FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Last Songs to Finish Hard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Last Songs to Finish Hard Reply with quote

Blarg. I've been working my way through RB3 on Hard keys for about a month, but these last few songs consistently hand my ass to me without remorse.

I'm actually doing alright on BoRhap, I just need to get the shifts and "I See a little..." section down.

Free Bird. Ugh, god. I can get through the opening, but once the solo starts up, I just can't handle all of the different patterns at that speed for more than a minute.

Llama isn't the worst, but it's gonna depend on me getting OD for the chaos after Organ solo 2.

And obviously Roundabout. I've only attempted this once, but my god. I'm just gonna come back to this one once I've slogged through a good chunk of Expert.

Any advice for these demons of difficulty? I have no piano experience and play with two hands, if it matters.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
SadDayMonster  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few thoughts:

1) Do not feel obligated to "finish" all songs on Hard before moving on to Expert. I can 3 star 50 of the songs on Expert, but three of the songs you list I still can't do on Hard. That's generally how the difficulty in the game works, with some harder songs being harder on a lower difficultly than easier songs on higher difficulties. Skipping around will give you a much smoother difficulty curve.

2) If you're actually trying to learn the keyboard or piano, force yourself to use one hand. In nearly all songs it is only the right hand part, and all 63 disc songs are possible with just one hand.

3) Use the "Learn A Song" option to learn the songs piece by piece, starting at 60% speed and working your way up to full speed by 5% increments if necessary. "Learn A Song" is kind of tucked away, but can be accessed from the main menu-- it is way, way, way better than the regular "Practice" mode.

4) Play with No Fail Mode enabled. It makes the songs much, much, much easier to learn, as you can actually play through the repetitive sections doing your best and making progress rather than failing out for missing a few chords.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: