FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
So does no one play Harmonies or what?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icemage  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyadesD4 wrote:
Oh god, that would make this game completely non-competitive...

Spoken like someone who has never looked at the vocal leaderboards in any recent Guitar Hero game.

Quote:
Bill: You're right, getting all Double or Triple Harmonies in a song is tough. Some of the 3 part songs on RB3 get so complicated, it's hard to even see what's going on (see Midlife Crisis, Get Up Stand Up outros). I think that a Bohemian Rhapsody Full Harmonies FC with 3 people would be near the difficulty of a Next to You RB1 FC.

I also agree with twistedoak that these are two totally different things. RB1's NTY talky was just stupidly broken and requires primarily luck, not skill. Bohemian Rhapsody takes a lot of skill, but assuming you can find 3 talented enough singers, can probably be done more or less on demand (finding 3 singers with the ability to tune people near them out is harder than it sounds, however).
Aousley92  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play harmonies I'm ranked first on xbox for on disk. However you are correct to say that not many people are competitive. Xbox has maybe 5 people who are serious about harmonies. While I have had a lot of help from my brother and friends to get my scores a lot of them were done by just me. That is not me recording myself, it's just really good pathing while holding three mics. While online harmonies would be cool, they would have to give the leaderboard score to 3 different people which I think is the main issue they had doing it.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aousley92 wrote:
While online harmonies would be cool, they would have to give the leaderboard score to 3 different people which I think is the main issue they had doing it.

Why is that any different than band play?

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
zawtowers  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, I'd be tempted to play harmonies more if you could play online - as many have said, finding two expert vocalists in your area isn't that easy.

I did hook up at my friend's the other week and we did Whip It by Devo on expert harmonies, and posted a reasonably good score doing so. It's good for practice as one vocalist can take on the singing parts and both can do the choruses, so it's a good introduction to doing that.

Online though would be cool, and it's a shame you can't - I'd love to do The Human League's Don't You Want Me DLC with a female 2nd vocalist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: