FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
malkieriking: HIGHWAY STAR!! 56/58 RB1, -27 FSFC (24 ex. Bli
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the passes! Llama is especially tough. Bohemian Rhapsody does start to make sense pattern-wise if you give it some time in practice. But yeah, Roundabout's on a whole other level. Good luck with that one. I only got 3 stars on it (to finish the related goals) by using no-fail.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just got to Organ Solo 1, so I think a pass is imminent. I've been putting it off because it scares me to some extent, but after figuring out the patterns, it isn't too hard to get to the Guitar Break. (Past that though, is a different story.)

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
megallica  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job passing those songs on pro keys

i had a really hard time with Llama

for roundabout, i found that if you last awhile in the gtr break before activating OD and you have a full bar, it's easier to pass the parts right after it because you'll have mostly a full bar

if i remember right, if you last until m176 on the guitar break (it's an OD phrase where the pattern changes), then a full bar of OD will end around the end of the gtr break pattern so your rock meter will still be almost full

also, practicing the parts after the guitar break in the trainer or practice mode helps alot (specifically, trying to learn to hit some of the OD phrases after the gtr break)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 things. I'll go from least important to most.

1.) Need You Tonight Re-FC in BQP. Really the only reason this is exciting at all is that I got the extra point, so I'm tied for first. I have a picture if you don't believe me, but I'm mad at the game for giving our band 4 stars for my gold star and my vocalist's 5 star (no one else was playing).

2.) This Bastard's Live Pro Keys 5 Star! Needless to say, I'm very happy with this, and it really took a lot less time than some other things I've done.

3.) Imagine Pro Bass FC! I've finally begun! Pretty easy, except I choked the second to last note one time. Yoshimi should come soon, as I don't want to just sit on 1 FC for a long time.

megallica  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job with your first Pro Bass FC

you can pass and play alot more songs than i could when i FCed it, so i'm sure you'll get plenty more

i found Yoshimi to be a little troublesome when i went for that FC, and i think Du Hast is a little easier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malkieriking wrote:
Well, I just got to Organ Solo 1, so I think a pass is imminent. I've been putting it off because it scares me to some extent, but after figuring out the patterns, it isn't too hard to get to the Guitar Break. (Past that though, is a different story.)

For my pass I did NOT activate during the guitar break. I get a full bar and activate in Organ Solo 1.
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's been such a long time, I think I should be upadating, yeah! Yay, not so subtle Boston references!

First, Pro Keys FC #17, Werewolves of London! I got this a couple weeks ago, but I don't like to update with one song accomplishments too often (although I might start to if it takes this long...) I hate that fill, but only missed it 3 times on FC runs.

Also, I would hate to contradict myself and update with only one song. I'm terrible at vocals but I got Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before today while working on the vocals 3* goals! I had sung it many times on hard (I built myself a mic stand and am trying to get that as my first voxtar w/ hard vox FC), but never on expert, so I was surprised I did so well.

Now for those who read the OP, you know what to expect here to some extent; how bad I suck. Well, the reason it took so long to update was I have not one, not two, but THREE unique Pro Keys -1s in easy spots, and two of them happened twice. I'll detail this chronologically.

First, I went for In the Meantime. I FCed up to the keyboard solo with very few problems (although lately the D before the bridge has been trolling me). In the keyboard solo, I hit the end chords and everything execpt one stupid F# on a tempo change that I hit a split second too soon. Missed FC opportunity 1/5. I laugh about this for the next half hour or so.

Second, a couple days later I saw I had a terrible score on The Killing Moon. I played it, and what do you know, I found an easy way to two-hand the 4 note chords! I learn the part and practice Gtr Solo D more than I have ever practiced any other part. I get through here in a run and miss the 14th to last note in Gtr Solo E, the last section of the song. The game is now irritating me quite a bit.

Third, a few days later I start to play MidLife Crisis after I saw it drop in the FC Breakdown, as I would do with almost any other song. I FCed up to the bridge and miss once there, but I didn't think that was such a big deal. FC out, oh well.

Fourth, I play MidLife Crisis a few times the next day. I finally FC past the bridge and have a sure FC, right? Wrong. I miss on the second freaking chord in the outro.

Fifth, I go back to The Killing Moon. FC to Gtr Solo E again, with my sister sitting in the room. I tell while I play how mad I am at this song and how I screwed up on it before, but this time I won't. So I don't screw up. Instead, I get a stupid overhit on a chord where one of the keys on the keyboard decided to pretend like I let go and hit it again. Not only that, but I proceeded to accidentally delete the video that I caught it on. Shoot me now.

In conclusion, expect 20 Pro Keys FCs any day now.

Last edited by malkieriking on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
megallica  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on your Werewolves of London Pro Keys FC

that little fill at the end is really annoying

malkieriking wrote:

Second, a couple days later I saw I had a terrible score on The Killing Moon. I played it, and what do you know, I found an easy way to two-hand the 4 note chords! I learn the part and practice Gtr Solo D more than I have ever practiced any other part. I get through here in a run and miss the 14th to last note in Gtr Solo E, the last section of the song. The game is now irritating me quite a bit.

yeah, i missed there a few times too, and a few other -1s in various places in the gtr solo sections

the entire guitar solo has alot of variation, and it took me awhile to get through it with an FC

if you keep grinding it, you'll get it

and if you're doing that well on it, you should try The Power Of Love too, since it uses similar skills and is a little easier than The Killing Moon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I've played The Power of Love a few times and had very little success, but could probably do it if I spent a little time and effort on it. Everything after the guitar solo is rough right now because of the variation, but that's why practice mode is there. Thanks for the constant support.

malkieriking  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just choked Sister Christian vocals, finished all Keys goals (HoF on the Keyboard 40/40 stars).

More importantly, however, I have taken over the RB1 Guitar Master FC Breakdown. Please, because it has been so hard to come by votes in that thread, go to the Technique forum and vote. It's a pointless list with no input, and don't be afraid to vote even if you aren't the best guitarist.

Thank you, and good night.

malkieriking  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 down, 81 to go...

Didn't take too long given that I was watching the Michigan game, the Red Wings game, and the Tigers game and only doing this while all 3 were on commercial or intermission/halftime/between innings/rain delay (seriously, when does Texas get rain delays?). Nothing too hard.

Sorry about the picture, I was so excited I kind of just pressed the green button.

anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job dude!

[/genericreply]

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, nice. Pro Bass FCs, hell, even Pro FCs in general are HARD.
megallica  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job

i actually found that one pattern in the verses to be kind of troublesome when i went for that FC

the pattern that goes 2 0 2 0 3 moving from the 3rd string to the 1st string

by the time i was consistent at it, i had 7 other pro bass FCs, so i'm sure you can get those too

Du Hast, Yoshimi and Need You Tonight are probably the easiest ones you haven't done yet

good luck with the rest of the setlist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30

Jump to: