FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/5 DLC: System Of A Down, R.E.M., The Vapors, Buffalo Springfield!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Now, Oingo Boingo, a Flock of Seagulls and Scandal and that's me sorted for Cheesy, Poppy, Brilliant songs from GH80s.
Error 404: The Warrior not found. :P

I'm sorry, but the correct answer was "The Warrior" as performed by Scandal, with the band previously mentioned. You did well, though, thanks for playing!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Now, Oingo Boingo, a Flock of Seagulls and Scandal and that's me sorted for Cheesy, Poppy, Brilliant songs from GH80s.

If we could get a certain other SCANDAL in Rock Band, I could die happy (assuming we'll ever get Japanese artists).

I will be picking up all of these songs. The variety is amazingly wonderful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
EinsteinSL  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japanese is cool, pretty meh SOAD choices.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am definitely buying all of this. Great song choices.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
You can dislike the songs all you want, and you can wish for other songs all you want. My point is given the info we had, that we were getting two SoaD songs that were highly requested, expecting anything that wasn't a single would be absurd. You shouldn't have gotten your hopes up in the first place if you wanted a deep cut.

As for his opinion, slapping "imo" on a statement doesn't make it infallible. It doesn't mean I can't disagree with it. This is not a missed opportunity by any stretch of the imagination, unless the opportunity being missed is pleasing him.

Ouch! Mystakin is the crusher of dreams! I bet you're a real hit at the parties! (Since you pretty much just said "you can wish for all you want" and then said "you shouldn't have gotten your hopes up" derp?)

I pretty much knew what the songs were going to be when I saw the summer reveal, but like I said it seems uncalled for to talk down to the people who were still crossing their fingers for something else (condescension is never the high road, y'know? No matter how silly you think we are! ). I got your original point just fine. Doesn't make it okay to be the white knight in a thread where the complaining was a quiet "meh" at worst. Regarding your second statement... I kind of wanted to facepalm, really. Opinions are neither right nor wrong, and while you have every right to disagree, that also doesn't make your opinion truth (seems pretty common sense, but some people forget that the street goes both ways...). I agree in that I don't think slapping 'imo' on everything makes it infallible, but if he wasn't antagonizing anybody I don't see a reason to get all up in arms over it.

As for on topic: Turning Japanese will be a lot more fun than I remembered.

Edit:
Blehgopie wrote:
Also, the guy who said more stuff from GH80s...VERY FUCKING YES. And we need more than Only A Lad from Oingo Boingo. WAAAAAY more.

I've been saying this for months! I'll be highly disappointed if we don't get a 3-pack from Oingo Boingo at least. And not even Mystakin is going to smash those hopes and dreams to the earth! XD

(Incidentally, you guys need to listen to the song "Goodbye-Goodbye." It would be an amazing choice for Rock Band and the vocals would be insane, definitely faster than Stone Cold Crazy in bits)

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
ManfredvonKarma wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Error 404: The Warrior not found. :P
I'm sorry, but the correct answer was "The Warrior" as performed by Scandal, with the band previously mentioned. You did well, though, thanks for playing!
Shit... how could I forget that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest, I'd be hard pressed to consider any SoaD songs "weak choices" (even if they were all off "Steal This Album!").

Hypnotized was the song that got me into SoaD though, I was actually searching for random GH2 customs on Youtube way back when and I saw a Hypnotized custom. Having heard of SoaD, but never actually listening to them, I watched the video, and instantly fell in love. It took me a little bit to get into their harsher stuff, but now I love them.

Also, the guy who said more stuff from GH80s...VERY FUCKING YES. And we need more than Only A Lad from Oingo Boingo. WAAAAAY more.

BathTub  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice week. Definitely getting everything non-SOAD. SOAD is a maybe.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know it's a good week on Score Hero when we've got one repeat (albeit from before the time we got a full band) and the weakest link is System of a Down, of all bands. All we need now is a week where Dream Theater and Muse are the weakest links, and it'll actually be enough shock to cause a brain aneurysm among the entire community.

Pink Floyd/Muse week, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah. (Although, I prefer Muse because I know them more, and have known them longer, the whole "ABOUT FUCKING TIME" thing for Pink Floyd will make my downloading priorities clearer.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
The choices are obvious, but that doesn't mean we can't hope for something else. Just like when we got Smash Mouth DLC I was hoping for something other than All Star, since they have so many better songs, and so on. It's just kinda harsh to say that people who are disappointed with the choices are foolish. :| Like I said I can't really complain, I've gotten most of what I wanted from SOAD, but y'know, everyone is entitled to their wishlist.

Also, it's a missed opportunity in his opinion. Seems kind of unnecessary to scold somebody for having a unique opinion.

@ Capt.Howdy: Agreed

You can dislike the songs all you want, and you can wish for other songs all you want. My point is given the info we had, that we were getting two SoaD songs that were highly requested, expecting anything that wasn't a single would be absurd. You shouldn't have gotten your hopes up in the first place if you wanted a deep cut.

As for his opinion, slapping "imo" on a statement doesn't make it infallible. It doesn't mean I can't disagree with it. This is not a missed opportunity by any stretch of the imagination, unless the opportunity being missed is pleasing him.

I never said I didn't EXPECT two singles (I was expecting Lonely Day/Aerials tbh), just that I think better choices could have been made in regards to the picks.

Like Question. Question was a hit single, and would be extremely entertaining to play, moreso than either of the SOAD singles we are getting.

But don't mystake this for complaining. SOAD is my favorite band of all time and I will be up at 6AM to download these. Honestly if I have a real complaint it's that they should have gotten at least a 3 pack.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather...Unexciting choices for SOAD. Not horrible, I mean more SOAD is cool, but I would've liked for them to have done something a tad more interesting. Maybe do the popular Aerials and then a good crazy one. Just was not fond of anything from their last two albums.
ilblud91  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Rather...Unexciting choices for SOAD. Not horrible, I mean more SOAD is cool, but I would've liked for them to have done something a tad more interesting. Maybe do the popular Aerials and then a good crazy one. Just was not fond of anything from their last two albums.

I agree with that last statement somewhat, but there were PLENTY of crazy songs on the last two albums.

I still say Question would have fit both categories : "popular" and "crazy."
R3venG  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be buying "Man on the Moon" and "Turning Japanese".
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilblud91 wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:

I agree with that last statement somewhat, but there were PLENTY of crazy songs on the last two albums.

I still say Question would have fit both categories : "popular" and "crazy."

Well I should've said an older crazy one XD I just thought that most of their songs on the last two albums were completely weaker than anything they did before. Not nearly as fun. Very disappointing to me. I'll probably just grab Aerials next week.
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might pick up Aerials. IDK about the other songs.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: