FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB Expert Drums FSFC Breakdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm stupid and not a hardcore enough drummer, but is there any reason Rob the Prez-o-dent isn't showing up on people's lists?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
Maybe I'm stupid and not a hardcore enough drummer, but is there any reason Rob the Prez-o-dent isn't showing up on people's lists?
I think it borders on some people's lists, as some people think it's balls-out hard, and some find it really easy.
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:
I think it borders on some people's lists, as some people think it's balls-out hard, and some find it really easy.

Just wondering. Some of the songs that have been coming up I could easily get if I gave a damn at all about drums.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:

I'm relatively bad at that song, but even the spaz fill is relatively simple after figured out. I can definitely understand why it would be high up on the list though, because it does contain some fairly annoying sections.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Nintendorkhero  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught in a Mosh should probably be in the top 20 (WTF drum fill), as well as Rob the Prez-o-Dent. I think the spaz fill is harder to FC than FPLTs intro, not to mention the rest of the song is certainly more tricky than all of Long Time.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nintendorkhero wrote:
Caught in a Mosh should probably be in the top 20 (WTF drum fill), as well as Rob the Prez-o-Dent. I think the spaz fill is harder to FC than FPLTs intro, not to mention the rest of the song is certainly more tricky than all of Long Time.

ciam is at a significantly higher difficulty level because of its fast drum solo, some (more than) moderately difficult fills and an intensely fast bridge. just sayin.

My RB Accomplishments/Banners

THIS DOESN'T LEAVE THIS SIG TILL HARMONIX PUTS KARN EVIL 9 IN RB3.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two minutes for the Homecoming rolls is WAY off. It's around 1:15.
S4VN01  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ELTSDIM will be the only song that gets in the way of my Lego FGFC when I decide to finish it. Theres one stupid part near the end I can't get down, I'll try and find it on the chart.

EDIT:
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

My Youtube! My Youtube for GD:RB! My Twitter!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S4VN01 wrote:
ELTSDIM will be the only song that gets in the way of my Lego FGFC when I decide to finish it. Theres one stupid part near the end I can't get down, I'll try and find it on the chart.

EDIT:

Oh yeah. In my opinion, that's the only section that can really make it a challenging FC. It can be learned, but it's definitely confusing when it shows up while playing.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think bodhisattva should be taken off.
(which would also condense it to a top ten songs to prevent a fsfc )

also, panic attack before shoulder to the plow. i quote a certain person, "the bodhisattva roll is harder than the entire shoulder to the plow chart."

BigFatBob wrote:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, SUPERMAN, THOUGH. I ain't never seen a nigga puttin' a song on his back like that before, though!
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to make updated, slightly more detailed descriptions for the picks.

11. Painkiller
The bass-heavy main beat, odd rolls, and easily miss-able ending make this a frustrating FC, albeit not a purely difficult one.

10. Bodhisattva
While this song features occasional complexities, there's nothing too bad about it... until the short 21 NPS snare roll in the outro.

9. Radar Love
This song has fairly technical drum beats in it and a moderately complex drum solo, but what really makes it a tough FC is the relentlessly confusing outro.

8. Panic Attack
While there's plenty of unique and challenging beats in this song, the sections you really need to prepare for are the Bridge (that consists of four fast fills) and the Odd Riff (which requires either limb independence or crossovers).

7. Shoulder to the Plow
The Bonham triplets that intersperse the Verses can be a pain to deal with, and the bounty of speed-ups, double-strokes, and fast rolls that litter the remainder of the song hold a nasty potential of breaking your combo.

6. Llama
The nasty beat that litters the song requires well-honed concentration and can even be downright unbearable for some players, but the roll lanes toward the end of the guitar solo are by far the hardest part to combo.

5. Before I Forget
The choruses contain fast quad fills that are a serious pain to deal with, and the constant tempo speed-ups in the last chorus make fills that are already tough downright evil.

4. Run to the Hills
Not only is this song very tiring, but it also contains hardly noticeable tempo changes throughout the whole song, and on top of that, you have to be well-acquainted with Rock Band 1's engine and its acute bass kicks.

3. Beast and the Harlot
Not only does this song have the hardest drum solo in the entire on-disc catalog, but it is also contains what is easily the most egregious usage of roll lanes in Rock Band 3, which are more than willing to flip your combo the bird, and the unfairly charted double kicks in one of those sections don't help either.

2. Visions
The blast beats and weird rolls that make up the Bridge are bad enough, but the incredibly fast blast beats in the 2nd chorus are easily the toughest section in this song and Rock Band 2's whole setlist.

1. Homecoming
The song as a whole contains only a few moderately tough fills, but what makes this top the list is its snare roll section, which lasts about 75 seconds, consists of many ~14 NPS rolls, and contains quite a bit of incredibly subtle tempo changes. This is also the only song in the series that has not been FCed.

Last edited by PuppetMaster9 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
zThunderR  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
Decided to make updated, slightly more detailed descriptions for the picks.

11. Painkiller
The bass-heavy main beat, odd rolls, and easily miss-able ending make this a frustrating FC, albeit not a purely difficult one.

10. Bodhissatva
While this song features occasional complexities, there's nothing too bad about it... until the short 21 NPS snare roll in the outro.

9. Radar Love
This song has fairly technical drum beats in it and a moderately complex drum solo, but what really makes it a tough FC is the relentlessly confusing outro.

8. Panic Attack
While there's plenty of unique and challenging beats in this song, the sections you really need to prepare for are the Bridge (that consists of four fast fills) and the Odd Riff (which requires either limb independence or crossovers).

7. Shoulder to the Plow
The Bonham triplets that intersperse the Verses can be a pain to deal with, and the bounty of speed-ups, double-strokes, and fast rolls that litter the remainder of the song hold a nasty potential of breaking your combo.

6. Llama
The nasty beat that litters the song requires well-honed concentration and can even be downright unbearable for some players, but the roll lanes toward the end of the guitar solo are by far the hardest part to combo.

5. Before I Forget
The choruses contain fast quad fills that are a serious pain to deal with, and the constant tempo speed-ups in the last chorus make fills that are already tough downright evil.

4. Run to the Hills
Not only is this song very tiring, but it also contains hardly noticeable tempo changes throughout the whole song, and on top of that, you have to be well-acquainted with Rock Band 1's engine and its acute bass kicks.

3. Beast and the Harlot
Not only does this song have the hardest drum solo in the entire on-disc catalog, but it is also contains what is easily the most egregious usage of roll lanes in Rock Band 3, which are more than willing to flip your combo the bird, and the unfairly charted double kicks in one of those sections don't help either.

2. Visions
The blast beats and weird rolls that make up the Bridge are bad enough, but the incredibly fast blast beats in the 2nd chorus are easily the toughest section in this song and Rock Band 2's whole setlist.

1. Homecoming
The song as a whole contains only a few moderately tough fills, but what makes this top the list is its snare roll section, which lasts about 75 seconds, consists of many ~14 NPS rolls, and contains quite a bit of incredibly subtle tempo changes. This is also the only song in the series that has not been FCed.

i think Before I Forget should be moved back behind Radar Love

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: z ThunderR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: