FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB1 - Master FC Breakdown Project - Thread 1 - Final List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popesweetjesus  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit Rock City much too high
megallica  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malkieriking wrote:
After looking at the list, the one thing that sticks out to me is Wave of Mutilation being about 6 spots out of place. A revisit of that would satisfy me greatly.

i second this

that little chord strumming lick is more difficult to me than anything in The Hand That Feeds, which is several spots higher

nothing else is so far off that it matters to me

there are a handful of songs that i would move one or two places up or down, but that's not really enough of a change to matter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Creep is massively overrated here. It should at least be ranked easier than FP/LT

In addition, FP/LT and FwD should be switched. The descending trips and zigzag in FP/LT are far harder than anything in FwD's solo. Not to mention that the former is much longer than the latter

Finally I feel that RttH is overrated here too. It is definitely easier than both TKAR and Highway Star (the latter of which I feel is undeniably #57)
megallica  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
I feel like Creep is massively overrated here. It should at least be ranked easier than FP/LT

In addition, FP/LT and FwD should be switched. The descending trips and zigzag in FP/LT are far harder than anything in FwD's solo. Not to mention that the former is much longer than the latter

Finally I feel that RttH is overrated here too. It is definitely easier than both TKAR and Highway Star (the latter of which I feel is undeniably #57)

i actually disagree with every part of what you posted

i had a fairly easy time FCing FP/LT, i haven't FCed Creep yet and i would have to grind it for a long time to FC it

i've never hit FwD's solo, even in practice, and again i had an easy time with FP/LT (the trips and trills really aren't that hard. all over the place fretting like FwD's solo is much more difficult for me than trips and trills)

also, FwD is much more difficult than FP/LT outside of solos

and i can't even come close to hitting RttH's solo, but i'm pretty close on all of TKAR's solos, and i had an easy time FCing Highway Star, which if anything should move down in my opinion, and RttH is undeniably #57 as far as i'm concerned

i suppose i do agree that FP/LT is longer than FwD, since it's a fact, not an opinion

honestly, i think you're just way too good at fretting, and you're overqualified to FC any of the fretting sections in these songs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'll third (or fourth or whatever) the call for Wave of Mutilation re-consideration.
popesweetjesus  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave of Mutilation could move one spot up just ahead of When You Were Young, but as far as I am concerned it is in the perfect place as is. Really short song with one quick strumming fill that would take 2 seconds to learn in practice.

Also, the solo in The Hand that Feeds is much harder than the strumming fill in Wave of Mutilation to whoever posted that.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popesweetjesus wrote:
Wave of Mutilation could move one spot up just ahead of When You Were Young, but as far as I am concerned it is in the perfect place as is. Really short song with one quick strumming fill that would take 2 seconds to learn in practice.

Also, the solo in The Hand that Feeds is much harder than the strumming fill in Wave of Mutilation to whoever posted that.

Wave of Mutilation's strumming fill is barely any different than the strumming fills in Orange Crush, and Orange Crush has more. Therefore I agree with you. If it were to move up, it would be no more than one spot, above When You Were Young.
megallica  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popesweetjesus wrote:

it really isn't

i've never missed the solo in The Hand That Feeds, and i've missed the strumming fill in Wave of Mutilation plenty of times

the most difficult part of the solo would be this section of the repeating pattern:

and you can play it like this

if anything, the most difficult part of The Hand That Feeds is this chord pattern:

and it's much easier to hit that pattern one time than to hit the WoM strumming fill one time, which was my point

the chord pattern in The Hand That Feeds repeats for the last few sections, so if you aren't consistent at it, it might be more difficult for you to FC the entire ending than hitting WoM's strumming fill once, but i never miss anywhere in The Hand That Feeds, and i miss the WoM strumming fill about half the time unless i practice it first

i'm not suggesting that WoM should be ranked higher than THTF, but for me it's more difficult

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Wave of Mutilation's strumming fill is barely any different than the strumming fills in Orange Crush, and Orange Crush has more. Therefore I agree with you. If it were to move up, it would be no more than one spot, above When You Were Young.

Okay, here's the WoM strumming:

_ at 8.8 NPS

Here's the Orange Crush strumming

at 8.0 NPS

The WoM one is a lot harder for me at least because of the odd rhythm to it, there's a break in the middle and then it continues off-beat.

Anyway I think there are enough people saying that we should revisit it, so let's. Maybe it won't move, maybe it will.
popesweetjesus  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obviously you would down strum the first doublet and then alt strum the rest.

To Megallica: this isn't a question of easiest tech fc or easiest sightread fc, but easiest fc overall.

The strumming fill in you may not fc your first time because you don't know the pattern, but if you know what is coming then it isn't hard at all.

The Hand That Feeds solo transition to the GR chords is pretty awkward imo, and that repeats multiple times, plus the chords after the solo in tHtF are harder than the chords after the WoM solo meaning its more chokable.

I think the fact that Orange Crush has 3 streaks, one of them being an outro streak definitely puts it above WoV which only has 1.
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that Wave of Mutilation's strumming streak leads straight into a chord change from BO to GY. That, besides the strumming being hard on its own, makes it harder than 7th.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the way revisions are supposed to work is that once enough people say they'd like to revisit the song, then we do a poll of which songs should this be between, with spaces, then narrow it down more. We could argue about this for a long time, but the point of doing the thread this way is so we can reach some sort of consensus then move on.
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I think Wave of Mutilation has warranted a revisit based on the amount of nomination and discussion it's generated:

Between which 2 songs would you put Wave Of Mutilation?

I Think I'm Paranoid (1)
Here It Goes Again (4)
In Bloom (10)
Learn To Fly (13)
Say It Ain't So (16)

I think it belongs between In Bloom and Learn to Fly; Learn To Fly has its tough 3 note chords, but the strumming is harder than In Bloom's solo.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
megallica  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malkieriking wrote:
I think it belongs between In Bloom and Learn to Fly; Learn To Fly has its tough 3 note chords, but the strumming is harder than In Bloom's solo.

i agree

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say between Learn to Fly and Say It Ain't So.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 66 of 67

Jump to: