FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3 consecutive bass drum hits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mosho  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: 3 consecutive bass drum hits Reply with quote

like in "message in a bottle" or "get free". Just the basic thing. I play the bass heel down and this is a crapshoot for me. I just can't do it consistently, no matter how much I practice. I can do a heel toe followed by another hit pretty well, but I want to get the speed down for more bass notes down the road. Should I try using heel up? or is there something I'm maybe not doing correctly using heel down..

edit: just to clarify, I can normally hit the bass drums at this speed or greater, like byob or rust in peace, but just can't get my foot to hit 3 and pause.
Deathwish91  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 consecutive bass drum hits Reply with quote

Mosho wrote:
like in "message in a bottle" or "get free". Just the basic thing. I play the bass heel down and this is a crapshoot for me. I just can't do it consistently, no matter how much I practice. I can do a heel toe followed by another hit pretty well, but I want to get the speed down for more bass notes down the road. Should I try using heel up? or is there something I'm maybe not doing correctly using heel down..

edit: just to clarify, I can normally hit the bass drums at this speed or greater, like byob or rust in peace, but just can't get my foot to hit 3 and pause.

Play heel up
Play Painkiller every day for a week straight
*Magic Happens*
Triple bass hits errday .

Terrible advice haha. Seriously dude, those triple kicks simply take a LONG time to learn. At least for me. Just keep playing/practicing with songs that have them triple kicks. There is a certain rhythm to it that is tricky to get. Some get it easier than others.

As for real advice. (When doing heel up) Concentrate on lifting your leg up to the same height each time. Biggest problem I think is that your leg probably seizes up around the second or third hit amirite? It helps if your quads are really loose. Try some stretching before playing .

7:49 sokushi: the Guitarist is a chick
7:49 LEEMcBAM: I like chicks 8)
7:49 IAmTehWalrus: how do you know?
7:49 sokushi: she keeps missing
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think heel up is a way to cut a corner than doesnt really pay off in the long run, its harder to control or go real fast with. It can be tiring at first but heel toe pays off down the line. The best advice I can give is keep your heel on the ground but don't stomp or put a lot of weight on your bass leg. Keep it light and bouncy and that allows for less stress. Endurance comes with repitition.

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use to have that same problem. i couldnt hit them consistently. I found my problem actually was that i would tense up. keep your leg loose and dont force the peddle down. It could also be a leg endurance issue in which case, the only answer is to build up endurance.

the best way to do that is not to play just triple kick songs like painkiller, but play songs with fast constant bass like inside the fire or are you dead yet. remember if you're sore after, you are doing it right.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Mosho  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been playing since RB3 so no RB2 yet, but I just ordered it yesterday for painkiller and panic attack.

Thanks for the tips I'll get to work then
DPooch  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaceman by The Killers does a lot of this, if you wouldn't mind picking it up.
Chart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9-u05Pr8XE
However, the kicks go along with the yellow drum hits, which is totally different than in Painkiller (where there's only one hit between the double hits, but three kicks).

If not, it just takes practice. I used to not be able to do this consistently by just sheer lack of endurance since it's repetitive, but I can just about FC Spaceman. Painkiller is probably still out for me though, but I'm working on it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: