FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Expert Vocalist One Stop Shop (Under new management!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anybody ever mentioned Remedy. This song is a charting nightmare in the choruses, making it pretty difficult, and a huge bitch to FC.

Stays in my signature until another Rush album comes out as DLC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
xemhanort  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:

Okay, you got a -2 on it. How many times have you hit the "No no no no" phrase?

If I practiced it for more than 5 seconds, I could very easily hit it several times...
GT: KillXemHeartily
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/xemhanort

First ever Lego Rock Band FGOMBFC!
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xemhanort wrote:
bclare wrote:

If I practiced it for more than 5 seconds, I could very easily hit it several times...

So, translated, your answer to Brian's question is zero. >_> It's usually good to study something for more than 5 seconds before you attempt to have a remotely credible opinion on it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how Fire (Ohio) got on this list and not Love Rollercoaster. Theres only a handful of FCs total of this song and took me a while to FC. I think I either sightread FCed Fire or got it second try.

Also a recent RBN song that I had more trouble with than Love Rollercoaster was City of Corruption by Amberian Dawn. Its filled with nothing but random pitches with no room to breathe. To make matters worse the pie fills really slow giving you literally almost no room for error. To make it harder Matt (Lucaspwns) pointed out that the pitches are a little out of sync with the song, making it even harder to fill the pie.

I know there are some other RBN songs with bad charting that are hard to FC but I can't think of any right now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
So, translated, your answer to Brian's question is zero. >_> It's usually good to study something for more than 5 seconds before you attempt to have a remotely credible opinion on it.

Hey look at that. It's just descending half steps and easy ascension intervals. After I realized this on the first listen-through, I have yet to miss it since. I think this now validates my opinion.

RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have Dark Lord listed as DLC, and it is RBN

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimEbaysball wrote:
Not sure how Fire (Ohio) got on this list and not Love Rollercoaster. Theres only a handful of FCs total of this song and took me a while to FC. I think I either sightread FCed Fire or got it second try.

I too sightread fc'ed Fire and didn't think it was very hard.

I took Love Rollercoaster to practice mode... I've only done this for a small handful of songs when I attempt to fc.... so I'm inclined to agree with Tim here that Love Rollercoaster is a much tougher song to fc. That and the extremely small number of 100% on the official leaderboards shows this fact. I think for three weeks I was the only 100% on the 360 leaderboards.

I have a hard time with this leaderboard, as all songs are completely subjective to the singer. I've never found Burn nor sleepwalker difficult, but I hear that many people still cannot fc these two songs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come up and see me I can hardly combo at all, IMO one of the top 15 hardest.

I had about as much trouble with The Perfect Drug as I did with March of The Pigs, so I'd say TPD should be there somewhere as well.

I dont really know why the Beatles songs are so low down the list, Especially IGAF, I thought that was one of the hardest in the series O__O. I also think Hello Goodbye is harder than IWU(SSH).

Of course this is coming from a guy who rarely plays vocals but has some decent FC's, so my opinions may differ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xemhanort wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:

Hey look at that. It's just descending half steps and easy ascension intervals. After I realized this on the first listen-through, I have yet to miss it since. I think this now validates my opinion.

*major facepalm*

The notes are as follows: B, A, D, C#, F#, Bb, Eb. So that's a descending WHOLE step, ascending fourth, descending half step (good job, you got one right), ascending fourth again, descending minor sixth (yeah that's REALLY easy), and another ascending fourth, but this one is quite different because the Bb and Eb are accidentals in the key of A.

If you found some way to consistently hit it vibrato or something like that, great for you. But your music theory is pretty bad.
And are you really trying to argue in the first place that a song that loads of people have clearly had trouble with is "easy?" Now that's just silly. This is not "breakdown of the songs that xem finds hard," so I really don't even see why you are trying to argue Bohemian is easy in the first place when almost everyone else disagrees with you.

This thread is going nowhere and is coming to be absolutely useless, I regret ever posting here. Please ignore me while I jump off this sinking ship.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
xemhanort  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
lol mad post.

Listen, I'm just offering my opinion. I'm trying to say that, sure, it's hard, but it doesn't belong in top 3. I just FCed it this morning, so I think I have the right to say that it doesn't deserve as much notoriety as, say, Burn, or something else charted stupidly.

Also, please don't ever tell me pitches again. I have very good relative pitch, and had I cared enough for one minute, I would have figured out the pitches on my own. My lack of thoroughness just shows my lack of concern at all for this dumb, pointless argument that people keep being mad about. Sure, I got my intervals wrong, since I was just trying to go off of my solfege training and it didn't work out well. Sorry, I guess? I know what I'm talking about when I make an argument, thought. As a classically trained vocalist, I don't find this song that hard in comparison to others. Take that opinion for whatever the hell it's worth. I don't care. Bitch at me in PMs if you want to bitch at me. Just leave it off of the discussion page.

RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because YOU think it is easy doesn't mean everybody else does. It's a matter of the fact that it IS a difficult song, even if certain people don't think so. I'm sure EVERYONE has had trouble with the song. Sure, I don't think it is hard at all now, but it was pretty damn difficult to FC, and took a lot more concentration, focus and time than most other song do, which is why it belongs so high.

Your opinion =/= the community.

xemhanort  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, remember when this thread was about vocal songs, and not about bashing me for having an opinion? I can't help it that I thought Bohemian wasn't that hard. Next time, I'll punch myself in the balls right as I get to the bridge, so that I add that extra challenge of trying to FC it through the pain of my testicles screaming at me. Then, when I choke on the outro, I'll go ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) and then I'll agree with you guys.

UNTIL THEN, though, let's try to have a serious discussion about this?

So yeah, I think StCM should be ranked above Bohemian.

Last edited by xemhanort on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
xemhanort wrote:
bclare wrote:

I have actually never missed that phrase, but I had the advantage of watching a video from Kristen first where she sang it pretty clearly. Once you know what you have to sing, IMO it's easy. But it's not intuitive and if I was trying to figure it out on the fly I would definitely miss it.
Nimmy  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the hardest song is by far Rob The Prez-O-Dent, but I seem to be alone in this. it's the only I fail occasionally. Other songs I used to fail are Reptilia and Good Vibrations.

I am happy some of my fellow vocalists spoke about Devil's Child. Before I bought the song, I was afraid how hard it would be, and indeed it is. As a side note, I am amazed by how few vocalists have the Screaming for Vengeance pack. The whole pack is fun to sing and it has one of the hardest songs with Devil's Child (that should be higher on the list). I consider a least a pack from Queen, Boston and Judas Priest a mandatory purchase. Anyway, it's a matter of taste.

I just played a few of what are considerd in your list the hardest songs, and I think Dreaming of Love is overrated, it's not top 10 material. For me, All Right Now is harder.
I also made a 99% run (-2 I think) on Make me Smile (Come up and See) and got #50, so you might put it higher on your list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: