FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Keyboardist Rivalry! Taking sign-ups/Goals added!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
Ooh, another question:

Do we have to play one-handed?

How you play the songs does not matter, as long as you are using the keyboard

EDIT: I have added goals for ALL tier levels, so let's get this rolling guys! If anybody would like me to change them or add more, such as DLC goals or something, let me know.

Also, I don't think I mentioned it, but for picture/video proof, I will not be very strict, but if you CAN, please just snap a picture of the stats or of the leaderboard even. If it is an FC, please include the streak and notes hit, because it is really easy to overhit one of the keys and only get 100%. If it is a video for a no fail pass, video would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Stays in my signature until another Rush album comes out as DLC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:

How would he know if you were playing one or two-handed?
Lemme rephrase that.

Is it encouraged to play one-handed?

Oh, I got ninja'd. I'll make a start on these goals tomorrow.

EDIT: Can I have a goal relating to a Billy Joel song in Tier 3? I have (Prelude/Angry Young Man, Seen The Lights Go Out On Broadway, Scenes From An Italian Restaurant, and She's Always A Woman) I really like playing these songs on Keytar, and would like some motivation to play them on Keys.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:

EDIT: Can I have a goal relating to a Billy Joel song in Tier 3? I have (Prelude/Angry Young Man, Seen The Lights Go Out On Broadway, Scenes From An Italian Restaurant, and She's Always A Woman) I really like playing these songs on Keytar, and would like some motivation to play them on Keys.

Well, those songs are really difficult, so I'm not exactly sure what to make for goals. Do you think you could pass them? Broadway isn't too bad, but the other three are bonkers. :P

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RushJunkie3 wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:

Well, those songs are really difficult, so I'm not exactly sure what to make for goals. Do you think you could pass them? Broadway isn't too bad, but the other three are bonkers. :P
I'll get back to you on that one, when I play them tomorrow.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I'll add Broadway pass for the time being.

Skyp1e  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to participate.

And I would (if I haven't misunderstood how this works), like to do "Nightmare Tier". I'm on Xbox.

The only problem is I don't have Head Like A Hole.

Will this be an issue?

I see in the first post that you're taking suggestions about songs.

Maybe you can substitute or at least add, Through The Fire and Flames to Nightmare?

Also, unless I missed it somewhere, this requires playing the songs on "Expert", right?
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@skype: Just an FYI, this rivalry is for Keys, not Pro Keys.
megallica  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
@skype: Just an FYI, this rivalry is for Keys, not Pro Keys.

he posted on the first page saying he saw it was standard keys, but might join anyway

Skyp1e wrote:

And I would (if I haven't misunderstood how this works), like to do "Nightmare Tier". I'm on Xbox.

you're referring to the Nonsensical Tier listed in the OP, right?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick me in there at tier 2, I'll give this a go.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyp1e wrote:
I'd like to participate.

Will this be an issue?

Maybe you can substitute or at least add, Through The Fire and Flames to Nightmare?

Also, unless I missed it somewhere, this requires playing the songs on "Expert", right?

Well this is still normal keys, if you plan on doing that. And it doesn't matter what songs you have or don't have. Just get what goals you can for what songs you have. I'll add you to the list.

Also, what type of goal do you want TTFAF to be? GS? 5*?
EDIT: Yes, Expert only, please.

Skyp1e  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RushJunkie3 wrote:
Skyp1e wrote:
I'd like to participate.

Will this be an issue?

Well this is still normal keys, if you plan on doing that. And it doesn't matter what songs you have or don't have. Just get what goals you can for what songs you have. I'll add you to the list.

Also, what type of goal do you want TTFAF to be? GS? 5*?
EDIT: Yes, Expert only, please.

I dunno. Whatever you think is best.

ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I've learned today: I am absolutely fucking awful at chords.

Now, some goals Sorry I couldn't get video proof for these, would you be able to accept a picture?

And I passed Imagine (stupidly forgetting to take a picture), but if you want me to redo it for proof, I'm sure I can squeeze that in my busy schedule.

Another thing I'm proud of:

If you want that to be a goal, feel free.
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is really BOOMing today! Keep it up keyboardists, you guys make me proud :''')

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add that as a goal, the more the better.

And I'll be trustworthy and accept no proof if you absolutely can't or forget to. And for videos, I guess it's fine without it too, just try to get it if you can.

ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, I have 6 goals done.

I know we're not trying to totally rip off the drum thread, but why not have a checklist formatted like the drum one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: