FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/21 DLC: Maroon 5, Puddle Of Mudd, Otep
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twistedoak wrote:
You can filter according to family friendly, and parental guidance needed?

Yes, but as far as the game is concerned:
Family Friendly = "E" / "E10" Rated
Parental Guidance Needed = "T" Rated

What it all boils down to is that even if they were completely within their legal rights to release "M" Rated content, it wouldn't be worth it. They'd get sued for it by some fanatic, and even though the lawsuit would be pointless, would still be required to waste the time and resources to deal with it.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
Icemage wrote:
Quote:
How does the ESRB rate downloadable video game content?
Downloadable content (DLC) may be downloaded and installed directly onto a player's system. Oftentimes, DLC consists of additional content that supplements an existing, previously-rated product. DLC that will be appended to an existing, previously-rated product need only be submitted to ESRB for rating if its content exceeds that which is in the existing "core" product. Otherwise, the rating assigned to the core product is applicable to the DLC as well. Where, however, DLC content exceeds the rating assigned to the core product, it must be submitted to ESRB and a different rating will be associated with this DLC.

Emphasis mine.

Re-Emphasis mine. Not that I don't agree with you for the most part, HMX COULD release M-rated DLC if they so pleased... but I doubt they want to add the extra hurdle of re-submitting the songs to the ESRB just so you can say "FUCK" in a Puddle of Mudd song. That, combined with what you already said about PR fallout, mom's complaining, etc. is probably why they avoid it. Additionally, RB has a pretty good reputation of being for all ages ( even with a T-rating ) which M-rated DLC could tarnish at live events. ESRB doesn't prevent HMX from putting out M-rated DLC, but it does provide another roadblock whenever they want to do it.

Oh, absolutely.

Also, it's worth noting that getting any content rated by the ESRB costs money, so that's another consideration.
tedward  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was there a tweet on the other pack of songs to go with maroon 5 and puddle of mud?
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tedward wrote:
was there a tweet on the other pack of songs to go with maroon 5 and puddle of mud?

Um. Puddle of Mudd is the other pack. Just two 3-packs coming out next week, nothing else.
nextlevel88  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:

Having F-bombs dropped like megaton firecrackers into the middle of a bar where everyone's drinking probably isn't an issue. Having them dropped into a birthday party for a 10-year old? That's a PR disaster just waiting to happen.

While what you're saying is true, it's hard not to point out the irony that it's ok for those 10-year-olds to sing about how they "like getting chained to the bed" and "having their ass smacked".

I know it's not relevant to the songs themselves and more so a commentary on censorship in general, but it's hilarious that you can't use a certain word, even when it's being used as an adjective for emphasis and has nothing to do with the sex act it's synonymous with, yet -in another song- you can vividly describe that sex act while putting a BDSM twist on it, and that's perfectly acceptable…

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextlevel88 wrote:
Icemage wrote:

Having F-bombs dropped like megaton firecrackers into the middle of a bar where everyone's drinking probably isn't an issue. Having them dropped into a birthday party for a 10-year old? That's a PR disaster just waiting to happen.

While what you're saying is true, it's hard not to point out the irony that it's ok for those 10-year-olds to sing about how they "like getting chained to the bed" and "having their ass smacked".

I know it's not relevant to the songs themselves and more so a commentary on censorship in general, but it's hilarious that you can't use a certain word, even when it's being used as an adjective for emphasis and has nothing to do with the sex act it's synonymous with, yet -in another song- you can vividly describe that sex act while putting a BDSM twist on it, and that's perfectly acceptable…

Ass will get censored come Tuesday. Count on it. He uses it too explicitly and far too many times for it to fly under the radar.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
JackFr  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO this is the worst DLC week yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
Ass will get censored come Tuesday. Count on it. He uses it too explicitly and far too many times for it to fly under the radar.

I give it 50/50. "She Goes Down" wasn't censored, after all, because there was no way to prove that they weren't, in fact, singing about the female protagonist going down to the corner store to pick up a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Likewise, who's to say that Control isn't actually about the training of an animal to race in the National Donkey Triathlon, and despite the fact the male protagonist initally approves of the hard-handed method the trainer uses on the donkey, as well as the fact that the trainer isn't afraid of getting dirty on the job, in the end he realizes that the donkey deserves better and the trainer isn't the one for him?

It's actually a deep, philosophical song approved by the ASPCA. Or that'll be their story if it sneaks by uncensored.
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only recognised This Love by name, but I knew Won't Go Home Without You as soon as I heard it. THat's all I'll be getting this week. I just invested in the three country packs so this is a welcome break for my wallet, what with Zelda 3D coming out this weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Methinks they didn't Protar Blurry because they didn't want to chart that many faux-harmonics :-P

I kinda like this week. Though I do wish their pro choices were a little different.
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackFr wrote:

Oh boy, it's a superlative! I wonder if HMX can top themselves next week.
curbolty  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeridotWeapon wrote:
fUNC wrote:

I give it 50/50. "She Goes Down" wasn't censored, after all, because there was no way to prove that they weren't, in fact, singing about the female protagonist going down to the corner store to pick up a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Likewise, who's to say that Control isn't actually about the training of an animal to race in the National Donkey Triathlon, and despite the fact the male protagonist initally approves of the hard-handed method the trainer uses on the donkey, as well as the fact that the trainer isn't afraid of getting dirty on the job, in the end he realizes that the donkey deserves better and the trainer isn't the one for him?

It's actually a deep, philosophical song approved by the ASPCA. Or that'll be their story if it sneaks by uncensored.

Did you just quote Sesame Street and/or Electric Company (I can't remember which). that was awesome
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackFr wrote:
Even worse than that week they only released Still Alive!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
Nothing could be better than that week they only released Still Alive!

Fixed.

Also will be getting This Love at the very least. Not a big Maroon 5 fan, but I'll give the others a listen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
thespike  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
JackFr wrote:
Even worse than that week they only released Still Alive!

Not even, at least we get Protar this week.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: