FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rant on Roll Lanes (and a question)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Rant on Roll Lanes (and a question) Reply with quote

I've had it up to here with these things, I really have. The idea wasn't too bad, but the execution of them is god awful. Who ever designed them should be shot. They're supposed to relieve drummers of worry during fast roll sections. Instead, they do the exact opposite. Lanes that are only on one pad aren't too bad: on 2 pads however (Beast and the Harlot, TTFAF and Thou Shall Not Fear come to mind), they are damn near impossible to do correctly. I can't tell you how many times I've missed the first note of one and nothing else. Does anybody know how to hit these? This cool new song came out called Katsushika that I can't FC because of one of these things....

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
S4VN01  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always the second note I miss
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

My Youtube! My Youtube for GD:RB! My Twitter!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
gladiators16  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just start them early, and the BatH cymbal rolls are 20.6nps, so I doubt they would be any easier charted normally

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S4VN01 wrote:
It's always the second note I miss

Yeah, I meant 2nd note. 1st yellow note anyways.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this would be to your liking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: