FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does anyone know the RB3 cutoff formulas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NfskMjmMal2  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it would make sense that unisons would change the cutoffs a little, but would the change be affected by the sheer number of unisons that there are or the percentage of OD phrases that are unisons? The latter seems more logical but you never know.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Thanks for copy-pasting from the sticky thread in this forum?

I think the more relevant issue for vocals is that the taps themselves aren't worth anything, it's just the bonus at the end of the section now. (But that's off-topic for this discussion, I don't know the guitar GS cutoff formula either)

I actually did NOT C/P that info. I know it from memory.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For completeness, at least according to the on-disc scoring.dtb file (so it may be different with title updates), keep in mind that the pro instruments have a higher solo bonus (150 pts per note for a perfect solo, 100 pts per note at 85% and higher). Here are the full contents of the "solo" node in scoring.dtb:

RB3 360 solo bonuses (on-disc)

And here are the contents of star_thresholds.dtb (not sure whether the game is using "instrument_thresholds" or the "new_*" nodes, if the latter then "instrument_thresholds" may either be for songs without pro charts or simply a leftover from RB2):

RB3 360 star rating thresholds (on-disc)

All data presented in easy-to-read basic DTA format

Edit: Ouch, sorry about the necro, I totally didn't notice the date after leaving the thread open on my computer and coming back to it the next day. My bad. Still, hope the info's useful.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Nidecker  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get anything of this lol.

Can someone calculate where the Gold Star cutoff is for 'There Was a Time' By Guns N' Roses on Guitar?

It has a veryyyy long solo, and I wonder if it's possible to get GS by hitting 95-99% on it? or do you actually have to hit 100% on it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Nidecker
Blakeison2112  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nidecker wrote:

Can someone calculate where the Gold Star cutoff is for 'There Was a Time' By Guns N' Roses on Guitar?

It has a veryyyy long solo, and I wonder if it's possible to get GS by hitting 95-99% on it? or do you actually have to hit 100% on it?

You have to FC the second solo most likely to have a shot at GS
Nidecker  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blakeison2112 wrote:
Nidecker wrote:

You have to FC the second solo most likely to have a shot at GS

Well, you get 72,8k for that solo bonus. In most songs that are long, the GS use to be anywhere between 20 - 40k from an FC (with decent path)

So this is a tricky one actually. 95-99% gives a solo bonus of 36,4k in this case. So I would'nt say its impossible?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Nidecker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: