FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How long have you guys been playing/drumming?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mosho  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: How long have you guys been playing/drumming? Reply with quote

Hi I started playing the drums (both on RB and "irl") 6 or 7 months ago IIRC, got to expert on pro drums fairly fast I think, and just wanted to know where I'm standing... when will it be my turn to FC hard songs? There are plenty of songs I can do 99% and if I split them to 1/4s I can do it 100% but I choke alot when I realize I finished half a song without making a mistake.

Right now I'm working on "Can I play with madness" and "Wasted Years".
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing for about a year, I've FCed songs like Everybody Wants To Rule The World, Inside The Fire, and I have a few -1s on Don't Fear The Reaper.

And as I remember, "Wasted Years" is pretty hard, you might want to start out with something a bit easier.
Mosho  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried EWTRTW, what a test of willpower lol! I can't get the fast bass parts in inside the fire The best I did 100% is Devil's Child by Judas Priest I think.

Thanks
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, don't worry about when it's "your turn to FC songs." I know I sound dumb put honestly the key is just practice. I don't play real drums and I have been playing RB drums for 3 years now and I'd say I've made some good progress. You just have to keep working at it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will

How much do you practice daily? looks like you did remarkably for 3 years!
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say definitely a few hours each day, but usually more

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing RB drums for about 2 - 2 1/2 years, and I think I'm doing alright for having no real drums experience. In my opinion, the more you worry about FCs, the less you're gonna get and the harder they'll be. :tooth:
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing since RB1 came out (3.5 years) although in the last 8 months I've been mostly on keys and protar. I plateaued lower than a lot of these guys and got to the point where I could GS about 60% of the songs I owned (I bought all the hard stuff and skipped a lot of easier stuff so my "true" GS ability for RBDLC was probably about 70-75%). Pro is harder for me so my GS rate will probably stay at 50% if I'm lucky. I used to play 2-3 hours a day most days although now it's more sporadic.

Anyway just keep playing as long as you're having fun, and always try to take on new challenges as you master your current level, and eventually you'll get to whatever level your talent and dedication allow. You may also want to consider lessons at some point since many of the top drummers actually, you know, play drums . Good luck!
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I've been playing since Rockband 1 came out, and on RB my best drum FC is probably Say it Ain't So lol.
On GH I FC'd Deadbolt which isn't that hard, I'm just terrible at fcing things.

MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
well I've been playing since Rockband 1 came out, and on RB my best drum FC is probably Charlene lol.

fixed for me
Nintendorkhero  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing since January of 2010, I believe. About a year and a half. Still use the RB2 stock kit I started with. I started on medium, but was up to expert in probably about a month. So far, my greatest accomplishment is probably FC'ing Rock and Roll Band, by Boston.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input

Would you guys say that it's better to keep pushing forward and getting GS and then going back to relatively easier things (like, GS ride the lightning then going back to tribute for an FC, for example) or work on FCing first?
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing RB drums sporadically when going over to my uncle's, playing on Medium, but I started playing fully at about October 2008, a month after Rock Band 2 was released, as it was my big birthday present. I remember using songs such as Aqualung, Enter Sandman, and The Trees to gain my bearings on how to play (when I had full access to my drums, I started playing Expert almost immediately). A few months later, I GSed Painkiller, and a few weeks after that, I had my first FC choke of it. It wouldn't be until seven months of on-and-off practice and 20+ chokes later that I FC it. xD

I didn't start going for a bunch of FCs until less than a year after starting, simply because I wasn't too confident about my abilities and because I was playing in the front room, but after taking my game stuff into my bedroom, I had more time to challenge myself.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played percussion for 6 years total, and before I played Rock Band I played drumset for 2 years. Then in my high school junior year, every day I would practice hitting eighth notes at approximately 300 BPM for about half a year in one of my band classes for about 30 minutes everyday because they didn't have anything for me to do at the time. This is how I got my chops off. Once I played drums for a certain amount of time, I started building on vocals (because I already knew how to play bass and guitar, so I just improved on those instruments).

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
uSound  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing RB drums since RB1, and I picked up real drums about when TB:RB came out. FCs never really mattered to me until I was actively using SH and I realized that I could sort of hold my own. Try to make it about what you can do over what hard songs your peers have done. Things will come to you in due time. I remember back in RB1 days, I could only 3* Run to the Hills. I told myself that a 5* was never possible for me, but these days, with a good run I can GS it. Every time you play, you get better. Sometimes it's tough to see, but it's true. (This ended up being more motivational for me too )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: