FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
There Are No Songs FCed Without Optimal Paths (BatH FCed)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: There Are No Songs FCed Without Optimal Paths (BatH FCed) Reply with quote

**READ ALL OF THIS (ESPECIALLY THE RULES) BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN/POSTING PLEASE**

Rules updated last - 7/28/09

1) No postwhoring. This is a general technique discussion thread. As such, it is a place where you can discuss technique, discussion of song stats, ways to format the list better, etc. This thread is not a place to put one-word, Youtube-style comments. Post such as these will be deleted without warning.

This thread is also not an accomplishment thread. If you want to congratulate someone for their FC, please do so in their thread in the Accomplishments forum. Posts that only congratulate people will be deleted without warning.

2) If a song hasn't been FCed yet and you are wondering why not, read the OP. Many have gone to great lengths and in great detail to thoroughly explain why a song is so difficult to FC. If you post asking this, it will be deleted without warning.

3) Do not argue about whether a song is impossible or not to FC. It is pointless speculation. Posts asking this will be deleted without warning.

4) Flaming will not be tolerated. Anyone who flames someone will be temporarily or permanently banned from the forums.

5) DO NOT DISCUSS BANNED USERS. They are banned for a reason and have no place in a thread on ScoreHero.

Use this thread for its intended purpose and follow the rules or the thread will be closed and will not be recreated again.

**THANK YOU.**

Intro

This thread exists as the result of several debates in the original un-FCed drum song thread over how bootlegged FCs should be treated/documented. What we decided was that the original thread should remain to document FCs based solely on keeping combo throughout the song, regardless of path, with a separate thread created to continue documenting FCs using the optimal path. There are a few things I'll do for this thread: First, I'll leave a history of all bootlegged songs that were re-FCed, even before this thread was created. Second, I'll compile ALL songs that were not FCed with the optimal path. The only criteria I'm leaving out is discrepancies between BNS/non-BNS paths and calibrated paths. Otherwise, if the optimal path was ignored in order to cover up a difficult section of a song, that song will find its way here. Third, I will write up a description for each song, explaining what warranted a bootleg. I will also attempt to find videos of each difficult section entailed in our descriptions. With all that said, let's get started.

Lists

Songs re-FCed with the optimal path after the first FC was bootlegged:
1. Laid to Rest- bLiNdz0r | first FC bootlegged by SoundOfTheSun
2. Visions | first FC bootlegged by I-Jeff-I
3. Warmer Than Hell- Lasfas | first FC bootlegged by PD527
4. Back From the Dead- Strikebowler585 | first FC bootlegged by PD527
5. Empire of the Gun - GugelHupf | first FC bootlegged by JohnTheDrumist
6. Metal On Metal - Gladiators16 | first FC bootlegged by TheLieInKing
7. I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts - iHomerx360a | first FC bootlegged by PD527
8. Perfect Insanity - iHomerx360a | first FC bootlegged by either soldat029 or Kratos
9. Embedded - iHomerx360a | first FC bootlegged by VD0G
10. This is Exile - iHomerx360a |first FC bootlegged by iHomerx360a
11. Homecoming - iHomerx360a | first FC bootlegged by PD527
12. Starting to Appreciate - gladiators16 | first fc bootlegged by RTSDeathreaper
13. Beast and the Harlot - Moochalacho | first FC bootlegged by Grinders94

Descriptions

Songs re-FCed with the optimal path after the first FC was bootlegged:

1. Laid to Rest (description by BigFatBob)

• Hardest Part(s): Quad fills at 3:23 and 3:31

• Bootlegged Part(s): 3:23 (3:31 is covered by optimal path)

Laid to Rest is a moderately difficult song throughout, with a constant slow polyrhythm and several galloping fills that require some decently sharp limb independence to pull off. The hardest part of this song, however, lies in a sustained quad fill with bass fully charted near the end of the song that comes at you at 13.3 NPS. The first FC of this song by SoundOfTheSun saw that fill covered up, but it wasn't long before bLiNdz0r hit the fill in his FC run.

2. Visions (description by BigFatBob)

• Hardest Part(s): Obscenely fast triplet blasts at 2:09 and 2:20

• Bootlegged Part(s): Every fill in the song, which actually completely excludes the triplet blasts

The fiasco concerning the first FC of this song was one of the most controversial events within the drum community. Upon Rock Band 2's release, this song overwhelmed everybody with unrelenting, very fast fills and blasts scattered throughout the entire song. Slowly, but surely, the best of the drummers began to overcome this monster of a song, but a single hurdle continued to thwart any reality of an FC: simultaneous blasts in the second chorus that force an absurd speed of approximately 9.75 NPS with each hand. Eventually, a select few people built up the speed to match up with these blasts, but overall difficulty of the song and severe chokability of the fills after the triplet blasts still kept the FC out of even the best drummers' hands. I-Jeff-I, the original FCer of this song, decided the best course of action was to simply erase those factors from the equation by hoarding OD to cover all the pesky fills in the way of the true goal. From extra stamina to increased focus, this created a major advantage. When Jeff obtained his FC, it left some members of the community furious. To skip approximately 70,000 points worth of notes was blasphemy to some, who also felt it was a slap in the face to the people who worked to FC it optimally and fell short. To others, the skipping of fills was ingenious and practically irrelevant; after all, in order to nail this FC, he hit the hardest section of the song, by far. After heated deliberation and lots of staff intervention, it was decided that Jeff's FC was legitimate, no matter which way you slice it. Some felt, however, that special note still needed to be made of Jeff's bootlegging, so a compromise was made that noted the method in which his FC was obtained. Although Visions has since been FCed by several others (optimally, at that), this FC remains as the first and undeniably most important of the bunch.

3. Warmer Than Hell

4. Back From the Dead

5. Empire of the Gun

6. Metal On Metal

7. I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts

8. Perfect Insanity (description by Vineboy)

• Bootlegged Part(s): Originally, all three rolls. The first one has been hit several times in real runs, but the other two remain bootlegged.

The reason that no one FC'ed this song for a while optimally is due to 3 ridiculously fast and over-charted rolls throughout the song. All of these rolls are 17.8 NPS. The first roll is a hi-hat roll during a mini-guitar solo in the second Chorus. The second roll is a snare roll during the big guitar solo right before the bridge. However, it doesn't start on the downbeat this time, making it harder to combo. The third and hardest of the three is during Bridge A right before the breakdown. Not only is this roll not on the downbeat like the last one, but there are 4 yellow and 6 blue toms in this roll. Maybe one pad is tough enough, but going down 3 pads at this speed is just insanity (pun intended ). Some drummers have hit 2 out of the three rolls, but the last one is at a whole different level.

9. Embedded

10. This is Exile

11. Starting To Appreciate

• Hardest Part(s): Pretty much everything after 2:45

• Bootlegged Part(s): Pretty much everything after 2:45 I believe

During the guitar solo at the end of the song, there are many, many, many fills, both with and without roll lanes, that make this an absolute bitch to FC. Hitting one of these is good, but hitting all of them in a single run is going to be hellish. Good luck to anyone who even bothers attempting this.

12. Beast and the Harlot

• Hardest Part(s): Drum solo at 3:40

• Bootlegged Part(s): Quad fill at 4:02

This has a very fast and difficult drum solo, followed by a roll lane fill with double kicks which has been bootlegged in all FCs so far because of it's brokenness. The rest of the song is pretty easy. Shouldn't be too bad to do.

Last edited by Hobo111 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:25 pm; edited 20 times in total
playsomehail  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure glad FCd Metal on Metal a few months ago.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playsomehail wrote:
I'm pretty sure glad FCd Metal on Metal a few months ago.
Yep, you're right.
BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquer All needs to go on the bootleg list. VD0G skipped the second outro fill. Also, thanks for taking this over for me. I kinda ended up without internet two weeks after starting the thread, so finding time to post on ScoreHero at all, much less try to update the thread, was inconvenient. 'Sokay, though. You got this.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have Conquer All as the easiest song on that list. Um, you do know that it was the second-last Mayhem Pack song to be FCed?
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
You have Conquer All as the easiest song on that list. Um, you do know that it was the second-last Mayhem Pack song to be FCed?

Maybe they aren't in difficulty order? I know i wouldn't put them in order on a list like this

On a side note, are we counting RB3? Glad said something about the optimal path for perfect insanity covering all of the fills. In which case, it could be taken off this list if we go that route.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:

Maybe they aren't in difficulty order? I know i wouldn't put them in order on a list like this

On a side note, are we counting RB3? Glad said something about the optimal path for perfect insanity covering all of the fills. In which case, it could be taken off this list if we go that route.

I assumed that it was a list due to the numbers; if it was just a list I probably wouldn't've numbered each entry.
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:

The path that covers all 3 fills in PI isn't quite optimal. So I think it should stay on this list.

And also, was Chelsea FCed with the optimal path? I know there are 2 ridiculous rolls, I'm just not sure which ones (if any) are covered with the optimal path.

(4th riddle now available as of 8/19/09)
Feel free to PM me if you need any help!
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the1and0nly1 wrote:

And also, was Chelsea FCed with the optimal path? I know there are 2 ridiculous rolls, I'm just not sure which ones (if any) are covered with the optimal path.
I'm not going to include RBN songs for the time being unless I REALLY get bugged about it by a lot of people. (Oh, and yes, the list is by date of FC, not difficulty.)
redskinsrock2689  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the1and0nly1 wrote:
ProffessorJoe wrote:

The path that covers all 3 fills in PI isn't quite optimal. So I think it should stay on this list.

Does anyone actually know for sure what the optimal path on Perfect Insanity in rb3 is? All of the optimal paths changed for rb3. Acceptable paths to take songs off the list should be in the OP.
www.youtube.com/redskinsrock2689
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Redskinsroc2689 PSN Name: Redskinsrock2689
iHomer  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though it's not on the list, I think it belongs here. Also, should Conquer All even be on the list? You don't have to skip any fills directly before the second roll for it to be covered.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was fucking hard. Vid soon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All updated, I think.
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iHomer wrote:

Well that was fucking hard. Vid soon.

...what.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
redskinsrock2689  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
Glad said something about the optimal path for perfect insanity covering all of the fills.

I think this score on the nonbootleg fc proves this incorrect.
www.youtube.com/redskinsrock2689
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Redskinsroc2689 PSN Name: Redskinsrock2689
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: