FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does anyone know the RB3 cutoff formulas?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shashakiro  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know the RB3 cutoff formulas? Reply with quote

Really curious as to exactly how they work, especially after I fluked a 95 on the Rainbow in the Dark solo and STILL didn't GS for some reason >_>

I know solo bonuses are taken into account now, but by how much?

Total banners earned: 35. Above are links to accomp thread.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone know the RB3 cutoff formulas? Reply with quote

Shashakiro wrote:
Really curious as to exactly how they work, especially after I fluked a 95 on the Rainbow in the Dark solo and STILL didn't GS for some reason >_>

I know solo bonuses are taken into account now, but by how much?

I don't know the exact formula, but I believe solo bonuses were just added to the cutoff for GS. The issue is that there's a HUGE gap in bonus points when you FC a solo versus just missing a note or two. It almost seems like an exponential increase. The GS cutoff is based off the highest possible solo bonus, which basically means on songs where there's a large solo bonus relative to the rest of the song (Freebird, 25 or 6 to 4, etc), it's almost impossible (and sometimes IS impossible, in the case of Freebird) to GS without a solo FC.

Rainbow in the Dark I believe is sort of on the edge. I think with a 95%+ solo bonus and FC'ing outside the solo with a good path, a GS is still theoretically possible, but I don't know for sure.

I could also be talking out of my ass about all of this, so anybody feel free to correct me.
JosJuice  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone know the RB3 cutoff formulas? Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
The issue is that there's a HUGE gap in bonus points when you FC a solo versus just missing a note or two. It almost seems like an exponential increase.
Hitting 95%-99.99% on a solo gives you around 47.5%-49.99% of the bonus. Hitting 100% gives you 100% of the bonus.
View user's profile Send private message PSN Name: JosJuice Wii Friend Code: 5959909536341960
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'm pretty sure 95-99% "awesome" solo is exactly half of a perfect solo. A perfect solo bonus is the number of notes multiplied by 100. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Shashakiro  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how solo bonus scoring works (isn't there still a sticky about this?), I was just curious about cutoffs.

Is it really just RB2 cutoffs + 100% of solo bonuses? If so that's really stupid =(

Total banners earned: 35. Above are links to accomp thread.
superfly360  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can kind of see why they did this, as there are now unison bonuses in single player, though I don't know why they chose to add the 100% solo bonus instead of the 95-99% bonus.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(herp diddly derp ignore the first part of this post)

Where's Kawigi when you need him? xP

Last edited by MasterNobody on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Master Nobody
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Shashakiro wrote:
Is it really just RB2 cutoffs + 100% of solo bonuses? If so that's really stupid =(

It couldn't possibly be that, now that there are unison bonuses in solo all cutoffs have been adjusted (except vocals of course, no UBs), not just for solo bonuses.

Where's Kawigi when you need him? xP

'
That is actually incorrect. The cutoffs for songs without solos have NOT been adjusted. 100% solo bonus is factored in, but not quite like that, or most songs really would be ungoldable. However, nobody really knows exactly how it calculates.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo Bonuses (n = number of notes)

100% - Perfect - 100n
95-99% - Awesome - 50n
90-94% - Great - 30n
80-89% - Good - 20n
70-79% - Solid - 10n
60-69% - Okay - 5n
<60% - Messy - 0

By the way, Vocal Cutoffs got raised if they had Tambourine sections.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for copy-pasting from the sticky thread in this forum?

I think the more relevant issue for vocals is that the taps themselves aren't worth anything, it's just the bonus at the end of the section now. (But that's off-topic for this discussion, I don't know the guitar GS cutoff formula either)
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I fail. That's what I get for assuming cutoffs make sense.
Thanks for setting me straight Joe.

Regarding RB3 cutoffs with solo bounses- let's look at a couple examples.

Panic Attack- RB2 cutoff: 346576; Notes in guitar solos: 209 (solo 100% bonus=20900) source

RB3 cutoff: Roughly 3709xx. Difference= ~24400. Equal to 116.7% of full solo bonus (3,500 points more) source

Aesthetics of Hate- RB2 cutoff: 232410; Notes in guitar solos: 569 (solo 100% bonus=56900) (Kawigi song data)

RB3 cutoff: Roughly 2887xx. Difference= ~56300. Equal to 98.9% of full solo bonus (600 points less) source

(ooh fun example, same number of notes as the Panic Attack solo)-
Fear of the Dark (Live)- RB2 cutoff: 237079; Notes in guitar solos: 209 (solo 100% bonus=20900)

RB3 cutoff: Roughly 2595xx. Difference= ~22500. Equal to 107.7% of solo bonus (1600 points more) source

I figured there would be some insight in this data but I honestly don't see any. whatthefuck. Anybody else see any correlations in this data? The changes in cutoffs almost seem totally random.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
I figured there would be some insight in this data but I honestly don't see any. whatthefuck. Anybody else see any correlations in this data? The changes in cutoffs almost seem totally random.
I believe number of Unison Bonuses plays a part too.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, try this. Find a song in RB2 that has a unison bonus (or perhaps more than 1), but no solo, figure out the cutoff, and then play that song in RB3. Figure out how the cutoffs changed, and maybe from there you can isolate how unison bonuses affect cutoffs. If you can do that, then apply your new knowledge to the data you gathered above.

No idea if this will work, but it's worth a shot.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well did a little video watching. How about this: One step closer guitar. RB2 cutoff is just shy of 117000. RB3 cutoff appears (hard to tell exactly of course) just shy of 118000. Not exactly what i would conisder adjusted for unisons but not the same either. Weird
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the cutoffs may have been slightly increased across the bar, to compensate for unisons (without having to adjust each one based on the number of unisons), and then the solo bonus was added. That doesn't explain how AoH increased by less than the solo bonus, but maybe something else in that song changed along with the hopos getting added (baseless speculation on my part though)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: