart and simply no overdrive.
Picture

8."If It Means A Lot To You" by A Day To Remember (Drums)
Added: October 27th, 2011

Why It can't be golded:
It has a little over 300 notes and only one unison. It seems that it is on the verge of golding but just barely not enough overdrive.
Picture

9."The Massacre (Rock Band Mix)" by FantomenK (Vocals)
Added: December 22nd, 2011

Why It can't be golded:
inv4der wrote:
There is a mere seven (talkie) phrases and no OD.

10."BRODYQUEST" by Lemon Demon (Vocals)
Added: January 12th, 2012

Why It can't be golded:
diablocon wrote:
It's impossible to GS on vocals, simply because there's no OD, and even if there was, there's no gap in the vocals to allow an activation.

Last edited by TimEbaysball on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: tndrwarrior77 PSN Name: tndrwarrior77 Wii Friend Code: 103306957034
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is (Random Song) gold-starrable on bass?

NSiYusuke  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DragoonXD wrote:
Is (Random Song) gold-starrable on bass?

in RB3, yes. =D RB2, no...

RIP RBN
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canary can't be GS'd on expert guitar
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:

Are we gonna count test songs that weren't ever officially released and that we're technically not even supposed to have at all? Especially since there's nothing to learn about how to fix it for the future since it's a one note song that was done solely to test how that would work? >__>

If nothing else, put it in another section, separate from the stuff people can actually easy purchase.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there a song on RBN that doesn't have drum OD because the author didn't want fills? Is that one GSable?

Songs: Just over 1000.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
Isn't there a song on RBN that doesn't have drum OD because the author didn't want fills? Is that one GSable?

That would be all three non-Believing Bang on a Can songs, I don't think they're goldable. Someone could FC them in RB3 and check though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Bront wrote:

That would be all three non-Believing Bang on a Can songs, I don't think they're goldable. Someone could FC them in RB3 and check though.

Indulgence also fits that description, but it can get Gold because the entire thing was marked as a drum solo. (Not sure if this is the case in RB3 though, someone should check.) We almost did the same for Drum Exercises.

Anything with decent OD should be goldable in the RB3 engine though. The first song our group put out, Light, was very, VERY narrowly goldable on bass due to the overload of OD we put on it. In RB3, it's super-easy to gold. So really, this list would pretty much be nothing but songs with no/minimal OD authored.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Arcanon24
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcanon wrote:
inv4der wrote:
Bront wrote:

Indulgence also fits that description, but it can get Gold because the entire thing was marked as a drum solo. (Not sure if this is the case in RB3 though, someone should check.)

I forgot about Indulgence, actually. The cutoffs in RB3 do factor in solos, so who knows if gold is possible. You'd obviously need someone to FC it to see. I know it's possible in RB2 though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: List of the 2 Impossible to Gold RBN Charts WIP Reply with quote

TimEbaysball wrote:
Hopefully we can learn from these so there aren't anymore charts made like this in the future.

Remember, unless the rules of RBN charting have changed, the inclusion of, and positioning of, Overdrive isn't a factor when officially juding song quality. So if you get an author that doesn't understand how Overdrive / Solo Unison Bonuses / Drum Activations work, the occasional impossible to Gold Star song will still sneak out there.

As an example, the upcoming song Low Life in the Fast Lane by Pump (should appear on Thursday) has a Unison Bonus twelve seconds before the song ends. (There's enough Overdrive before that to make it an easy Gold Star.) Unusable drumming overdrive drives me NUTS, but it's not "wrong."

I still wonder if "The Ending Is Death" would have been gold-starrable on RB2 drums - there's not much overdrive, and even one "double hit combo break" seems to be enough to stop Gold on RB3. But since few people own that one, we may never know ...
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: List of the 2 Impossible to Gold RBN Charts WIP Reply with quote

PeridotWeapon wrote:
Remember, unless the rules of RBN charting have changed, the inclusion of, and positioning of, Overdrive isn't a factor when officially juding song quality. So if you get an author that doesn't understand how Overdrive / Solo Unison Bonuses / Drum Activations work, the occasional impossible to Gold Star song will still sneak out there.

As an example, the upcoming song Low Life in the Fast Lane by Pump (should appear on Thursday) has a Unison Bonus twelve seconds before the song ends. (There's enough Overdrive before that to make it an easy Gold Star.) Unusable drumming overdrive drives me NUTS, but it's not "wrong."

This isn't entirely true. While overdrive is optional for authoring, it's highly encouraged and there are still rules to follow. OD can't appear on top of drum fills, drum fills cannot be placed in drum solos so no more than 4 OD phrases can be in a solo. Lastly, there should be no unisons in the last 12 measures of the song, and no OD in the last 8. So that Pump song is probably in violation of that rule and either no one caught it or the author didn't want to fix it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:

Only officially songs released will count toward the list

inv4der wrote:
Arcanon wrote:
inv4der wrote:
Bront wrote:

Indulgence also fits that description, but it can get Gold because the entire thing was marked as a drum solo. (Not sure if this is the case in RB3 though, someone should check.)

I forgot about Indulgence, actually. The cutoffs in RB3 do factor in solos, so who knows if gold is possible. You'd obviously need someone to FC it to see. I know it's possible in RB2 though.

Thanks I added the Bang on a Can songs to the list. Also to clear things up as long as its goldable on one Rock Band game it'll stay off the list.

PeridotWeapon wrote:

I still wonder if "The Ending Is Death" would have been gold-starrable on RB2 drums - there's not much overdrive, and even one "double hit combo break" seems to be enough to stop Gold on RB3. But since few people own that one, we may never know ...

Funny you should mention that. Just the other day I thought to go back and try that out and try to gold it. I got a -2 or 3 the first time I played it and it didn't gold. I got a -1 because of a screwed up activation fill and managed to gold it right before the last note. So yeah it's barely goldable.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: List of the 5 Impossible to Gold RBN Charts WIP Reply with quote

TimEbaysball wrote:
This thread will track charts from the Rock Band Network (RBN) that are/seem impossible to gold. Hopefully we can learn from these so there aren't anymore charts made like this in the future. What motivated me to start this thread was after playing "Envision" on keyboard you only get a score of a little over 5,943 with no overdrive to be used.

You make it sound like this was an accident on our part / the part of the playtesters for not catching this. The exclusion of overdrive on keyboard was one hundred percent intentional, as the keyboard part in this song lasts all of ten measures and twenty seconds, with only the final sustain for the last five seconds overlapping any other part outside of vocals. Were it possible to have placed a unison bonus at the start of this section, we would have. The only other option was to shoehorn in two overdrive phrases nearly back to back in the same section.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just because there's no rules saying you need exactly some amount of OD doesn't mean the authors don't put it in if the testers notice something. I did a PR of Pac-Man Fever before it came out and realized there was only about 3 OD phrases on keytar, so I FCed it and didn't gold. Mentioned that, and it got fixed for the final release (and I think otherwise it was ready to go, so just the OD issue held it up a little)
davyinatoga  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is "Drum Exercises for the Sufficiently Masochistic" another all-solo song without OD?

EXPERT Jack-of-all-trades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: