FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
malkieriking: HIGHWAY STAR!! 56/58 RB1, -27 FSFC (24 ex. Bli
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, more Blitz stuff has happened. As of last night, I am now 1st on all Lego songs (ignoring three cheated scores on Xbox and five cheated scores on PS3).

As Ketchup mentioned earlier, I also got the best pinball run ever on the setlist:

This run, unfortunately not on video, featured a ~65-70 bounce pinball to start the run. For comparison, second place is Zage with 682K, and is one of the best pinball runs on the setlist alone. I would say this is my best pinball run, but two recent runs, namely a 1010K on If You're Wondering If I Want You To (I Want You To) and a 1596K Shooting Star run (video soon) are both slightly better, and both feature a ball over 60 bounces.

I currently own 1st place on 18/25 setlist songs, and all 7 other scores involve flame runs. I'm getting better at flame as well, but most of my notable scores remain pinball based. I'll probably report again when I stop being lazy and upload my Shooting Star video, it was quite a good run.

If you're interested in seeing it happen live, check out my twitch channel at twitch.tv/malkieriking as I've been streaming a lot more lately. I might stream speedruns sometimes as well, we shall see.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no clue how this happened. I got a -1 trying to improve on like a 150K previous high score and ended up getting a -1 in the trill of solo 5, so I replayed it and after about 20-30 minutes or so:

I really didn't ever think that I would get this FC, and it definitely wasn't on the list of songs to help me get to 50. I should be able to get to 50 one day, and if stuff like this keeps happening, maybe even 55!

ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can FC TKAR, 56 is very much within reach! Congratz!
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atta boy, Malkieri! Re-FC on RB1, plz?

Also, I want your pinball skillz.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep up the good work
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProJoe: Thanks for the support. With everything that's happened in the last 2 days, I don't doubt that anymore, and especially not with your support.

Voided: lol what is pinball i can no haz skillz
Also, thanks for the support. I'll probably redo some of these in RB1 and see if I can get to 3rd or 4th on SH on PS3. I always looked up to mnwildguy back in the day and now it seems like I could pass him; crazy how things change.

pizza: Thanks, keep up the vocals work!

From pretty far under 50 to pretty far over it in a week! A lot of songs that pained me for a long time are done now. Chronologically:

Solo 3 was always hard, solo 2 wasn't the easiest either. Played solo 3 for like 10-15 minutes in practice and FCed on my 2nd run to solo 3 (3 runs got to solo 2). 48/58.

I had never FCed the triplets after the solo before. Just played the song to remember how hard they were, and I hit them. I guess all that time playing Caprici got me used to the orange-red transition. 49/58.

Chorus 2 is one of the hardest sections I've ever hit, maybe slightly easier than Panic Attack's solo or the trills in Our Truth (which I still and will always suck at). I was shocked at how far I got into the triplets after playing the song as a joke, and got the FC after about 15 minutes of practice and an hour and a half of runs. 50/58.

All 3 of these happened last night, as well as FC #51, Vasoline. I always hated the solo in this song, and then realized when I was going up for the second set of YB trills I would ghost yellow. Fixed it by strumming the first blue in the second set of trills and FCed first try using that method. I forgot the picture, but I'll probably end up redoing it on RB1 anyways at some point.

Then today I got 2 more:

Practiced the ostintato and FCed it 3rd try in practice. Played runs, and FCed on like the 6th try, only 3 of which got to the solo; the rest of the runs died in chorus 2. 52/58.

I hate songs that have the hard part 6 and a half minutes in. Hit the strumming in Jam D first try in practice, FCed it the second time I got to the jam in runs (jam=solo 2 for those who haven't practiced WGFA). Sure it's overdue I guess, but it's FC #53/58.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that leaves 5 songs:

Enter Sandman
Creep
Highway Star
Run to the Hills
Green Grass and High Tides

I've FCed RttH outside of the solo before, and still can't hit Solo D in Highway Star, so the order I get those might be the other way. I can see myself getting to 57 at some point if I can figure out Highway Star and maybe grind Run to the Hills. Creep will just take time; I'm consistent on the first strumming part and have like a -3. Enter Sandman is just a matter of me figuring what the heck the solo is. I've been closer to hitting RttH in the past than ES, so we'll see what happens. I'll keep the updates coming if anything happens.

pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see more progress keep up the good work
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your sig says otherwise, Mr. Malki!

And I can't wait for 56 or 57/58. Nice job on all of those. I'm still hoping to FC those on RB1, but I may have to do it on RB3 regardless. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess, but oh well.

Keep it up.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Highway Star, I suggest getting to the point where everything outside the doubles is 100% easy no problem, and then figuring out all the tricks of what works best for you for the doubles (which direction to start strumming on was important for me). After you reach this point, just grind. You can always go back to practice mode if the doubles just seem really iffy. I have only ever FCed solo D once and it was in a real run. I suggest setting yourself up to say the same :P

Creep and Enter Sandman should not be a problem. ES just takes a little time in practice mode and for Creep you just need to figure out which direction to start strumming after each hopo (assuming you use the hopos; I highly suggest it). Run to the Hills I can't help too much because solo buttons totally change the strategy. Anyway, good luck!

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the continued support pizza.

Voided, I hope I can do some of these in RB1. I did ES in RB1! Really, I could at least do a LOT better on Creep. When I play at home, I play RB1 on 0/0 calibration and I'm really used to it, so I'll probably do that at some point. Vasoline was really annoying me on RB1 again, and I really don't want to grind TKAR, FP/LT or WGFA on RB1 for FCs. Brainpower is really annoying too. We'll see, but I've been playing lower difficulties lately too for fun/squeezing practice.

Lefty, thanks for the tips. I'm really spotty on the doublets. I've hit both sets, and have hit both of them in a row before (in inverse order, but still in a row :p). We'll see when I go for it, because I really don't want to yet.

#54 was Enter Sandman. Played the solo and hit it almost straight away for the tech FC, then played the song like 5 times before I FCed it.

#55 was Creep. I figured out pretty quickly that I wasn't really bad at the strumming, I just didn't know the fret changes. Took about 15 minutes of practice to sort out, first run was a 100% OS, 3rd run was an FC.

Highway Star is still annoying. We'll see when I want to grind it, but I'm not at that point yet.

Mercurial  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you consider FGFCs of RB1/2/ACDC/TB/GD/Lego done on the RB3 engine as official FGFCs? Out of curiosity.

Keep going btw, you can get dat GGaHT FC i'm sure of it ;)
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercurial wrote:
So do you consider FGFCs of RB1/2/ACDC/TB/GD/Lego done on the RB3 engine as official FGFCs? Out of curiosity.

Keep going btw, you can get dat GGaHT FC i'm sure of it ;)

1.) Yes, as does just about everyone in the community. Well, except for Beatles, which doesn't export and all the songs that don't export as well.

2.) I've gotta get HS and RttH first, lol (also 2e)

PS: I accidentally 1st x-plat medium RB1 drums lol

Mercurial  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wtf is this scatterbrain score stop it i don't wanna play that song :'(

Seriously though - nice, goddamn,
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seem to update this thread. Sorry about that.

First, I finally can take one of those goals that I set like 3 years ago out of my OP! I finally finished my OMBFAFC of Weezer after FCing all the bass parts. I saved The Greatest Man That Ever Lived bass for last.

The hardest FCs were Say It Ain't So and Greatest Man vocals, Buddy Holly guitar, on bass I guess El Scorcho and Greatest Man, but they weren't that bad, Perfect Situation on keys by pigeonhole, and on drums Say It Ain't So, Hash Pipe, El Scorcho, and (IYWIIWYT)IWYT all gave me trouble.

I realized as far as the main series games go, I've pretty much taken RB1 and RB3 to their limits for me right now; unsurprising based on how I've played both competitively. However, I still have never really put significant time into RB2. I worked on some guitar the other day with good results!

Where'd You Go's solo is really fast, so it's easy to see why it's hard for me. Rob the Prez-O-Dent has always been really hard for me for no reason (Considering stuff like Rock This Town in GH2 didn't really bother me). Either way, I got both of these this weekend, as well as some easier stuff. I hit 600 guitar FCs with Rob, 200 vocals FCs with About A Girl, and am up to a respectable 79 OMBFCs. I still play all the time, but just never update the thread because lazy.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive totals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: