FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Whats the Difference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SiLv3RizGood  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Whats the Difference Reply with quote

Except the price of course

http://rockbandparts.com/ION_Replacement_Drum_pad.html

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Alesis-DMPad-Single-Zone-Pad-712767-i1522253.gc

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It SEEMS like the second one is made of a different material, but I can't tell for sure.
Graf  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference seems to be that the Alesis pad that costs $69.00 is compatible with other kits, and might be of slightly higher quality than the standard ION replacement pad, despite both being made by the same manufacturer and looking virtually identical. I am not sure if the replacement ION pad is compatible with other kits the same way the other Alesis pad is, but that is one of the key features they are advertising on the website. If you are just getting a replacement pad for your ION kit, I would advise the Mylar pads (also available from Rock Band Parts), as they are definitely superior to the stock ION replacement pad, and they are still cheaper than the Alesis pad.

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
The difference seems to be that the Alesis pad that costs $69.00 is compatible with other kits, and might be of slightly higher quality than the standard ION replacement pad, despite both being made by the same manufacturer and looking virtually identical. I am not sure if the replacement ION pad is compatible with other kits the same way the other Alesis pad is, but that is one of the key features they are advertising on the website. If you are just getting a replacement pad for your ION kit, I would advise the Mylar pads (also available from Rock Band Parts), as they are definitely superior to the stock ION replacement pad, and they are still cheaper than the Alesis pad.

Hope this helps

Does Mylar come with replacement pads, I need to replace 3 pads

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLv3RizGood wrote:
Graf wrote:

Hope this helps

Does Mylar come with replacement pads, I need to replace 3 pads
Mylars ARE replacement pads.
SiLv3RizGood  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you just replace the rubber that comes with the IONs with the Mylar

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLv3RizGood wrote:
I thought you just replace the rubber that comes with the IONs with the Mylar

'Course not. They're different pads entirely. Just with presumably better sensitivity and more rebound (and unfortunately, more noise).

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: