FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB Expert Drums FSFC Breakdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipergtsr7588 wrote:
just to through some tough ones out there.

12. Don't Fear the Reaper
13. Won't Get Fooled again
14. Foreplay/Longtime
15. Highway Star
16. The Trees(if we are talking optimal paths)
17. Teenage Riot
18. Battery
19. Peace sells
20. Bodhisatva

I haven't played GDRB that much and have never played TBRB so i won't comment about them.

im sure this list is off. maybe switch FPLT and HS. also peace sells, battery and bodhisatva probably should be switched.

Homecoming may be UnFCed as of now but IIRC visions was UnFCed longer than Homecoming has been so far.
Foreplay/Longtime shouldn't be anywhere near those songs, the intro is the only hard part, and there's nothing remotely chokeable after.
megallica  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
vipergtsr7588 wrote:
just to through some tough ones out there.

14. Foreplay/Longtime
15. Highway Star
16. The Trees(if we are talking optimal paths)
17. Teenage Riot
18. Battery
19. Peace sells
20. Bodhisatva

I haven't played GDRB that much and have never played TBRB so i won't comment about them.

im sure this list is off. maybe switch FPLT and HS. also peace sells, battery and bodhisatva probably should be switched.

Homecoming may be UnFCed as of now but IIRC visions was UnFCed longer than Homecoming has been so far.
Foreplay/Longtime shouldn't be anywhere near those songs, the intro is the only hard part, and there's nothing remotely chokeable after.

i choked after the intro the first time i made it past there with an FC

but yeah, FPLT isn't as hard as any of the others listed there

this is what that list should look like, IMO, although Fire is at least harder than Highway Star, The Trees, Peace Sells and FPLT

14. Battery
15. Teenage Riot
16. Bodhisatva
17. Highway Star
18. The Trees(if we are talking optimal paths)
19. Peace sells
20. Foreplay/Longtime

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipergtsr7588 wrote:

The earliest release date of RB3 was September 14th, 2008; Visions was FCed on July 22nd, 2009, 10 months after.

Green Day was released on June 8th, 2010. It's been over 11 months -- longer than the time taken for Visions -- and Homecoming still hasn't been FCed.

(I have no idea how I managed to remember the Visions FC date. xD)

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
MusketWarrior  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:

14. Battery
15. Teenage Riot
16. Bodhisatva
17. Highway Star
18. The Trees(if we are talking optimal paths)
19. Peace sells
20. Foreplay/Longtime

I think Battery should be much lower on the list, and FP/LT should not be anywhere near 20. Even American Woman is a more difficult FC IMO.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12. Bodhisatva
13. Don't Fear The Reaper
14. Won't Get Fooled Again
15. Fire
16. Battery
17. Burnout
18. Emenius Sleepus
19. Peace sells
20. Highway Star

Thats how i would probably do the list. Thoughts anyone?
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MusketWarrior wrote:
Even American Woman is a more difficult FC IMO.
Haha, that's funny. Have you ever tried going into comedy? I think you'd be good at it. I think there's one hard fill in AW, The entire Foreplay intro is retarded.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:

The earliest release date of RB3 was September 14th, 2008; Visions was FCed on July 22nd, 2009, 10 months after.

Green Day was released on June 8th, 2010. It's been over 11 months -- longer than the time taken for Visions -- and Homecoming still hasn't been FCed.

(I have no idea how I managed to remember the Visions FC date. xD)

That's true, although it's also worth taking into account many more people spent a lot more time grinding Visions than Homecoming.
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume we are talking about FCing these on their respective game's engines. On RB1 FP/LT is much more difficult than on any other engine. Maybe it's just me. but i can hold combo's easily on RB2, but on RB1, i have a hard time even getting a 4x multiplier. Since i can't FC ill have to take all of the better drummers opinions. i do agree that it should be lower but i still would think its lower top 20 or just past it if not top 20.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipergtsr7588 wrote:
I assume we are talking about FCing these on their respective game's engines. On RB1 FP/LT is much more difficult than on any other engine. Maybe it's just me. but i can hold combo's easily on RB2, but on RB1, i have a hard time even getting a 4x multiplier. Since i can't FC ill have to take all of the better drummers opinions. i do agree that it should be lower but i still would think its lower top 20 or just past it if not top 20.

RB1 is identical to RB2. And for the purpose of a list like this, i would assume you have to take all engines the songs are playable on into account since we are only talking about individual fcs and not FGFCs. Refer to my list above to see that FP/LT wasn't on it, and would probably not make the top 30 either (IMO)
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
EinsteinSL  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
The entire Foreplay intro is retarded.

How so? It's just triplets... there's nothing really hard about it. I'd say American Woman is a little harder because the triplet snare roll in like middle or somewhere is faster than all of the foreplay intro.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EinsteinSL wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:

How so? It's just triplets... there's nothing really hard about it. I'd say American Woman is a little harder because the triplet snare roll in like middle or somewhere is faster than all of the foreplay intro.

I LOVE SCOREHERO <5
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: HavItYourWayBKz
megallica  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EinsteinSL wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:

that triplet snare roll in American Woman is easier than the intro to FPLT though, IMO

FPLT requires either double strokes and a lot of them for the duration of Foreplay, or crossovers

personally, i used cymbals to allow natural sticking for FPLT without needing crossovers, and i still thought it was more difficult than American Woman

even with cymbals, the transitions to and from the main pattern for Foreplay was difficult for me

The transitions i'm talking about look like this (colors changed to make it look right)

American Woman is certainly more chokable than FPLT, but i think FPLT takes a greater level of skill to FC, American Woman may require more grinding due to the hardest parts of FPLT being at the beginning

also, for the record, i got my American Woman Drum FC a few months before FPLT because i couldn't even come close to doing FPLT at the time

since American Woman is more chokeable, especially with the ending roll, a drummer who is good enough to FC both songs may spend more time on American Woman, but a drummer who is only barely capable of FCing American Woman probably can't FC Foreplay/Longtime without improving their drumming skills

neither song should be in the top 20 for an FSFC though

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:

The transitions i'm talking about look like this (colors changed to make it look right)

Those things are covered up by fills in rb3 now as well, so nothing at all is hard in the intro. But I think Aqualung should be somewhere in the top 20

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
MusketWarrior wrote:
Haha, that's funny. Have you ever tried going into comedy? I think you'd be good at it. I think there's one hard fill in AW, The entire Foreplay intro is retarded.

Breaking news: your opinion is not fact. Sorry someone had to break it to you.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xepher850 wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
MusketWarrior wrote:

Breaking news: your opinion is not fact. Sorry someone had to break it to you.
Breaking news: I know that. So amazing, isn't it. I'm not totally stuck up. But really, this seems like comparing something like Charlene to Rob the Prez-O-Dent. But really, why are we talking about this? Neither song would make the top 20 anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: