FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hitoshura: 25 or 6 to 4 pro guitar progress - 546k and climbing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- True Music Fan (+143, COMPLETE!)

Finally got this one out of the way; saved "End It on This" for #1,000. No more low-hanging fruit now. Time to start putting in some real work for these last goals. I have no idea which might be "easiest," so I'll just work on one instrument until I hit a wall, then move to another. Harmonies will happen whenever I can get two friends together to grind for them with me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's crazy! I recently got the Completionist as well, but I couldn't imagine getting all that many goals. I just barely managed to get enough.

With the "Every Triple Awesome" goal, does it have to be done on Expert or could it be done on any difficulty?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 3 really hard goals and one pretty hard goal. The harmonies thankfully can be done on any difficulty, but either way, getting 3 people together able to FC Good Vibrations, even on easy, is pretty hard. That'll fall pretty quick I imagine. The other 2, well, good luck my friend.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBrain: Congratulations on reaching Completionist status! Even almost a year later, I think only like 50 people have got that cross-platform. Just so you know, getting normal goals after becoming Completionists yields ~11.6 million per goal instead of ~1.3 million, so the fans add up a lot faster. As malkieriking says, the harmonies can be done on any difficulty, but just like with Beatles: RB, getting three reasonably-skilled vocalists with the will to grind for the triple awesomes into one room together is probably the most difficult aspect of that goal. That's why not very many people have the "All the Children Sing" achievement on TB:RB.

malkieriking: It took three of us the better part of a weekend to do this same harmony challenge on TB:RB for that achievement, though that's probably because we did it three separate times (one for each gamertag). It seemed unfair to only get it to count for one of us. I agree that Every Triple Awesome will probably be the first (maybe the only) one to fall, as there is at least one absolutely ridiculous song on-disc for each pro instrument.

I've heard that the PS3 fan count leaderboard was glitched so that the top two people have over 2 billion. Something to do with their save file getting corrupted, and the fans counting a second time when they redid the goals. Apparently HMX fixed the problem so that it doesn't happen any more, but those two still remain at the top. Fortunately, it seems that the 360 leaderboard is still intact.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Expert Pro Bass 5* (+8): Radar Love, The Con, Hey Man Nice Shot, This Bastard's Life, Rainbow in the Dark, The Power of Love, Oh My God, Walk of Life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I wish I could complete that goal! (Not only do I suck at Pro Bass, I literaly cannot do the goal, as I have a Squier)

Good luck!

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:
I literaly cannot do the goal, as I have a Squier

Thanks! But I'm not sure what you mean here. The Squier can do anything that the Mustang can. The only difference that I can think of is if you're playing an unpatched RB3, songs where the chart goes above fret 17 will yield zero stars. But they fixed this bug with the latest patch (at least on X360 and PS3). If it's something to do with the sensitivity, there are various fixes (can be found on rockband.com) to adjust your Squier to work properly, though some might void your warranty.

Edit: Took a second look and saw that you're on Wii. That sucks; it's too bad they can't patch for Wii somehow.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a truly unique set of goals, I don't think anyone else on SH is ambitious enough to try something like this. If you need help with any triple awesomes, just fly out to Massachusetts and we'll be more than willing to grind it out

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're doing pretty awesome with the in game goals

you have more Pro Bass 5*s than i do, and you've 5*ed way more songs on Pro Guitar than i can pass

i'm assuming that you've already passed all songs on Pro Guitar and Pro Bass, completed all of the pro guitar lessons and song trainers and 5*ed all songs on Pro Drums, which is pretty amazing as well

good luck finishing the remaining goals

5*ing Roundabout on Pro Keys is going to be tough (i've 5*ed the whole setlist other than Roundabout and i can't even get 4*s on it)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Expert Pro Bass 5* (+9): Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before, I Got You (I Feel Good), Last Dance, Lasso, 20th Century Boy, In A Big Country, False Alarm, Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, Bohemian Rhapsody, Centerfold

Also, I've been working a lot on Antibodies Pro Bass. I normally wouldn't take a picture of a non-5 star run, but I was really proud of my progress on this one. Theoretically I can 5 star this with a good run, as I've hit everything at some point except the outro section. Just a matter of consistency. ~4.66 stars, and 2nd place on the XBL leaderboard by a good amount, but 1st is really high.

HyadesNobody009: Wow, that's very kind of you to say. Thanks for the encouragement! And I would love to visit Massachusetts, were it not for logistical impediments (money, time, etc.). I do so love singing harmonies with others, but rarely get a chance to do so.

megallica: Thanks! I might have more 5 stars than you, but you're tearing up the FCs. Don't know if I could do that. Grinding for FCs really takes it out of me, as there's no room for error. At least when going for 5 stars I don't have to do as many restarts (or chokes). And yes, I've completed all those goals you mentioned. The hardest were probably the song trainers, especially for Pro Guitar. Also, as you say, I fully expect that Roundabout on Pro Keys will kick my ass, but I've felt that way about so many other things in this game (that I've since overcome) that I've learned to never say never. So... we'll see.

Last edited by Hitoshura on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitoshura wrote:
jawnintendo wrote:
I literaly cannot do the goal, as I have a Squier

Thanks! But I'm not sure what you mean here. The Squier can do anything that the Mustang can. The only difference that I can think of is if you're playing an unpatched RB3, songs where the chart goes above fret 17 will yield zero stars. But they fixed this bug with the latest patch (at least on X360 and PS3). If it's something to do with the sensitivity, there are various fixes (can be found on rockband.com) to adjust your Squier to work properly, though some might void your warranty.

Edit: Took a second look and saw that you're on Wii. That sucks; it's too bad they can't patch for Wii somehow.

Yep, I'm on the Wii, and since Jerry Was a Race Car Driver is the only song with a seperate Squier chart for Pro Bass, I can't get any stars on it, unless I get a Mustang, and I don't want to. At least the other 82 songs are unaffected...

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Expert Pro Bass 5* (+7): Fly Like an Eagle, One Armed Scissor, 25 or 6 to 4, Crosstown Traffic, China Grove, Crazy Train, Combat Baby

- Pardon Me PRO OMBFC: Not sure if it's possible to get all the double harmonies by yourself (with 2 mics), but I came close.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome job with your Pardon Me PROMBFC

i know those are never easy

btw, since i couldn't find a video of it, how hard was the Pro Guitar part?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pro Guitar part wasn't too bad. It's always nice when they put a muted strum between different chords to allow more time to transition. There were a couple of tricky chord changes, though, without the muted strum in between. It's ALL chords, which is great if that's your thing. Personally, I would have loved to see the acoustic version charted. I hope they come out with more stuff that is designed for fingerpicking, as that's how I started learning to play guitar. I'm still not that great with a pick, but I've gotten a lot better since working on pro guitar/bass.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Expert Pro Bass 5* (+5): In the Meantime, No One Knows, Me Enamora, Smoke on the Water, Before I Forget

8 songs left... and they're all either tough or REALLY tough. Sort of figured out Beast and the Harlot (~4.5 stars) by using my index and middle fingers for "authentic" upstrumming. It seems that either (a) the Mustang is better suited to fingerpicking due to its string looseness, or (b) I just suck at using a pick and need to get better. Or (c) both. Also, Dead End Friends should really be Impossible tier on Pro Bass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 2 of 27

Jump to: