FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/31 DLC: Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait Diary didn't get Pro upgrade?
HOW

yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only cool people like you and me know that song, so they probably figured it would make more sense to go with bigger hits.
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sad about Diary not getting pro treatment. Very sad.
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RushJunkie3 wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
Also, I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned, but this has already happened. *coughabbeyroadcough*

That's an album, not a pack, and this is official HMX DLC for one of the main titles.

And even for being the exception to the rule at the time, a very weird release. The only non-album releases out of Abbey Road was the pre-order tracks. Rest of it was Album Only on 360/PS3, with Wii being able to buy singles but had no option to get the Medley.

Sgt Peppers and Rubber Soul were a return to normalcy there.
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:
RushJunkie3 wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
Also, I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned, but this has already happened. *coughabbeyroadcough*

That's an album, not a pack, and this is official HMX DLC for one of the main titles.

And even for being the exception to the rule at the time, a very weird release. The only non-album releases out of Abbey Road was the pre-order tracks. Rest of it was Album Only on 360/PS3, with Wii being able to buy singles but had no option to get the Medley.

Sgt Peppers and Rubber Soul were a return to normalcy there.

Well you can kind of understand why they did it with Abbey Road. The medley is the second half of the album, so it would make sense that you would have to buy the songs included in the medley to get the medley. Or maybe I am just being stupid at 1 AM Or I'm wording it wrong..

Stays in my signature until another Rush album comes out as DLC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
ilblud91  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading the pack now. Will upload tierings once it finishes.

EDIT: Done.

Steal Away (The Night):
G: 4
B: 4
D: 4
K/PK: None
V: 2

Over the Mountain:
G: 5
B: 2
D: 4 (surprising, figured a 5 for sure)

Mr. Crowley:
G: 6 (dunno pro tiering, probably a 6 too)
B: 3
K/PK: 2/2

Mama, I'm Coming Home:
G/PG: 2/2
B/PB: 3/3
D: 2

I Don't Know:
G: 5
B: 4
V: 1

Flying High Again:
G: 6
B: 3

Diary of a Madman:
G: 3 (thought this would be harder)
B: 2
D: 3
K/PK: 3/4
V: 4

Bark at the Moon:
G/PG: 6/6 (obv)
B/PB: 4/5
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: 5/31 DLC: Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii on May 31st, 2011:

• Bark At The Moon by Ozzy Osbourne (X) (*)

• Diary Of A Madman by Ozzy Osbourne

• Flying High Again by Ozzy Osbourne

• I Don't Know by Ozzy Osbourne

• Mama I'm Coming Home Ozzy Osbourne (X) (*)

• Mr. Crowley Ozzy Osbourne (X)

• Over The Mountain Ozzy Osbourne

• Steal Away (The Night) Ozzy Osbourne

(All tracks are original master recordings)
X = Pro Upgrade Available
* = Available only in purchase of 8-song pack, not as a single.

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack” on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$13.49, £6.69 UK, €9.99 EU (1080 Microsoft Points, 1350 Wii Points) for Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Death By Cancer by Seppuku With A Straw (80 MSP)

• We Collide by Children Of Nova (160 MSP)

• Still Alive by World Minus One (80 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• This Round's On Me by Blackguard
    Chart previews:

• Demons With Ryu by Emmure
    Chart previews:

• Demons With Ryu (2x Bass Pedal) by Emmure
    Chart previews:

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3 (or will be when PSN comes back), and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

HMXHenry wrote:
As mentioned in past announcements, due to the ongoing PSN outages beyond our control, Rock Band content has been delayed for the last several weeks. We’re working with Sony to ensure that content will be delivered as quickly as possible now that PSN is back up and running.

Because of the frequency of RB content and the larger amount of content offered we're not entirely sure if we fit into the DLC roll out calendar Sony has reported elsewhere. We'll post a schedule and a revised list of content as soon as we get an update from Sony and we have a clearer idea of what that content roll out will look like for the last month of RB / RBN DLC.
Kratos  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to note, besides the fact that the entire pack is only 1080 points, which especially with pro upgrades is a MASSIVE bargain, this charting of BatM is REALLY impressive. This is the first difficult chart in a long time that was charted almost flawlessly; I have almost no digressions with how it was charted. This is coming after the train wreck (heh..heh...) that was Crazy Train.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kratos wrote:
I would like to note, besides the fact that the entire pack is only 1080 points, which especially with pro upgrades is a MASSIVE bargain, this charting of BatM is REALLY impressive. This is the first difficult chart in a long time that was charted almost flawlessly; I have almost no digressions with how it was charted. This is coming after the train wreck (heh..heh...) that was Crazy Train.

I watched through videos of the entire pack, and I have to say I was incredibly impressed with the charting. Normally I'm a little afraid of HMX charting metal (especially after stuff like the first Ozzy Pack's Clusterfuck solos) but this is PERFECT.

The only thing people should find to complain about is perhaps an overuse of trill lanes, but I feel most of them are justified, and beyond that it's all fantastic.

No Rhythmic hypercharting in solos (IE: RttH, etc), no obnoxious unnecessary grace note charting, no weird forced strumming, just solo after solo of fantastic, flow-y authoring. Looks like an absolute BLAST.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pack is so ridiculously fun on guitar. Even the slower stuff like Diary and Mama have interesting charts, and the harder stuff like BatM and Mr. Crowley provide a stiff (but not unfair) challenge. If you're on the fence about the pack at all, don't think- just spring for it.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
urikobb3  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the videos I decided on getting the whole pack. Only song I wasn't keen on was Steal Away The Night, the rest were awesome.

I still suck at Bark at the Moon's second solo.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For fuck's sake, I should know better than to watch videos of a pack I'm not planning to get. Because now I've been reminded of how much I like BatM, but it seems wasteful to get a whole pack when I only like three or four of the songs.

EDIT: stuck to only buying Mr Crowley. Decided I couldn't justify the expense of the whole pack.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?

Last edited by thecaptainof on Tue May 31, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Crowley chart is really good, I don't like the solo patterns as much as in GHWT but the chart itself is done extremely well. Trill lanes make a lot of sense where placed. The drum outro does EASILY beat out GHWT's though, it looks like so much fun in rockband. Going to look at other charts now.

Adohu  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty fun pack, I didn't enjoy it as much the first time but when I played it again I enjoyed it much more. Diary of a Madman is very fun to play, as are some of the harder songs (I Don't Know, Over the Mountain, Bark at the Moon, Mr. Crowley... well I just named half of the pack xD). The trill lanes are still annoying as hell and I wish they were never created :|. But other than that the charting was pretty good for the most part and things flowed well. Much better overall than the first pack, but that comes as no surprise.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack is fucking amazing for guitarists. Best pack in a VERY, VERY long time.

The charting is actually good - they didn't go over-literal or over-"THIS IS MORE LIKE PLAYING ON A REAL GUITAR MMKAY" with any of these charts outside of a few small flourishes (for example there's a little annoying bit midway through the slower part of BatM's solo) which still flow very well.

No manual strums in the solos to over-complicate them, either, which is just fantastic. Huge props to Harmonix for charting BatM's 2nd solo the way they did lol!

If you're on the fence about buying this pack at all for whatever reason, and you're a guitarist, buy the fucking pack and quit crying about the BatM/MiCH pack exclusivity - they're both fantastic charts and wicked fun to play, and the pack as a whole comes at a bargain. I'm not even the biggest Ozzy fan myself but I'm immensely satisfied with the pack and I'm definitely going to play the shit out of it in the near future.

Oh, and WRT trill lanes: They definitely feel weird at times, but I comboed every trill in Mr. Crowley on my sightread lol. They DO work, just... I dunno, it feels like you can't quite play them exactly as you see the notes charted, you have to play "more" for slower trills to register, or something like that.

Anyway tl;dr: best pack in many months, buy it.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: