FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This Calling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: This Calling Reply with quote

Im just looking for some tips for This Calling by All That Remains. The highest I can get is like and a half stars and I'm shooting for 5.

The parts that give me are the most trouble are:
1) The quick fill rolls (like red then blue). I usually miss 1 of the blues i think or sometimes just fail totally but i always break combo.
2) the pattern that it ends with like high-hat and bass then high hat and snare continuously which i usually drop into the red for (hate these patterns but the onew with constand bass at the beginning is fine).
3) the blue roll i can never keep combo on the highest i usually get is a 2x multiplier, but for the most part its no combo
4) any groups of three bass pedal that end with blue and green at the same time i miss these frequent enough and i dont know why cause i usually hit them fine.

OD is pretty good i never idk if burn's the right word, i never get more than 4 at a time and typically activate at a high combo and i usually dont drop it much. Though imsure i miss at least a few od phrases.

Any tips in general or at all would be helpful, path ideas, suggestions for hard sections, et cetera would be appreciated.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Deathwish91  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: This Calling Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:
Im just looking for some tips for This Calling by All That Remains. The highest I can get is like and a half stars and I'm shooting for 5.

The parts that give me are the most trouble are:
1) The quick fill rolls (like red then blue). I usually miss 1 of the blues i think or sometimes just fail totally but i always break combo.
2) the pattern that it ends with like high-hat and bass then high hat and snare continuously which i usually drop into the red for (hate these patterns but the onew with constand bass at the beginning is fine).
3) the blue roll i can never keep combo on the highest i usually get is a 2x multiplier, but for the most part its no combo
4) any groups of three bass pedal that end with blue and green at the same time i miss these frequent enough and i dont know why cause i usually hit them fine.

OD is pretty good i never idk if burn's the right word, i never get more than 4 at a time and typically activate at a high combo and i usually dont drop it much. Though imsure i miss at least a few od phrases.

Any tips in general or at all would be helpful, path ideas, suggestions for hard sections, et cetera would be appreciated.

Ok, let's see what we've got here...

When I played, I had a lot of trouble with this as well. You're missing one of the blues with your offhand. It can be pretty hard to make the transition from red to blue if you have the pads that are far apart.

Best advice I can give you is to really practice on slower speeds. 80% should be good. Remember to SLOW DOWN. Really concentrate on your weak hand making GOOD contact with the blue pad. If you make bad contact, you'll feel it. It'll feel like your dominant hand will hit almost as your offhand hits. You body can tell that you missed but your mind will think, "No way, I hit that!". In short: concentrate, good contact (for good rebound), slower speeds.

This is a standard thrash beat. You want to keep time with the high-hat + bass. It's a visual thing. If you get offbeat, look for one of those notes. Again, just use slower speeds to get used to it, try other songs with the same pattern (BBF if you have it). Also, consider using flying fingers or moeller technique (look for it on youtube).

The roll itself is (if I remember correctly) about 14.6 nps. Pretty fast roll for a pretty long time. You need a pretty good blue pad to fc the section. Anyway, take the song into practice mode. If you have rb2, you can very easily see white "beat" lines (I forget if that's the right term). Time every right hit with the blue notes that appear on those lines. Really hit hard with your dominant hand on those specific notes. Back when I played, I would make sure that I was striking downward so as to get the best rebound possible. Try this with slower speeds (70%-80%).

Cheat with the engine a little. Double the first two bass notes and then think of the last one as an "extra" note with BGO. It's all a mental thing. Try painkiller to get the feel of them triple bass notes.

That's all I've got. Based on how the rb community has gotten better in later years, I'm going to guess that you'll get gold by the end of the week .

7:49 sokushi: the Guitarist is a chick
7:49 LEEMcBAM: I like chicks 8)
7:49 IAmTehWalrus: how do you know?
7:49 sokushi: she keeps missing
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: This Calling Reply with quote

1: im 92.3% sure i know what ur talking about but when i take it into practice tomorrow if i dont know im sure ill figure it out by the end of all the practice or at least be consistent with the rolls. thanks

2: ill look up the techniques and lol yeah i usually try to catch in with the snare xD. ill get consistent with the high-hat bass and make sure my yellow and bass hit at the same time.

3: i have a standard rb2 kit so at least the blue pads not bad (i think). i dont have rb2, but ill still practice it. and thanks for the downaward advice, i understand what you mean.

4: dont have painkiller, but solid advice none-the-less thanks brochacho.

Lol i wish i could get gold unfortunately I'm a horribad drummer, outside that rb community group your thinking of xD. but i will try to get gold so your guess is right, ill settle down for 5 stars though. So by close of saturday hold me accountable for 5 stars.

thanks again

Xepher850  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: This Calling Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:
1: im 92.3% sure i know what ur talking about but when i take it into practice tomorrow if i dont know im sure ill figure it out by the end of all the practice or at least be consistent with the rolls. thanks

2: ill look up the techniques and lol yeah i usually try to catch in with the snare xD. ill get consistent with the high-hat bass and make sure my yellow and bass hit at the same time.

3: i have a standard rb2 kit so at least the blue pads not bad (i think). i dont have rb2, but ill still practice it. and thanks for the downaward advice, i understand what you mean.

Lol i wish i could get gold unfortunately I'm a horribad drummer, outside that rb community group your thinking of xD. but i will try to get gold so your guess is right, ill settle down for 5 stars though. So by close of saturday hold me accountable for 5 stars.

thanks again

lol if you have RB2, you have Painkiller

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: This Calling Reply with quote

Xepher850 wrote:
CyberRaiza wrote:

3: i have a standard rb2 kit so at least the blue pads not bad (i think). [b]i dont have rb2[b], but ill still practice it. and thanks for the downaward advice, i understand what you mean.

thanks again

Ahem. He does not have RB2.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: This Calling Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Xepher850 wrote:

Ahem. He does not have RB2.

Lol, thanks bclare i could pay 10 dollars to import the songs and get painkiller but i dont have money now so i donjt have it in the game library to play.

so, i took the parts into practice till i could get 90% on everything that troubled me at least once on full speed (after building up from lowerr speeds). then i played the actual song once and i got like 10,000 k closer i could only get one run in but progress is clear. in practice i actually could semi-consistently get 4x multiplier on the blue roll section and the thrash beat. the three bass pedal notes then flam at the end is no prob. im still flabbing the four red then four blue part a lot but its gotten better, i think ive started going to fast so ill just keep working on that and get it better

expect 5 stars soon

Deathwish91  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looks like my work is done here .

7:49 sokushi: the Guitarist is a chick
7:49 LEEMcBAM: I like chicks 8)
7:49 IAmTehWalrus: how do you know?
7:49 sokushi: she keeps missing
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda failed to get 5 stars on this calling partly due to a busy week and partly due to the fact that I can't really play This Calling more than once or twice before I start to definitely get tired and do a lot worse

For some reason I can get a 4 times combo and barely miss during the long blue roll in practice but when it comes in the song I seldom get a 2x combo.

Im also still having trouble with the blue and red rolls (4 then 4). I've tried slowing down or speeding up a little bit but it's wierd. There are times where I'll miss the first blue but usually i dont. sometimes ill miss the 4th red or 4th blue or one in the middle or first red. It's weird.

The thrash beat is getting a lot better. Sometimes I totally drop it but not nearly as much as I used to and I can 4x a lot of the time.

The three bass pedal hits are good.

The only other part I feel I could tlak about is the one towards the beginning where you're doing fast groups of two bass hits I usually don't keep combo all the way through.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: