FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/19 DLC: Pantera, Peter Frampton, Andromeda (RBN)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alaska!!!!!!!!!

BigFatBob wrote:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, SUPERMAN, THOUGH. I ain't never seen a nigga puttin' a song on his back like that before, though!
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the mix up with Frampton..I had written up the announcement on Tuesday and could swear at that time the official announcement (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219838) had the X after DYFLWD but it's not there now. Dont know if they changed it or I misread it..probably the latter, sorry bout that. Will be fixed shortly.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pantera stuff is great on guitar. Nothing is too crazy or hard and they actually have a very consistent difficulty between them.

5 Minutes Alone or Mouth for War were probably my favorite to play in particular. I really didn't like to play the verse riff for I'm Broken, not that it's hard, but it's just one of those awkward bits as I'm not good with HOPO chords, but it probably has the funnest solo to play. Walk is good to, but not something I'd play often cause even as a Pantera fan, wearing a Pantera shirt while playing them, this song has been so overplayed by metal bands lol
s2kmatt  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great day for DLC is great

Kudos HMX, I'm actually picking up your full assortment of offerings today

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is Do You Feel Like We Do the new longest song? Is it 14 minutes like in GH5?
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwakamoley wrote:
So is Do You Feel Like We Do the new longest song?
If you're talking about RB3, then yes. If you're talking about in ALL the games, that belongs to the Abbey Road Medley which is 16 minutes long

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way: based on some info leaked from Sony this morning, it is likely that PS3 users will get this DLC on Saturday June 3rd.
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
By the way: based on some info leaked from Sony this morning, it is likely that PS3 users will get this DLC on Saturday June 3rd.
You mean FRIDAY

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
You mean FRIDAY
Guess so.

Anyway, pro guitar/bass has been removed for DYFLWD.
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up all of them this week, and they are all fun buys on guitar. The Pantera pack's songs were all fun. If I remember correctly, the hardest was Mouth for War and the funnest was 5 Minutes Alone (and 2nd place for each is the other). Walk is fun too, if anything because of how long overdue it is to be in a game. I'm Broken is pretty sweet, but probably the easiest one. If you liked it in GH:WoR, get it here too. The drums on all of the songs being not too bad (3 of them are 4 dots), with the exception of Mouth for War, which is ranked right at the very end of the Nightmare tier (other than Psychosocial). This one is by the fastest and might take a bit of endurance (but it's not too bad overall).

"Do You Feel Like We Do (Live)" is just pure awesomeness on guitar as well. Live tracks can be good sometimes, and when the track is off of one of the best-selling live albums of all-time, it's probably not bad for the game. It's nice to have one of the "epics" from GH5 on RB now, as the RB version is (almost) as fun. It's just as awesome of a track as you remember it... until the keyboard solo. That part you got to tap away on in GH5 is now obviously for keys players. It's still awesome that you can finally play it on a keyboard, but it was fun on guitar.

Harmonix is normally one to overtier songs, but here's one case where they untiered. This song is harder than 5 dots due to its A) 13-minute length and B) its ridiculous outro. It deserves it either way, but it should be a shoe-in considering songs like Icky Thump and School's Out (Live) manage to get devil dots, right? Nope, total unjustice to the song.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad they kept most of the outro on DYFLWD.

wtf is with the double bass charting on Mouth for War. I havent reeeeeeeeeally been keeping up with HMX's charting, but has that become their new charting style for double bass? if so, ewwwwwwwwwwwww

machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:

wtf is with the double bass charting on Mouth for War. I havent reeeeeeeeeally been keeping up with HMX's charting, but has that become their new charting style for double bass? if so, ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Oh man, I hadn't watched the full drum chart until I saw your comment, and yeah, that's absolutely bizarre charting.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's constant 16th note bass

Reduced to

But to answer your question, no, this doesn't seem to be a harmonix standard. We don't have much else to compare it to, but I'd assume this is just a standalone incident of bizarre decision making.
xboxpro57  

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody feel like making an Alaska drums vid? I'm without a drum set right now and would love to see this chart

Mystakin  

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Yusuke wrote:

Oh man, I hadn't watched the full drum chart until I saw your comment, and yeah, that's absolutely bizarre charting.

Reduced to

But to answer your question, no, this doesn't seem to be a harmonix standard. We don't have much else to compare it to, but I'd assume this is just a standalone incident of bizarre decision making.

I noticed this as well. Very odd, and as far as I know the first time they've authored something like that outside of Hard( if Expert has a chart that looks like what machete put but at a much slower tempo they'll opt to reduce this way. ). Don't really like seeing it creep into Expert, though... would've preferred it the old way.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:

Reduced to

Maybe they are trying to solve a problem where the double bass chart is against the guidelines but the reduced part is "too easy". But yeah, it looks like that kind of charting totally changes the feel of the song so I'm not in favor of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: