FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Connecticon 2011 July 8-10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Connecticon 2011 July 8-10 Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I know there are a bunch of really good players in the New England area (Having played against quite a few of them at GameUnicon back in 2009), and hopefully some of them are going to Connecticon on July 8th through 10th. I've competed in Connecticon's Rock Band tournament for the last three years, but this year, I'm running it instead, so I'm hoping some of you will come by and compete!

This tournament works a little differently than most tournaments. You can try to qualify any time on Friday, playing one "easy", one "medium", and one "hard" song (Easy, medium, and hard being descriptors of the songs based on their total difficulty, not "easy", "medium" and "hard" as in "the difficulties that aren't expert."), and the top 4 bands go on to Saturday's finals. In the finals, one of the elements going into your score is your performance, IE how much you act like an actual rock star.

"So, I'm a typical ScoreHero-goer," I hear you saying. "Why would I want to compete in this tournament?" Well, how about trophies? Each member of the winning band will be given a trophy commemorating the achievement. There's also artwork by Dave Lister of Paradox Lost, which will be given out to the best individual performers on their respective instruments (Vocals/Bass/Guitar/Drums/Keyboard).

There will also be Gamestop gift cards given out to the various winners. So if you're in the area, come check out the tournament, and the convention in general!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hoping I can make it, but with us trying to save up for the trip in general, we may not have enough saved up to make the drive from NC to CT and pay to get into the Con. Sounds like it's going to be a great tournament, so I hope you have plenty of bands to enter and play!

If some random miracle we have enough to get by with it I'll see you there!

jo
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PMS Silent Jo
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had never heard of this until now (well I've heard of ConnectiCon, just didn't know when it was or that they had a RB tournament). I'm not too far so I would have been interested in going, but I suppose it's probably a little too late to plan that out now.
eddaket  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for this if other people wanna go. I should be around that weekend.
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
I'd be up for this if other people wanna go. I should be around that weekend.

Well let me put some details here for anyone who might care (including me)

Price is $60 for a 3-day pass, or single day passes are available but the tournament is over two days so it wouldn't be relevant if you care about that

Hotel info, from the website

Quote:
If you still need a room we've opened up overflow room blocks at the following hotels, which are all along the Star Shuttle route.

The Holiday Inn Express would like to offer a $139 room rate, they have doubles and singles. To book your room call: 860.246.9900

The Homewood Suites would like to offer a $135 for studio suites or $145 for one bedroom suites. To book your room call: 860.524.0223

So squeezing 4 people into a room for 2 nights would be about $70 per person.

I kinda wanna go now just to punch Tim Buckley. But yeah if we can get together 4 people (me, eddaket, and two more?) then I'm game.
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:

I kinda wanna go now just to punch Tim Buckley.

This seems to be most people's reaction to Tim Buckley, for whatever reason (I'm not a big reader of Ctrl-Alt-Del). He was actually a guest judge for the first two years of the tournament (But isn't this year), as a random fun fact.

One more thing so you all aren't surprised: The tournament itself has an entry fee of $20 per band. It's per-band as opposed to per-person in the event that we get 3-person bands wanting to compete (Although technically, if one or two people want to try and cover three-plus instruments, I'll let them...it's my job to run the tournament, not to save people from their own terrible ideas. :P), even though I don't think there has been one in the entire history of the tournament.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably would if I had the money. Oh well.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note that the trophies for the tournament are in.

Here's the nameplate.

Here's a full shot of one of the trophies. All four of them look the same.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admission + hotel puts it just outside of what I'd want to spend right now :/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would Have went If I saw this post earlier. -_-

<--------------- ON RB2. YEAH I'M THAT AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/user/lsapg09
http://www.twitch.tv/andpeegee
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: