FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/21 DLC: Maroon 5, Puddle Of Mudd, Otep
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blurry was an 'oh, that song' moment for me.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
· Maroon 5 – “This Love” X
· Puddle of Mudd – “Blurry”
· Puddle of Mudd – “She Hates Me” X

My picks for this week. This Love is nowhere near as good as Harder to Breathe, but at least it's well-known. Blurry I genuinely like, and She Hates Me is worth picking up because of the terrible-and-proud-of-it lyrics and music video.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
mav1  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
· Maroon 5 – “Misery”
· Maroon 5 – “This Love” X
· Maroon 5 – “Won’t Go Home Without You”
· Puddle of Mudd – “Blurry”
· Puddle of Mudd – “Control”
· Puddle of Mudd – “She Hates Me” X

Teh puddle of mudd

The puddle of waste
Sully  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder when I'll go completely numb and stop checking the DLC announcements altogether.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andromeda was enough for me 8^)
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, everyone can "oh that song" to Blurry since it was overplayed to hell and back on every modern rock station when it released. I dunno. I'll await judgment on any of these until I see the charts; I'm not a huge fan of Maroon 5 (nor do I hate them, though) and I don't know either of the other two Puddle of Mudd songs, so I'll have to wait and see.

Seriously though, when are we getting some Streetlight Manifesto? >______>
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:

YES. Just more ska in general.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Waiting for RockBandAide to load after reading the text alert that woke me up and said Puddle of Mudd pack*

plzplzhavecontrolblurryandshehatesmeplzplz

YESSSSSSSSSS

Perfect picks Harmonix. Thought for sure we'd get Psycho or Spaceship which I don't really like, Come Clean was the only album I really liked from them. Was just going to chart She Hates me the other day too lol.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Maroon 5's first album but I haven't heard much else, and I already have This Love in Guitar Hero so I'll pass this week. Puddle of Mudd I've only heard a couple songs before, but nothing to make me too excited for Rock Band. Good bands, though.

At least you can't say there's no variety. Considering we had A7X and have got SOAD and Soundgarden coming up, there is plenty to go around for all instruments.

Though admittedly a weird part of me feels happy when ScoreHero hates the DLC; I must be a bad person deep inside. I find myself wishing for Cee Lo Green just to see kris's reaction (and because I've grown to like it, of course... seeing him live at ACL in September). Dude, if I knew you IRL I'd troll you so hard and play pop music as much as possible. lol, it's just too easy

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Geeoff  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that we get a Puddle of Mudd pack before a Limp Bizkit pack, considering Fred Durst put Puddle of Mudd on the map.

Sure Fred Durst is one of music's all-time great assholes and sure Limp Bizkit's music is fundamentally terrible but I used to bump Chocolate Starfish back in the day. I would buy the hell out of a pack of Limp Bizkit's greatest hits.

(I am aware we got an obscure random single a long ass fucking time ago)

Anyway, I will pick up this Puddle of Mudd pack eventually. I won't touch Maroon 5 with a 10-foot pole.
stumper93  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She Hates Me....such a classic back when I was young. Felt so badass knowing all the words at age 9.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And She Hates Me is one of those songs that I would buy the fuck out of...if it was uncensored. Bah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft-Vbf2kOTA

this1neguy wrote:

Couple this with some more goddamn RX Bandits and I'm set for weeks.

GuitarHailz wrote:
Though admittedly a weird part of me feels happy when ScoreHero hates the DLC; I must be a bad person deep inside. I find myself wishing for Cee Lo Green just to see kris's reaction (and because I've grown to like it, of course... seeing him live at ACL in September). Dude, if I knew you IRL I'd troll you so hard and play pop music as much as possible. lol, it's just too easy

The ironic thing is that I wouldn't mind some Cee Lo (not to mention the aforementioned Christina Aguilera to complete this alleged Voice trifecta), because Fuck You is a decent and catchy (and yet soooooo overplayed) song. I think I actually heard that song before most of the people in my dorm did, and I played it a couple times because I liked it. Everyone was like "What the fuck is this?" And I said "Some dude named Cee Lo Green." And then five months later, these same people ask me if I've listened to Cee Lo Green, and then question why he's not my favorite artist of all time. The irony of the mainstreamers is ridiculous.

But you're right, trolling me with pop music is really quite simple. I've been enjoying this summer because I'm virtually alone (and the YMCA here plays Classic Rock and Oldies, not shitty bro music like the one in Green Bay...I don't have earbuds), so I can not only avoid most of this stuff, but blast whatever I want without some troll prissy-priss goody two-shoes RA writing me up for violating some nonexistant "two-door rule" WAY before quiet hours which, if properly enforced, would've resulted in at least 25 people being written up for it. But you know, whatever.

Icemage wrote:

Apparently no amount of well known music will make you happy. Seriously, we recently got A7X, Ozzy, and Pantera in the last month and STILL you whine about not enough metal? Give me a damn break.

I'm very hit or miss on A7X and Pantera. Most of the A7X I like was already out, and I did not like the last two songs at all. The Pantera choices were off for me as well, although I did like Mouth For War and one other song I can't remember off the top of my head. If we somehow managed to get Rise...oh man. I'll buy the whole Ozzy pack when I get enough points, but don't forget the whole "Is Ozzy hard rock or metal?" debate.

Of course, I don't care about that. If you recall, I did not whine about a lack of metal in this thread, and I only discussed it on a couple other threads because everyone ASSUMED that I was bitching about the fact that it was not metal when, in reality, I was bitching about the fact that I fucking hated the artist (Maroon 5, Bruno Mars and, to a lesser extent, Lady Gaga). HMX just happens to be putting out the poppy stuff that I hate more than the rest of the poppy stuff I don't like right now. Is it too much to ask to get some more...complex music into the game? And I don't mean "Challenging", I mean "Creative." "Innovative." And dare I say, "(significantly more) talented."

RBN is great and everything, but the music that is in it (including some of the stuff I don't like, but still respect the hell out of for at least trying to do something different) doesn't get the full exposure it deserves. People are too content listening to what essentially amounts to background noise to look around and find some truly eye-opening and mindblowing stuff.

the tl;dr of this entire rant is probably going to get interpreted as "You're just a music elitist. Fuck off," when what I'm actually trying to say is that I just want people to branch out more and discover what's out there.
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She Hates Me is going to suck with the vocals muting every 3 words.
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Is it too much to ask to get some more...complex music into the game? And I don't mean "Challenging", I mean "Creative." "Innovative." And dare I say, "(significantly more) talented."

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
The Pantera choices were off for me as well, although I did like Mouth For War and one other song I can't remember off the top of my head( you know, 2 of the 4 songs that came out )... I'll buy the whole Ozzy pack when I get enough points

Sounds like you GOT your music, maybe some other people deserve theirs now.

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
If you recall, I did not whine about a lack of metal in this thread

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Come on, HMX. Blind Guardian and Ayreon 12-packs. Redeem yourselves in my eyes!

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
"Is Ozzy hard rock or metal?"

Whining or not, I think you've made it very clear what you want

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, we got one of the two Maroon 5 songs I like already, now we've got the other one. So I guess I'm picking up This Love and She Hates Me this time around.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: