FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/7 DLC: Bruno Mars, Rise Against, & 2 Pro Updates!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonicSpeed  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked that we got more Rise Against, but only one song from Endgame? I would have loved to have A Gentleman's Coup, Endgame and Architects. But then again they probably picked those songs because they are all the "popular" singles.
TMT  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the Way You Are would be nice for parties. And The Good Left Undone is one of my favorite Rise Against songs. Not an awful week.
82erkle  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruno Mars? Really? What the fuck is this? His songs are so overplayed they make me want to shoot myself. Those songs are gonna be boring as HELL on guitar, bass, and drums.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:
Those songs are gonna be boring as HELL on guitar, bass, and drums.

You're definitely missing the target audience and main instrument here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
82erkle wrote:

Either that, or he gives just as many fucks about the target audience as I do, which is less than or equal to half of nothing.
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be the only one who clicked on this thread and said aloud "Please be Like the Angel please be Like the Angel please be Like the Angel" and became mildly disappointed afterwards. Oh well, hopefully the other songs are going to be fun.

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited for the Rise Against pack. I'm typically very stingy about DLC and not having too much of any artist, but these three songs were just about perfect. Pretty much my favorites not already released from the two older albums, and a single I've heard a lot of and quite enjoy from the new album.

Crazy to think of it, but this will actually be my first full-pack purchase since the A7X pack last July. Wow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
NavyCherub wrote:
82erkle wrote:

Either that, or he gives just as many fucks about the target audience as I do, which is less than or equal to half of nothing.

Thanks for caring <3

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
NavyCherub wrote:
82erkle wrote:

But then why post about it? If you don't give a fuck about the songs or their target audience, then why not just ignore it? Keep in mind that most of what I'm posting here isn't necessarily directed at you specifically, but moreso anybody who's posting expressing their disapproval of it.

Sure you can say "well, if enough people express their disapproval, then Harmonix will stop releasing music like this" but does anyone here really think that'll make any difference?

You could also say that you're protesting the very concept of people liking this type of music, but the only reasonable goal in doing that is to change their minds, and being particularly rude about it isn't going to achieve that goal either.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with voicing disapproval. I'm not trying to censor anybody here. If the disapproval was voiced as something like "I don't like this, I don't think it'll be fun, I don't care about it, but I see it's validity as DLC because other people will" then that's fine. But, whether intentional or not, a lot of the posts come across as "I don't like this, I don't think it'll be fun, I don't care about it, and therefore this is invalid/unacceptable as DLC because it doesn't appeal to me."

It reminds me a bit of that famous message board rule, "post because you have something to say, not because you have to say something." As I said, I'm not out to censor anybody. (And now I'm about to pick on you specifically for a second. Fair warning.) You have every right to voice your disapproval. Which you did. Many times. I'm sure everyone in this thread is well aware that you don't approve of stuff like the Bruno Mars pack. There's no need to constantly reiterate it, especially when it's manifested in relatively rude posts like the one I have quoted.

If you can't tell, I'm really trying to be civil with my criticism here. I don't want to re-open any debates about you personally that were going on earlier in the thread. I just get the sense that you almost feel the need to "remind" us that you don't approve of this pack every time the thread gets a new page. And that's a little irritating to me. Especially when, as I pointed out at the beginning of this post, I see very little logical reason to keep reiterating your disapproval.

Again, I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I'm sure that a lot of people here actually agree with you. I understand that a lot of people (myself included, in all fairness) have called you out in this thread, and argued with you, when perhaps we shouldn't have. I just don't see the productivity and/or logic in how you're currently posting.
Arcanon  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:

I for one am excited as hell to play the drums on Just The Way You Are. They sound like a lot of fun. I'm a terrible drummer in terms of skill, and beats like that are extremely fun to play for someone of my level. One man's trash is another man's lunch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Arcanon24
D3NVR07  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh this hella looks like a good week finally something to download . I already know ima get to into it on drums for Grenade and Just they Way You Are ooo some fun freestyle fills will be made .

Why y'all gotta hate on Bruno Mars because he's Mainstream/Pop/Not Hard (Playing wise)/ or isn't part of YOUR favorite genre,? That's some stupid hater ass shit, you don't like it deal with suck that shit up. As a company HMX is gonna keep going distances with different genres and big radio hits, if it gets played on the radio every hour that must mean people out there are liking it you ignorant fucks. Maybe y'all should stop acting so delicate bout a few fucking songs and enjoy the other 1500+ songs that are available. smmfh -_-

Scorehero's Straight-up ghetto black kid. PEOPLE QUIT BEING DAMN DELICATES!!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: D3NVR07 PSN Name: D3NVR07
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D3NVR07 wrote:
Ahh this hella looks like a good week finally something to download . I already know ima get to into it on drums for Grenade and Just they Way You Are ooo some fun freestyle fills will be made .

Why y'all gotta hate on Bruno Mars because he's Mainstream/Pop/Not Hard (Playing wise)/ or isn't part of YOUR favorite genre,? That's some stupid hater ass shit, you don't like it deal with suck that shit up. As a company HMX is gonna keep going distances with different genres and big radio hits, if it gets played on the radio every hour that must mean people out there are liking it you ignorant fucks. Maybe y'all should stop acting so delicate bout a few fucking songs and enjoy the other 1500+ songs that are available. smmfh -_-

http://www.hulu.com/watch/62945/before-the-music-dies

That's why.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyWaffle wrote:
I can't be the only one who clicked on this thread and said aloud "Please be Like the Angel please be Like the Angel please be Like the Angel" and became mildly disappointed afterwards. Oh well, hopefully the other songs are going to be fun.

Nope...I was too. Like the Angel is amazing and has a fun little solo to boot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
RustyWaffle wrote:

Nope...I was too. Like the Angel is amazing and has a fun little solo to boot.

So was I Really really like that song. Ah well, these 3 aren't bad at all either.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
D3NVR07 wrote:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/62945/before-the-music-dies

That's why.

As long as you can realize the difference should it matter. People are greedy so you can't do nothing bout it. Yeah it's fucked up but hey that's how it works I don't really know how rock mainstream goes I really don't listen to it outside of Rock Band. Now rap yeah I know how that work Companies i.e. Def Jam will not let their artist have any creative control what so ever look at Lupe or Frank Ocean. Now the with Rap rappers do have options to release mixtapes in order to say and do what they want with their music for everyone to hear.

Back on topic you can hate him just because of how talent is lacking of newer artist. I don't like Justin Beiber but the ol dude do know how to sing and yeah can play the drums. And the same could be applied to Bruno Mars he does know how to sing and play instruments. Age shouldn't have to mean anything about how relatable or inspiring one's music is shit I know a 15 year old girl who has been to hell and back and has been through tougher shit then most grown niggas. She writes music but does that mean she don't know what she's doing or talking because she 15. what about a young rapper that 22 or younger do they not say whats real or relatable because they're young? Age don't mean shit there are young people with fuck up lives.

I felt that documentary was a bit biased but did make good points.

Scorehero's Straight-up ghetto black kid. PEOPLE QUIT BEING DAMN DELICATES!!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: D3NVR07 PSN Name: D3NVR07
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: