FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/7 DLC: Bruno Mars, Rise Against, & 2 Pro Updates!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
I don't think anyone thinks Bruno Mars is the best musician (or singer for that matter) on the planet, but they're catchy and fun, and yes, going to be huge hits at parties.

Am I weird for wanting the Bruno Mars songs more than the Rise Against? I haven't heard any of the R.A. songs except for Help Is On the Way, and I honestly think it's one of the worst Rise Against songs, period.

One of the good things about the RA pack is that all three songs are pulled from different albums. So if you don't like Help is On the Way but do like previous songs from previous albums, check into the other two in the pack. They might be more up your alley.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Icemage wrote:
I don't think anyone thinks Bruno Mars is the best musician (or singer for that matter) on the planet, but they're catchy and fun, and yes, going to be huge hits at parties.

Am I weird for wanting the Bruno Mars songs more than the Rise Against? I haven't heard any of the R.A. songs except for Help Is On the Way, and I honestly think it's one of the worst Rise Against songs, period.

One of the good things about the RA pack is that all three songs are pulled from different albums. So if you don't like Help is On the Way but do like previous songs from previous albums, check into the other two in the pack. They might be more up your alley.

Well you know from first-hand experience that I buy everything, so I'll get it anyway. It's just that I don't particularly care for Help Is On the Way (I find it formulaic and repetitive, and not particularly catchy to make up for it), but I'm sure other people like it.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
Icemage wrote:

Well you know from first-hand experience that I buy everything, so I'll get it anyway. It's just that I don't particularly care for Help Is On the Way (I find it formulaic and repetitive, and not particularly catchy to make up for it), but I'm sure other people like it.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that for a minute. =P

But yeah, two artists this week I'm relatively indifferent to. I don't think any of it will be terrible, but none of it particularly excites me either.

It was fun waking up this morning and for the first time in over a month not having any idea what was coming though.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would I want "The Lazy Song" I already bought Green Day Rock Band for "Longview"
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fail week

Might aswell be justin bieber,jessica black or some other wannabe musician this week....Dream theater...its that simple HMX .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Icemage wrote:

I think I'm anticipating Bruno Mars more simply because there's going to be more Diversity. I'm not into the irritating constant strumming/chords of Rise Against songs, even though they have great vocals and drums in general.

Bruno will have harmonies and keys, which is now the new standard. If a new DLC song doesn't have those things, then I think it has to really have a hook to it's re-playability or a song I personally want. I can understand why people want "The Lazy Song." I'm not a fan of it, but I know it'd be fun on keys for sure. That's why I kind of wanted "The Other Side" because it's faster paced and more instrument heavy than his other hits. (Plus, Fun Harmonies with Cee-Lo and B.O.B)
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
fail week

Might aswell be justin bieber,jessica black or some other wannabe musician this week....Dream theater...its that simple HMX .

You have plenty of prog and metal on RBN, jeez.
It's just 1 week where there's a slightly leftfield alternative.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
aknu  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, everyone talking about how whiny and annoying Bruno is, but I find the Rise Against vocals to be just as annoying to listen to

That said, gonna pick up Even Flow Pro-Up. Awesome!!
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
krisdaschwab912 wrote:
And what metal? I mean, the Ozzy 8-pack and Pantera 4-pack is a good start, but I didn't like most of the Pantera choices and am only a casual fan of Ozzy. Yes, there's RBN, but it's not getting me what I really want right now. Ayreon is on the table, but the founder of Ayreon said he doesn't have any time to do any more songs other than the one that is already out (Dawn of a Million Souls, which I highly recommend) at this point in time.

I'll say the same thing I said with the Lady Gaga pack: Hopefully, with all this money HMX will be raking in, they can some stuff that I really, really want. And I'm not just talking about metal; I want some badass classic rock (Think Achilles' Last Stand by Led Zeppelin), an asston of Bad Religion, maybe some P.O.S., and more oldies, among other things.

Sorry, I just meant "metal" by genre labels, not "the-metal-krisdaschwab91-likes" (should have specified).

Personally I think the classic rock train ran for quite a long time when the game first came out, so it's nice to see more modern music in the DLC offerings, even if it may not be my cup of tea. Variety is the spice of life, and RB has one hell of a spice rack. ;D

That's pretty much what I was about to post when I read that. People complain that we don't get enough metal, then when you mention the metal we have gotten, the response is "well, that's not valid metal since it's not metal I like."

I'm not calling the stuff we have "invalid". I've bought a lot of metal stuff that I didn't particularly like at first because the charts looked fun as fuck on drums and it ended up growing on me. The thing about metal is that it's all over the place. No matter how much metal we have, someone is going to feel snubbed.
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
I'm not calling the stuff we have "invalid". I've bought a lot of metal stuff that I didn't particularly like at first because the charts looked fun as fuck on drums and it ended up growing on me. The thing about metal is that it's all over the place. No matter how much metal we have, someone is going to feel snubbed.

Especially the people who don't like Metal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
krisdaschwab912 wrote:

Well, that's fine, if people gave various subgenres a chance and didn't like it. Otherwise, it's the blind fools who hear some double bass and instantly say "What the fuck is this shit? I want Z100 (local top 40 station)!"
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hay, a metal conversation that I didn't spark up for once

Bland week, though I might grab a Rise Against song for kicks. They weren't too bad to play in Guitar Hero. Thankfully the Ozzy pack was good enough to tide me over for awhile.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Mystakin wrote:
krisdaschwab912 wrote:

Well, that's fine, if people gave various subgenres a chance and didn't like it. Otherwise, it's the blind fools who hear some double bass and instantly say "What the fuck is this shit? I want Z100 (local top 40 station)!"

Yes, those blind fools, as opposed to the enlightened paragons of intellect and virtue who hear one of the thousands of things that's not some flavour of rock or metal and instantly say "What the fuck is this shit? I want (local rock/metal station)!", without giving it a chance.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Icemage  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:

There's something really wrong with criticizing the limited musical tastes of other people when you're the one in these threads complaining virtually week-in-and-week-out about how you don't like anything being released.
urikobb3  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking up the Rise Against songs. Kinda wish Make It Stop (September's Children) was one of the picks, but decent nonetheless.

Bruno Mars is a huge no-go though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: