FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/28 DLC: Poison, 3 Doors Down!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: 6/28 DLC: Poison, 3 Doors Down! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on June 28th, 2011:
  • Here Without You by 3 Doors Down

• When I'm Gone by 3 Doors Down (X)

• When You're Young by 3 Doors Down

• Nothin' But A Good Time by Poison (X)

• Talk Dirty To Me by Poison

• Unskinny Bop by Poison

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system June 29)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Poison Pack 01”, “3 Doors Down Pack 01” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points) for 3 Doors Down Pack 01
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points) for Poison Pack 01

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Big Bad World One by Jonathan Coulton (160 MSP)

• Doublecrossed by Valient Thorr (160 MSP)

• Liquid Smog (StompBox Remix) by WaveGroup Feat. Becca Neun (160 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Morte et Dabo by Asking Alexandria (160 MSP)

New RBN songs this week for PS3 which are currently available for scoretracking:

• Thou Shall Not Fear by Lazarus A.D.

For full list of RBN songs available on PS3, see this thread.

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3 (or will be when PSN comes back), and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that Poison pack is as about as perfect as you can get. Kudos for excluding Every Rose Has It's Thorn, which is one of the most annoying and overplayed songs of the last 30 years. 3 Doors Down I couldn't care less about, but they look like solid choices too.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Vicromano20  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Love Love Poison. Like fUNC said, so cool to see Unskinny Bop in a music game instead of Every Rose Has It's Thorn again.

And not the biggest fan of 3 Doors Down, but I like the two hits in that pack. As long as the new song doesn't utterly suck, I might as well pick that one up too.

Good show this week Harmonix.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats about as perfect of a 3 pack as you can get from any band (Poison). I will pick up the 3DD pack as well as Kryponite which I dont have.

Good Stuff!!!
Catch-22  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicromano20 wrote:
Love Love Love Poison. Like fUNC said, so cool to see Unskinny Bop in a music game instead of Every Rose Has It's Thorn again.

Both songs were previously in a game. In fact the entire Poison pack is a Guitar Hero repeat (80s, 3, WoW).
JLucas4092  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I was REALLY hoping "Unskinny Bop" would get the pro upgrade, but that's ok.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catch-22 wrote:
Vicromano20 wrote:

Both songs were previously in a game. In fact the entire Poison pack is a Guitar Hero repeat (80s, 3, WoW).

80's and 3 were guitar/bass only (though I know that TDTM was playable in WoR as well), and I haven't played a GH game since Metallica, so the upgrade is worth it to me.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three Poison songs we've already had and that sound as though they don't have very interesting drum parts (couldn't care less about vocals, personally, although I'm sure there are plenty of vocalists who are going to have a field day with this pack) and a 3 Doors Down pack that just so happens to have a song we've already had in a full band game (coupled with two rather average songs in my book). Oh for joy. ._.

I'm happy by proxy for all the people who wanted Poison, as well as the presumably much smaller group who are going to like the 3DD songs, but "meh" is probably the closest to a positive reaction I can personally have for this DLC.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Geeoff  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think the new 3 Doors Down song sounds just like the Growing Pains theme song?
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. Still waiting for SoaD. :c

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonder if i get a lynch mob after me for saying this but...

meh

/hides

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, consider me a fan of this week. Like others have said, the Poison pack is pretty much perfect. While I also would have liked to see "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," it's the one I cared about the least out of the 4. "Unskinny Bop" was surprisingly fun in GH, but I knew it wasn't as popular, so I was actually surprised to see it too. Otherwise, I felt as if the other two were a given (Good Time seemed like the obvious pro upgrade choice).

3DD pack is cool too. These seem like the kind of songs I would personally have fun voxtaring, so that's probably what I'll try first. I don't really know the new song well though, so I'll have to see if that's good before getting the pack.

Edit: Also, after this, it looks like we'll have 26/48 GH:Smash Hits songs! What's interesting to me though is that every song from that game that has come out either on the RB3 disc or afterwards has had a Pro upgrade. Those songs are:

Caught in a Mosh
Beast and the Harlot
Smoke on the Water
Through the Fire and Flames
I Love Rock N' Roll
Rock N' Roll All Nite
Free Bird
Bark at the Moon
Nothin' But a Good Time
Killer Queen
No One Knows

Also, two of the songs (More Than a Feeling and Monkey Wrench) received legacy Pro upgrades, three if The Trooper pans out, and four if you want to count legacy Killer Queen. Personally, I hope this trend keeps going. I know these all happen to be some of the biggest songs from these bands, so it is likely a coincidence, but it'd be cool to be able to play almost all of Guitar Hero's best songs with a real guitar.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]

Last edited by hiddenzombie013 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love love love Poison. I'm disappointed that Every Rose didn't make the cut (would have loved to learn that solo on Protar) but those 3 and Every Rose are my 4 favourite Poison songs so I was always gonna be disappointed.

also, NOTHIN BUT A GOOD TIME PRO GUITAR YES YES YES

The 3DD songs will require a listen, WIG was on Band Hero and was alright, not really a song I'd buy twice but we'll see. Would rather see a Kryptonite pro upgrade.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, the Poison pack is excellent... Three Doors Down I can take or leave.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
wonder if i get a lynch mob after me for saying this but...

meh

/hides

Are you seriously ever happy about ANY DLC?

On topic...WOOO UNSKINNY BOP!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: