FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fun drum songs?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Fun drum songs? Reply with quote

I'm looking for some good drum songs to buy, the criteria for suggestions is below (though if u know an amazing song that isnt particularly what im looking for feel free to suggest).

1) I'm pretty much looking for stuff with lots of rolls, not necessarily WM speed but somewhat fast, varied types of roles

2)anything that has a loose, varied feel and isnt a real stickler for a pattern (stuff like the end of Magic Bus, Hey Joe towards the end (with all the fast rolls) is a good one)

Merci beaucoup.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRAGIC KINGDOM
daveson  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hook,line& sinner
mav1  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the peral jam ten songs seem fun. Alive, Even Flow, Once. Few varied fills thrown in. I heard that kool thing by Sonic Youth is a fun chart.
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drum Exercises for the Sufficiently Masochistic by Shylo Eliot

Red Barchetta by Rush

I probably have more suggestions, but none come to mind. :/

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Hobo111- thanks I'll check it out

@Daveson- already have it

@mav1- I have Once, don't know if i've played it on drums though. I'll check those out

@thewinnerisqeeq (or are those gs?)- i downloaded a demo for drum excercises ill have to look into it again and yes rush is fun ill needa look at red barchetta.

PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KISS Pack 01
- "100,000 Years (Live)" [My all-time favorite drum chart]
- "Deuce (Live)"
- "Parasite (Live)"

The Iron Maiden Pack
["Powerslave", "Hallowed...", and "Fear of the Dark" are my main picks, but the whole pack is recommended]

- "Bat Country" by Avenged Sevenfold

- "Sky is Over" by Serj Tankian
[Easy, but contains surprisingly fun sections]

- "Move Along" by All American Rejects

- "Tragic Kingdom" by No Doubt

- "Love Spreads" by The Stone Roses

- "Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm

- "Science Genius Girl" by Freezepop

- "Space Truckin'" by Deep Purple

- "Image of the Invisible" by Thrice

- "Going Mobile", "Summertime Blues", "Amazing Journey", and "Who Are You" by The Who

- "Limelight (Original Version)", "Red Barchetta", "Subdivisions", and others by Rush

- "Ocean Avenue" by Yellowcard

I'll add more if think of any, but these are the most prominent examples of fun songs I can come up with.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63

Last edited by PuppetMaster9 on Wed May 25, 2011 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Nintendorkhero  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Songs that immediately come to mind are Space Truckin', Science Genius Girl, Smooth Criminal, and Image Of The Invisible.
Actually, if you don't have Space Truckin' or Science Genius Girl, get them. Now. So much fun!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson has a lot of rolls and also a pretty loose, varied feel. If you haven't gotten the other Who stuff besides Magic Bus, it's all pretty similar, so check that out too. Ted... Just Admit It has a pretty loose feel for the first few minutes then suddenly goes insane in the last few and is a lot of fun (some of the other songs from Nothing's Shocking, particularly Had a Dad, Idiots Rule, and Ocean Size, are also pretty fun).

There's a lot of good RBN stuff too. Definitely check out anything by Bright Midnight, especially Hotel Saigon, Hand Me Down, and The Stanger. They've all got a loose, jazzy feel with a ton of fills and rolls (the drums don't come in during The Stranger's demo, but trust me, shortly after the demo ends they start getting awesome and stay that way for five minutes - if you try the others and want something similar but a bit more challenging, you'll love it). I'll also throw out Africa, all of the Children of Nova songs, and all of the Texas in July songs as some that I find really fun though, although I'm not sure if they match your description as well and The Complexity of Light, Elements, and Hook, Line and Sinner do not have pro drums if you want that.

I'll also echo Iron Maiden, KISS Pack 01, Love Spreads, Kool Thing, and Space Truckin' as other songs that might fit what you're looking for. I'll echo Move Along, Smooth Criminal, and Science Genius Girl too - I don't think they fit what you're looking for quite as well, but they're still a ton of fun (especially Science Genius Girl).
Arcanon  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to Drum Exercises, Shylo Elliott's "P.W.M.O." has several fun roll fills and two drum solos (the second of which is an ending solo full of rolls, double hits and other fun stuff). You may enjoy that one, though its main beats are pretty patterned.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Arcanon24
Capt.Howdy  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came in here to say Kool Thing, sounds like exactly what you want. But since other people have already mentioned that, I'll also say that Burning Down the House might be something to check out too. It's got lots of "rolls" that bounce around the pads and on off-beats, although they're not very fast.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Kool Thing

Also, any of the Chaothrope songs you'll probably love. All of them are wildly technical with rolls and junk, and most of them have drum solos. And if you're into double bass, XIV has a 2x bass version.

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sense a disturbing lack of A Better Forever by Sexton mentioned here. It has more rolls than you can shake a stick at, that are constantly changing, all in the middle of an extremely weird drum beat.

CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok you guys are being so much more helpful than I imagined, I won't even have enough money for all the suggestions

I have the entire Kiss pack and they are all indeed very fun (except for 100,000 years solo, lol).
I have all of the Iron Maiden songs which too are very fun.

I have Love Spreads, Smooth Criminal, Science Genius Girl, Space Truckin, Ocean Avenue, most Rush and like half of the Who, all Children of Nova except Arcaedion, Hook Line, and Sinner, and Elements, and (i think) Baptized by Fire by Chaotrope

Anything not mentioned up there I don't have so you guys definitely gave me a lot of good suggestions. Kool Thing seems to be suggested a lot so I'll definitely pick it up, Bright Midnight songs sound like a good fit, PWMO seems good, i like drum solos, i love image of the invisible and i remember seeing the chart which looked incredible and a better forever sounds awesome.

I'll probably start with those and then go on to the other suggestions too. Thanks a million guys, this was exactly what i hoped for and more. Thanks

And PS i have neither double bass or pro drums just as an fyi

xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're An American Band by Grand Funk Railroad, great song and drum chart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: