FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/14 DLC: Avenged Sevenfold, A-ha, Chumbawamba!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tubthumping + Take On Me =

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
isaacindahouse  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang. i was almost positive the "fan-favorite" was gunna be a little piece of heaven.... and i personally wouldve liked to see danger line rather than welcome to the family, but i dont mind i guess

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: isaacindahouse1
gwakamoley  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely surprised by all the A7X hate coming from Scorehero of all places, considering we all know the songs are gonna be extremely fun to play. But opinions will be opinions.

Probably gonna get all the songs this week, Tubthumper ftw.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isaacindahouse wrote:
dang. i was almost positive the "fan-favorite" was gunna be a little piece of heaven.... and i personally wouldve liked to see danger line rather than welcome to the family, but i dont mind i guess

I don't know if Harmonix would let that fly. No real precedent set on necrophelia though, so who knows.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwakamoley wrote:
Definitely surprised by all the A7X hate coming from Scorehero of all places, considering we all know the songs are gonna be extremely fun to play. But opinions will be opinions.

I am rather selective with A7X. I just do not like these two songs. I've enjoyed all the songs on Rock Band, but I don't think I can enjoy these two.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Avenged Sevenfold are one of the perfect examples of differing opinions among RB players. Some people despise then, some people only like a few songs (shove me into that category), some people really like them and express disappointment with the song choices and some people end up drooling on any topic that mentions them.

I know it happens with a lot of bands but it always happens with Avenged Sevenfold to a massive extreme. For every person drooling over Afterlife there's another one person pissing on a train track and considering it better music. It's a rare balance of opinions.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Some people despise then, some people only like a few songs (shove me into that category), some people really like them and express disappointment with the song choices and some people end up drooling on any topic that mentions them.

What about people who don't really care one way or the other for them but buy all their songs because they are always fun to play?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take On Me? Tubthumping? Yep, I'm running down to CVS tomorrow for some PS cards.

youhas  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm still kind of in a daze about Tubthumping. I mean, I'm all for it: crazy-popular party-friendly songs are always much appreciated. But is there a more "one-hit wonder, came out of nowhere, became magically ingrained in all strata of society overnight" sort of potential offering out there? (Having thought about it at some length, the answer is, of course, yes: The Macarena also came from nowhere and had even more staying power. We also might have accepted Outkast's "Hey Ya". I would be actively happy to purchase either of those for my Rock Band library as well.)

I'm also enthused about "Take On Me", of course. I've loved singing that song at karaoke nights and in myriad other singing games; I'm ecstatic that it's finally making its way into Rock Band, letting folks show off their four octaves of range in yet-still-another venue. (This is the part of the post where someone with actual knowledge corrects me, and lets me know how many octaves are actually spanned by the a-ha lead singer in that song.) And Live is not at the top of my Cool Nineties Alternarock Artists Who Have Yet To Show In The Game queue, but is clearly part of that general pool; anything that gives me more hope that the 311 / Cake / Everclear wing of the music world will eventually surface has to be more good than bad.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
I'm ecstatic that it's finally making its way into Rock Band, letting folks show off their four octaves of range in yet-still-another venue. (This is the part of the post where someone with actual knowledge corrects me, and lets me know how many octaves are actually spanned by the a-ha lead singer in that song.)

Over two and a half from A2 to E5, according to Wikipedia. (We are very lucky that Wikipedia had the info, they normally don't.)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
youhas wrote:
I'm ecstatic that it's finally making its way into Rock Band, letting folks show off their four octaves of range in yet-still-another venue. (This is the part of the post where someone with actual knowledge corrects me, and lets me know how many octaves are actually spanned by the a-ha lead singer in that song.)

Over two and a half from A2 to E5, according to Wikipedia. (We are very lucky that Wikipedia had the info, they normally don't.)

I'm actually rather surprised at that myself as well. Oh well, the more you know, I guess! Anyway, on topic of the DLC, I'm really glad to see a mixture of more "party" songs, as well as something that at least some of the more hardcore players can enjoy. Definitely a great week.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
But is there a more "one-hit wonder, came out of nowhere, became magically ingrained in all strata of society overnight" sort of potential offering out there?

They're about the best example we're ever gonna see in Rock Band, that's for sure. A lot of people don't seem to realise that they existed for well over a decade before that song and that they continue to this day, mostly because a lot of their material is all political an' whatnot and they can't seem to decide what genre they're playing at any given moment. Personally... eh, I don't think anyone's really missing out if all they know is this one song.

Also, re: Cake... we need Comfort Eagle. Like, now.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
gwakamoley wrote:

I am rather selective with A7X. I just do not like these two songs. I've enjoyed all the songs on Rock Band, but I don't think I can enjoy these two.

Completely agree with you. I would've liked Crossroads or Sidewinder instead, but Unholy Confessions isn't that bad. Also, I've noticed that we have very similar musical tastes. I like you.

As for the rest of the pack, I fucking love everything here (Especially Take On Me, would've only been more epic if we had the Reel Big Fish version).

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyWaffle wrote:
(Especially Take On Me, would've only been more epic if we had the Reel Big Fish version).

YES.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
A lot of people don't seem to realise that they existed for well over a decade before that song and that they continue to this day, mostly because a lot of their material is all political an' whatnot and they can't seem to decide what genre they're playing at any given moment. Personally... eh, I don't think anyone's really missing out if all they know is this one song.

Also, re: Cake... we need Comfort Eagle. Like, now.

I vaguely recall Chumbawamba making waves when "Tubthumping" was so widely received, where they were chastised for espousing a "you should listen to our music, even if you have to steal the CD" viewpoint - their anarchic political roots shining through, the statement being solidly in line with their philosophy.

As for Cake: I'm more of a Fashion Nugget person myself... though at this point, seeing any of the band's offerings end up in the game would be embraced with open arms.

JTHomeslice wrote:
RustyWaffle wrote:
(Especially Take On Me, would've only been more epic if we had the Reel Big Fish version).

YES.

Counterpoint: NO. I mean, I like the Reel Big Fish version, it's cool and all... but ask me "epically iconic '80s song? or commercial alternarock band doing a cover of same?" and it's a no-brainer: I'm picking the former, every time. (This also applies to songs I care less about; I'd prefer that the "real" version of 99 Luftballons get into Rock Band rather than the Bjork or Goldfinger covers, minor sacrifices to in-game playability be damned. See also: the Save Ferris cover of "Come On Eileen".)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: