FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Same songs across various games...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C0NTR4l34ND  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Same songs across various games... Reply with quote

I've read differing responses on this matter, mostly in FGFC discussions.

If I import my RB2 songs to RB3, will I need to replay everything for scorehero, or am i allowed to enter my RB2 scores?

Similarly, what about RB1 into RB2 or 3?

I gather that you can't use RB2 DLC scores in RB1 tracking due to the change in the engine, but is RB3 different from RB2?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB3 has unison bonuses in solo play, so I'd say no.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Same songs across various games... Reply with quote

C0NTR4l34ND wrote:
I've read differing responses on this matter, mostly in FGFC discussions.

If I import my RB2 songs to RB3, will I need to replay everything for scorehero, or am i allowed to enter my RB2 scores?

I'm not sure why you bring up FGFC discussions, but you may only enter scores into ScoreHero under the game that was played. For a song like Highway Star that was in RB1 and then exported, we have an entry under each game for it. If you play Highway Star using your RB3 game disc, you enter the score under RB3.
C0NTR4l34ND  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because people I think were wondering if FC'ing a Green Day song in RB3 counted towards FGFCing Green Day Rock Band.

Which is why I wondered if the scores counted as the same.

Thanks for the responses guys.
Looks like I have to replay everything

That frown doesn't last for long when I realize that playing that much Rock Band 3 is a blessing, not a chore. hehe

\m/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C0NTR4l34ND wrote:
Because people I think were wondering if FC'ing a Green Day song in RB3 counted towards FGFCing Green Day Rock Band.

Which is why I wondered if the scores counted as the same.

For score submission, you have to play everything in the exact game. So if you had a "FGFC" that was a mix of disc and imports, your scores as entered on SH would be spread across all the games on which you played those songs, instead of all being under the same game.

For claiming you have a FGFC/FSFC in threads, there have been long and annoying flame wars about this. My impression is that disc FGFCs are generally held in higher regard than import FGFCs for various reasons (on guitar/bass, strumming songs are harder to FC in earlier games, vocals were toughest in RB1, and on drums the presence of unison OD in RB3 makes it possible to skip more of the song).

Personally I think you should do things how they matter to you. The best way to avoid complaints would be to list in your accomplishments wherever you have the FGFC, what was done on disc and what was done with imports. That way people don't get bent out of shape based on what label you are claiming, because your topic lists explicitly what you have done and you aren't claiming any more or less than that.
C0NTR4l34ND  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally the FCGC doesn't apply to me unless I'm playing on easy or medium... haha.

But it still made me think. I just didn't want to wrongfully post scores and screw things up. Even though I'm not the type to top any leaderboards. But still.

Thanks though, this clarifies everything for me. I haven't been the most active in this community but I'm starting to come back more often to update scores and whatnot...

This site got me to play the hell out of the old Guitar Hero games back in the day (not that back in the day was that long ago, it just feels like it) so I thought it'd be nice to come back and revitalize my interest in the Rock Band series :p

thanks again

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C0NTR4l34ND wrote:
Thanks though, this clarifies everything for me. I haven't been the most active in this community but I'm starting to come back more often to update scores and whatnot...

Wow, I just noticed you originally joined in 2006. Nice to have you back!
C0NTR4l34ND  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be back. Loved this site from day one... I just hope they will be able to come up with ways to revamp it to make it more user friendly. The RB song input screens are getting a bit ridiculous :p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: