FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hitoshura: 25 or 6 to 4 pro guitar progress - 546k and climbing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
googleimage  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of any relevant criteria that would make Llama anything but the hardest disc song for pro bass - and in my opinion, it really isn't all that close.

Gold starring that song is just unbelievable - as far as single-chart achievements go, that is one of the best I've ever seen. I consider squeeeeaking a 5-star as my top solo achievement - how anyone can manage a gold-star is something I just can't comprehend.
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a new toy! I'm looking forward to making some RB videos now. Llama's coming along pretty well. I got a new high score on video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0j31259hLE

Missed in both "hard" parts, and in (I think) two other places. I hit all of these parts in real runs tonight, though. I just hope I can put everything together in one run soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually going to happen... Llama will be FCed on pro bass. Awesome GS!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro FBFC? ;)
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing job, Hito! (which doesn't really mean much coming from someone who will probably never play with pro instruments, much less be able to actually be good at them anyways). I eagerly await the FC!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly couldn't read a couple of those sections at full speed during the guitar solo the first time I watched this and you hit them. Good luck on this.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice job with that. I think Free Bird edges it out just a little bit for hardest song though, I'd like to see you FC that after Llama.
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching that video was absolutely ridiculous. I recently picked up real bass, and I cannot imagine ever playing that on an engine like Rock Band. This would definitely be one of the best FCs in rhythm gaming, and it really does seem like you're close. Honestly, this almost reminds me of Visions :P I'm really looking forward to the FC, I'm behind you all the way.

Also, I just want to tell you that should get REALLY good at the little streak at the very end. Even if you think it's easy, you definitely don't want to miss that section if you have the FC. Remember than your hands will be sweaty and tired, so yeah, just make sure you've got that 100% down Good luck!

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mazegeek999PSN: Thanks, I hope so! I'll be pretty busy with Umloud! stuff for the rest of the week, but I'm hoping to put some serious effort into Llama this weekend.

blingdomepiece: Lol, find me someone who can play that chaos in the (pro) guitar solo consistently, and we'll see.

voidedalive2x: Thanks for the encouragement!

HellAshes: Yeah, I struggled for a long time with the guitar solo sections, particularly solo C, but it's finally started to click. There are still two parts that are really hard for me to physically play (and one has an OD phrase), but hopefully consistency will come with more practice.

Hobo111: Yeah, well that's just, like, your opinion, man. j/k Free Bird does indeed have some really tricky parts and will be a monster to FC, but the hardest part might be sitting through the first half over and over and OVER. It was bad enough just going for the 5*.

Xpertlefty13: Thanks! I agree with you about it being like Visions, as for both of them (at least for me), the first time I saw/played either chart it was like a kick in the teeth compared to all my prior experience with the instrument (for Visions, drums especially). And yes, that might be a contender for Worst Choke Ever. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Funny story: When I first tried recording this, I realized that the capture looked kinda crappy because I have my calibration set around 80 ms video/5ms audio, so the "gems" were popping way after the line. I never really notice it when playing, but I somehow feel more of a disconnect when watching gameplay footage like that, and find it really annoying. So, I tried recording at 0/0 just for the hell of it, and discovered the video lag offset doesn't really affect me when playing pro g/b, at least when going for FCs. I found that I rely almost entirely on the audio to stay on beat, where the video is just there to remind me what's coming up next. With pro g/b, I'm not reading and reacting to what's crossing the line (thinking about what my fingers are doing now), but rather am thinking a beat or so ahead (what my fingers will be doing next). So, looking at the top of the lane when the notes first appear is good enough for me if I already know the song pretty well.

There's no way I can play legacy guitar like that, though (I tried afterwards). I think it's because I don't use memorization much with legacy guitar, relying instead on sightreading and reaction speed, whereas memorization is essential with pro. I actually find it harder to memorize legacy guitar charts than pro ones for whatever reason.

All that to say, the Llama video was recorded at 0/0, rather than 80/5, because it looks better on camera.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitoshura wrote:
There's no way I can play legacy guitar like that, though (I tried afterwards). I think it's because I don't use memorization much with legacy guitar, relying instead on sightreading and reaction speed, whereas memorization is essential with pro. I actually find it harder to memorize legacy guitar charts than pro ones for whatever reason.

I do sightread pro alot, but once I learned a riff, or any parts, it stays there. I tried to play a legacy chart on performance mode on RB2 and I never were able to, now I can on pro keys fairly easily. I can't beat any of my legacy scores now this is ridiculous XD.
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternity wrote:
I do sightread pro alot, but once I learned a riff, or any parts, it stays there. I tried to play a legacy chart on performance mode on RB2 and I never were able to, now I can on pro keys fairly easily. I can't beat any of my legacy scores now this is ridiculous XD.

Glad it's not just me.

Unrelated, but I just noticed this, and thought it was pretty cool. I'm in the Headliner band this year, and we're playing "Somebody To Love" by Jefferson Airplane and "Somebody To Love (RB3 Version)" by Queen, so those are two of the scavenger hunt songs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Xpertlefty13 wrote:
I just want to tell you that should get REALLY good at the little streak at the very end. Even if you think it's easy, you definitely don't want to miss that section if you have the FC. Remember than your hands will be sweaty and tired, so yeah, just make sure you've got that 100% down Good luck!

It seems that you are, unfortunately, a prophet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a drag. I guess I can relate; I choked that spot on pro keys before.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tear just rolled down my cheek.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kingyami3SH
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingyami3 wrote:
A tear just rolled down my cheek.

More that just A tear should be rolling.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 24 of 27

Jump to: