FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
pro keys medium rivalry! BowlZ in lead
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: pro keys medium rivalry! BowlZ in lead Reply with quote

Participants:
Code:

Name..................played...........5*........4*........FC........Score

BowlZ....................13............13........0.........2.............1,439,096

sukergod.................8.............8.........0.........8.............332,597

Steadysphere.............4.............4.........0.........3.............165,415

thewinnerisgeeg..........2.............2.........0.........0.............213,416

A rivalry for awful pro keys players so we can learn to not be so awful. Racing first to 58 songs 5-starred. Keeping track of scores and FC's. Report your advances in the thread. No need to attach 10 pictures everyday you play here in the thread. Just upload them with your scores and inform me of anything I should update. In all honesty I'm not gonna be a stickler for pictures but they never hurt. We're all honest here. I'll try to stay on top of the updates dailyish.

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...

Last edited by BowlZ on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:28 pm; edited 17 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suck at pro keys too, so I'm up for this.

I would also prefer sort of a 1 or 2 song a week type thing. I'm not very good with 1 day deadlines lol.

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: pro keys beginner heads up rivalry, need a rival Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
Just on disc for now but I do have a slew of keys dlc that could be brought into the mix afterwards.
I usually play DLC rather than on-disc, so yea...If this rivalry we're to continue, DLC would most definitely be needed later on. Just giving ya a heads up, DLC would be very essential since 63 songs gets boring after awhile! I play on expert and nothing lower btw, so you can count me out if you want unless expert would be accepted.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: pro keys beginner heads up rivalry, need a rival Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
I play on expert and nothing lower btw, so you can count me out if you want unless expert would be accepted.

This seems more like a rivalry to develop PKey skills, so if you can play on Expert, you probably don't need in on this.

Me, on the other hand, is fucking terrible at keyboards, and needs to get out the habit of using two hands. So yeah, I'm down for this

Though in a few weeks I'll be on holiday for a few days, so I won't be able to do anything then. Otherwise, I'm basically done with school for 10 or so weeks, so I can fully participate.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: pro keys beginner heads up rivalry, need a rival Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
BowlZ wrote:
Just on disc for now but I do have a slew of keys dlc that could be brought into the mix afterwards.
I usually play DLC rather than on-disc, so yea...If this rivalry we're to continue, DLC would most definitely be needed later on. Just giving ya a heads up, DLC would be very essential since 63 songs gets boring after awhile! I play on expert and nothing lower btw, so you can count me out if you want unless expert would be accepted.

You don't count, 25 or 6 to 4 FC club <___<

Anyways, I would be interested in this. I have been wanting to kick my pro mode learning into gear, but never had a reason to, so this should be great I can barely 4* anything on medium,

Stays in my signature until another Rush album comes out as DLC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol well I may be just the sort of partner you are looking for since your OP sounds like I could have written it myself. I played piano for 20 years and can't play squat on pro-keys because I can't get past the visual aspect of it. I've done okay on standard keys (on hard) but pro is just another animal entirely. Messes with my head. Honestly don't even know if I've completed one single song :S

I don't have tons of time for a standard-styled rivalry but I still play regularly and could do something more open-ended. I would also want to start slow, preferably on medium. If I'm reading you correctly, both fit with what you're looking to do.

Joe's been trying to get me to play pro (he has more faith in me than I do) so this would be a good reason to give it a go. Haven't been able to motivate myself to start.

Could be like the old days we haven't competed in ages.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: pro keys beginner heads up rivalry, need a rival Reply with quote

RushJunkie3 wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:
BowlZ wrote:

You don't count, 25 or 6 to 4 FC club <___<

Anyways, I would be interested in this. I have been wanting to kick my pro mode learning into gear, but never had a reason to, so this should be great I can barely 4* anything on medium,
That's like 1 out of 5 PRO-key FCs I own, so yea >___>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the responses I'm seeing. The rivalry I'm proposing will be run along the same lines as Kawigis drum rivalry he had a while back. We'll be rocking medium pro keys and do a first to "blank" rivalry as opposed to weekly submissions. I'm cool with involving everyone who posted, although gabe, I think you will be a bit advanced for the group. Expert probably wouldn't be too bad on teir one but by tier 3 I'll be spamming away. I can barely 5 star std keys on expert and you're FCing the setlist. RJ, Rush, Steady, and geeg however i think will round this out pretty well. a group of 5 leaves room for someone to fall off and not effect the whole group.

Discussion will turn to what the finish line will be. 75 or 80 5-stars maybe? I kinda wanna stay away from FC's, I would however keep tally of them in the OP. What do the rest of you think?

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. I'm pretty sure there are only 63 setlist songs with keys parts though so unless you are talking of adding in dlc right from the start you might want to adjust the goal. I have some newer dlc with keys but not a ton so would depend on the songs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm a little advanced for the group (already have over 80 stars on expert pro keys), but wanted to say good luck to all who enter!

If you every decide to hold a goal list like the drum rivalry (with different tiers), I'd probably be interested. Nothing with a particular time limit due to periods of inactivity followed by quick flurries but with goals set for every level.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitly did not take that into account. I think an even 58 would be good - thats gives everyone 5 songs to work around while still hitting 90%+ of the setlist

thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so what are we doing for this rivalry? I think x stars a week on medium would be good. Maybe 30? And then we can move to hard.

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewinnerisgeeg wrote:
Ok so what are we doing for this rivalry? I think x stars a week on medium would be good. Maybe 30? And then we can move to hard.

it isnt gonna be weekly. Its just first to whatever # we agree upon. No time frame. I propose we keep going until we have a 1st through 5th

RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one am not in any hurry to jump to hard. I'd like to feel somewhat competent and comfortable before moving on and I think being able to 5 star everything would build a good skills foundation. The jump from medium to hard is pretty big.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
thewinnerisgeeg wrote:

it isnt gonna be weekly. Its just first to whatever # we agree upon. No time frame. I propose we keep going until we have a 1st through 5th

Ok, well I did some math and I think 200 would be a good number if we're just doing on disc. And then we can raise the number and continue from there.

im a girl now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: