FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/5 DLC: System Of A Down, R.E.M., The Vapors, Buffalo Springfield!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: 7/5 DLC: System Of A Down, R.E.M., The Vapors, Buffalo Sprin Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on July 5th, 2011:
  • For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield (X)

• Man On The Moon by R.E.M.

• Aerials by System Of A Down (X)

• Hypnotize by System Of A Down

• Turning Japanese by The Vapors (X)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system July 6)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Wake Up by Me Talk Pretty (160 MSP)

• It's Gonna Be A Long Night by Ween (160 MSP)

• Dharma Lady by Geronimo Jackson (80 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Morte et Dabo (2x Bass Pedal) by Asking Alexandria (160 MSP)

New RBN songs this week for PS3 which are currently available for scoretracking:

• My Star by Andromeda

• Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65

For full list of RBN songs available on PS3, see this thread.

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3 (or will be when PSN comes back), and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

Last edited by singemfrc on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC of July 5th: SOAD, R.E.M., Buffalo Springfield & Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
Stoked for Turning Japanese and Man on the Moon. I love SOAD, but those two choices don't really excite me. :/

This brings the GH80s count up to 11/30. And if Lips is anything to go by, Turning Japanese will be final tier vocals, easily.

Also, next week has to be the Soundgarden 6 pack. Surely. >_>

Wow, you completely ninja'd my exact comment. I love R.E.M., and Turning Japanese will be fun for the classic-GH completionists out there, but my favorite band of the week, SOAD, I'm just not too pumped about those choices.

Then again they've already got my 3 favorite SOAD songs in the game, so I suppose I can't complain. :p

Overall I probably won't buy anything. Man on the Moon is a good song but it doesn't strike me as very Rock-Band-y (Edit: Yeah, after a quick re-listen, the song is quite enjoyable, but it's also repetitive and probably boring to most who will play it, and that's coming from a BIG R.E.M. fan).

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically, the artist that I was most excited about in the headline- SOAD- is now the only band I'm passing on this week. Turning Japanese and the RBN stuff that we got yesterday are killer.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
lpunderground19  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about Buffalo Springfield (leaning toward buying it), getting everything else. Man on the Moon is my favorite REM song but I agree that it's not very Rock Band-y (nice adjective haha), I wasn't surprised at all it wasn't in the 6-pack. Pleasant surprise now though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Diemon Dave
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, an eclectic week.

Was REALLY hoping we'd get Wishin' and Hopin' to go with For What It's Worth, but oh well. Turning Japanese is insta-buy. Don't know the other three songs by name, but given past charts of the other three bands, I won't buy the REM song and may get some SOAD.
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are crazy, I wanna sing both those System of a Down songs. Also enjoying the Vapors and perhaps Man on the Moon if I'm feeling it as I flip through the store.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning Japanese, Yessssssssssssssss.

Now, Oingo Boingo, a Flock of Seagulls and Scandal and that's me sorted for Cheesy, Poppy, Brilliant songs from GH80s.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man on the Moon seems like a "would have been on RB4" song to me (e.g. better known single held back from previous pack).
diablocon  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Man on the Moon seems like a "would have been on RB4" song to me (e.g. better known single held back from previous pack).

Well we've still got Everybody Hurts, Great Beyond and Imitation of Life in the wings, just in case.
BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:

That assumes there will ever be a RB4...

This week, I'll pick up the SOAD songs just for nostalgia purposes.
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
Bront  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely The Vapors and Buffalo Springfield. Not sure on R.E.M. Definitely passing on SOAD. Interesting variety though, and hits most of the decades (70s though 00s)
diablocon wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:

Well we've still got Everybody Hurts, Great Beyond and Imitation of Life in the wings, just in case.
Don't forget "The One I Love"

Songs: Just over 1000.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:

God, I would LOVE to see Great Beyond in RB. Karaoke/vox would be absolutely fantastic.

Just to keep this comment on-topic, I'm pleasantly surprised at the variety of Protar picks this week too. They're all really interesting, even if they're not overly difficult.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
ilblud91  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aerials was a given, but there were so many better choice than Hypnotize from that album. Attack, Dreaming, Holy Mountains, Stealing Society, pretty much anything besides Lonely Day, and even it would have had a fun solo.

I'll still buy them both, but this was a huge missed opportunity, imo. Also, gotta wonder if Aerials will be the full song, or if they'll cut out the tribal-esque ending.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Turning Japanese is insta-buy.

Write this on the calendar: July 1st 2011, the day Kris and I agree on something in a DLC topic. :P

But, yup: definitely getting that. Man On The Moon is one of the small handful of REM songs I really like so I'll pick that up too. SOAD will depend on whether or not I can be bothered to dig the mic out, since they're not really my favourites.

Good week overall, I reckon.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some people, "For What its Worth" is probably an "oh, that song" moment. I'll be getting that and maybe the SOAD, despite the two songs they put in were not really what I wanted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: