FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/19 DLC: Pantera, Peter Frampton, Andromeda (RBN)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlorisJan wrote:
I'm going to pick up everything this week!

Also, kind of funny we get 2 songs named "Walk" within 2 weeks of each other.

When the foo fighters came out, I looked at the dlc files, and its actually titled walkfoo

And i forgot which, but had a comment in the stage section of the songs.dta and said something a long the lines of, leave this 0, or the tiering order will be broken and then everyone complain on the forums.
BathTub  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're out.

Do You Feel Like We Do (Live) - Peter Frampton - Rock Band 3 - Expert Guitar from Dogmatic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdjyyLPNLVE
diablocon  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 solos!? Does that put it on equal terms with Hangar 18 in the "Most Solos" category, or does H18 have 9 solos?

Also, I think those three talkbox solos are the reason it didn't get a Pro Chart, it was probably too difficult to chart them accurately.

Finally, only tier 5 guitar? That last solo looks like absolute murder.

Anyway, I was on the fence about getting it, but now I have to, the singer singing along to the talkbox was enough to sell me on it.
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, why the fuck does Harmonix insist on charting "differently" and having high-low patterns FLIPPED on the chart? Among other things.

The first solo has descending quads that blatantly SOUND like zigzags.

Shortly afterward, it has ascending scales where the BO is a lower tone than the GRY.

I fucking hate Harmonix's guitar charts. I love this song and I probably won't buy it because the chart is such obvious bullshit.

The GH5 chart is so ridiculously better (even discounting the keytar mapping making some stretches MUCH more interesting) it's just doubly hilarious how much shit Neversoft always gets for their charting practices.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
fUNC  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody played the Pantera songs yet? I only have enough money for two (not counting Frampton, which was an auto-buy regardless) and am completely torn on which of the four to get.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:
God, why the fuck does Harmonix insist on charting "differently" and having high-low patterns FLIPPED on the chart? Among other things.

Shortly afterward, it has ascending scales where the BO is a lower tone than the GRY.

I fucking hate Harmonix's guitar charts. I love this song and I probably won't buy it because the chart is such obvious bullshit.

The GH5 chart is so ridiculously better (even discounting the keytar mapping making some stretches MUCH more interesting) it's just doubly hilarious how much shit Neversoft always gets for their charting practices.

Doesn't HMX usually chart it similar to how it would actually be played on a guitar? If you're moving to a lower string, you can definitely have a "higher" fret create a lower pitched note than a "lower" fret on a higher string. That's usually how you play runs like that on the real thing. I think Neversoft tends to go based on how it actually sounds and treats it as if you had a single string only and you couldn't do that. I'm not saying one is necessarily better than the other. They're two different charting styles, and I know my brother (the real guitar player in the house) likes HMX charts better because of it. I tend to lean towards the other style personally, but I'm mostly indifferent as long as it's fun.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:

Man get over yourself. HMX doesn't "insist" on charting "differently" for it's own sake. If it's not the GH5 chart then they have their reasons for it. Deal with it. I'm not saying the chart is necessarily accurate (haven't played it yet), but I'm more inclined to trust the team of musicians who've been authoring for years and have access to the solo'd master guitar stems over some random guy on a forum who says "the descending quads sound like zigsags FUCK HARMONIX"
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
8 solos!? Does that put it on equal terms with Hangar 18 in the "Most Solos" category, or does H18 have 9 solos?

That ties it with Hangar 18, but both are still behind Nihilanth, which has 9.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: 5/19 DLC: Pantera, Peter Frampton, Andromeda (RBN)! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii on May 19th, 2011:

• 5 Minutes Alone by Pantera (X)

• I'm Broken by Pantera

• Mouth For War by Pantera

• Walk by Pantera (X)

• Do You Feel Like We Do (Live) by Peter Frampton

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(PlayStation®3 users will be lucky if they can download DLC by June)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Pantera Pack 01” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points, 700 Wii Points) for Pantera Pack 01

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• The Fall Of Aphonia by Children Of Nova (160 MSP)

• Serial Killer by Damone (80 MSP)

• Death Metal Guys by Reverend Horton Heat (160 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Alaska by Between The Buried And Me
    Chart previews:

• Another Step by Andromeda
    Chart previews:

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3 (or will be when PSN comes back), and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33977
blob  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Foo?

It's frampton, btw, not the Foo

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blob wrote:
More Foo?

It's frampton, btw, not the Foo

In our defense, most of the time it would be correct to include the Foos :-P
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frampton doesn't have Pro Guitar either
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
Frampton doesn't have Pro Guitar either

Fixed the announcement, we'll have to update the DB too.
xboxpro57  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on the DLC? I'm currently at work. I'll be picking up the Frampton song today, and maybe Pantera depending on how the charts look. Pantera would be a buy for me based on chart enjoyabilitly and difficulty. Whereas Frampton is a party favorite I look forward to adding to my collection.

EDIT: OMG "Alaska" came out today!? Woooo this is the best DLC day I've had in about a month.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: