FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/19 DLC: Pantera, Peter Frampton, Andromeda (RBN)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
diablocon wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
I can see myself getting DYFLWD, even though I own it on GH. It's just one of those songs you have to own across both games.

Plus points for having an entire keys chart now, instead of the guitar and key tracks being spliced into one chart. This does mean that the guitar chart is going to hit a massive lull during the keyboard section though. :/

Also, all I can think about is The Simpsons episode where he appears ("Do you feel... Do you feel..." *Frantically stomping pedal*). I demand a giant inflatable pig for my band now.

Ah dammit! Homer Simpson wrecks my pig, Cypress Hill steals my orchestra, and Sonic Youth is in my cooler!

"c'mon Mr. Frampton, you're not gonna eat all that watermelon!"

GET OUT OF THERE YOU KIDS!

That's pretty much exactly what I was going to post.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAnimeCow wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
Hopefully I'm Broken won't be broken this time.

/Smartass

I do wonder though, what was wrong with the GH6 version in your opinion?

I think he's referring to the Rock Rev DLC ( which had many broken chords iirc )

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
diablocon wrote:
Also, all I can think about is The Simpsons episode where he appears ("Do you feel... Do you feel..." *Frantically stomping pedal*). I demand a giant inflatable pig for my band now.

Ah dammit! Homer Simpson wrecks my pig, Cypress Hill steals my orchestra, and Sonic Youth is in my cooler!

"c'mon Mr. Frampton, you're not gonna eat all that watermelon!"

GET OUT OF THERE YOU KIDS!

"Remember, don't trust anyone over 30! And now, Peter Frampton!"

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
I can see myself getting DYFLWD, even though I own it on GH. It's just one of those songs you have to own across both games.

Plus points for having an entire keys chart now, instead of the guitar and key tracks being spliced into one chart. This does mean that the guitar chart is going to hit a massive lull during the keyboard section though. :/

Listening to the song...I just realized that's the only part of it I know. O_o

May pick up Walk at some time in the future.
FlorisJan  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to pick up everything this week!

Also, kind of funny we get 2 songs named "Walk" within 2 weeks of each other.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
TheAnimeCow wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
Hopefully I'm Broken won't be broken this time.

/Smartass

I do wonder though, what was wrong with the GH6 version in your opinion?

I think he's referring to the Rock Rev DLC ( which had many broken chords iirc )
Including a unpossible combo break which still has never been figured out, and still is Un-FCed to this day.
Bront  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
NO FRAMPTON PRO GUITAR?! WTF HARMONIX!! IT'S FUCKING FRAMPTON!!

...not buying anything this week now.

It's possible the track wasn't up to par for pro, or they didn't want to open the floodgates of folks wanting to make their guitar talk.

Just Frampton for me, but who knows what will be available when the PSN comes back.

Songs: Just over 1000.
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

To clarify, it doesn't actually have any broken chords, just a few broken notes in the solo that can be hit by strumming twice (though this is ridiculously hard to do at the speed of the solo) and one note in the solo that causes an unavoidable combo break. You can hit the note itself but it has never been comboed past...as of yet nobody knows why/how to combo past it/what the hell is going on with this note. I have (in the past) personally spent over an hour trying to figure out how to combo past this one note and never made any headway. And I tried literally everything I could think of...even really silly things like simply not playing the note and playing other notes/chords instead of it.

5 Minutes Alone is the one with lots of broken chords. All of those broken chords are hittable, but they're not easy to hit by any means and nobody has come close to FCing the song.

Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
DVDSmith wrote:
NO FRAMPTON PRO GUITAR?! WTF HARMONIX!! IT'S FUCKING FRAMPTON!!

...not buying anything this week now.

It's possible the track wasn't up to par for pro, or they didn't want to open the floodgates of folks wanting to make their guitar talk.

It might just be the length of the song. I'm pretty sure this will be the longest song in Rock Band besides the Abbey Road medley, and they've said authoring pro guitar and bass takes a huge amount of time. Considering how prominent the guitar is in this song, it seems like an obvious choice for pro guitar, the only reason that I can think of for it not to have it is that it would probably take forever to chart.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly sure though, there is a lot of the song that has no guitar. Plus, there's a BRE, but they normally chart those underneath anyway.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
I'm fairly sure though, there is a lot of the song that has no guitar. Plus, there's a BRE, but they normally chart those underneath anyway.

oh man that just made me realize like the best part of the song is gonna get BREd D:

Mystakin  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:

oh man that just made me realize like the best part of the song is gonna get BREd D:

You heard it here first, folks. Best part of DYFLWD live is not the actual song... not the iconic talk-box moment... but rather the ending where he repeats a 3-note lick at random speeds and then strums some chords. Damn, missing a whole lot with that one.

At least if they put the BRE in the sensible spot. Which is a whole 'nother argument unto itself.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for more Frampton along side and DYFLID Pro Upgrades, Still good though, I wonder if they'll chart the Talk Box to a harmony part?

Aiming for all Rock Band DLC: 809 out of 1391 (582 left)
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYFLWD will have an awesome keys chart, but the guitar chart probably won't be that fun.

werelord  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
DYFLWD will have an awesome keys chart, but the guitar chart probably won't be that fun.

Why? Just the one blank spot during the key solo, everything else will remain sam-ish as GH5 chart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: