FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Low Rider Pro drums rated as 0?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirAdmiral  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Low Rider Pro drums rated as 0? Reply with quote

Did they forget to rate it or something? There is no way it is a 0.
werelord  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything on prodrums stays the same as it was on regular so since on regular its 0 its 0 on pro as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMX's tierings have been questionable and confusing for forever. Don't think too much into them. (RB3 also has the genius move of having Jerry bass below The Look on standard. >__>)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is there no way it's tier 0? I didn't remember anything hard and just watched a video, and while there are some tricky fills, none of them look like they'd fail you, and the rest is just a completely straightforward high hat beat. Unless I'm missing anything, looks like tier 0 or 1 to me.
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't rate songs for FC difficulty.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Shvegait  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of songs with strange ratings on drums in the RB3 setlist. Like, The Hardest Button to Button is 2 dots, but it probably should be 0. And Whip It is 3 dots, but it's all gallops at a pretty fast tempo. Then you've got Du Hast which is 4 dots, but pretty slow and nothing tricky anywhere. Compare that with In a Big Country, which is only 1 dot, and not that it's too difficult or anything, but it's trickier than Du Hast.

I think they just didn't care as much about the drums ratings and focused instead on pro keys, and possibly pro guitar/pro bass (I don't have experience to know if those are accurate). Proof of this is that they broke the devil-horns RBN songs, making them all 5 dots. If they cared about drum tiering this time around, they would have caught that before the game was released... or, ya know, after the fact even...

Bladder of Steel/Platinum Artist - 2/15/09
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shvegait wrote:
There are a lot of songs with strange ratings on drums in the RB3 setlist. Like, The Hardest Button to Button is 2 dots, but it probably should be 0. And Whip It is 3 dots, but it's all gallops at a pretty fast tempo. Then you've got Du Hast which is 4 dots, but pretty slow and nothing tricky anywhere. Compare that with In a Big Country, which is only 1 dot, and not that it's too difficult or anything, but it's trickier than Du Hast.

I think they just didn't care as much about the drums ratings and focused instead on pro keys, and possibly pro guitar/pro bass (I don't have experience to know if those are accurate). Proof of this is that they broke the devil-horns RBN songs, making them all 5 dots. If they cared about drum tiering this time around, they would have caught that before the game was released... or, ya know, after the fact even...

They didn't intentionally "break" the RBN tiering. It was just a side effect of moving around the tier cutoffs. I do agree they could've fixed it for RB3 though.

As for Low Rider, I agree it's undertiered. It may be a fairly simple hihat beat for the most part, but it changes up a lot, has some pretty awkward fills and some pretty fast rolls. As mentioned, when you have something like the Hardest Button to Button as tier 2, having something like Low Rider as tier 0 is a little confusing.

But also, as mentioned many times before, pretty much ignore tierings. They don't consistently represent difficulty.
redskinsrock2689  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to rb3 tierings, Lump from the rb2 export is more difficult than We are the Nightmare on drums. I think most people would find Lump easier, but maybe its just me.
www.youtube.com/redskinsrock2689
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Redskinsroc2689 PSN Name: Redskinsrock2689
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskinsrock2689 wrote:
According to rb3 tierings, Lump from the rb2 export is more difficult than We are the Nightmare on drums. I think most people would find Lump easier, but maybe its just me.
Ummm, no it doesn't.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskinsrock2689 wrote:

First of all, that's not true, because the actual order of songs didn't change at all, they just moved the cutoff. No song that wasn't final tier in RB2 will be below a song that was final tier in RB2.

Anyway, there's not point in comparing non-RBN tiers to RBN tiers, because they work differently. RBN songs just get a difficulty rating that places them at the easiest end of their tier. Since they moved the cutoffs around RB3, a lot of RBN1 songs got moved around, including all final tier songs (I think on any instrument, but I might be wrong) getting bumped down to nightmare. This isn't Harmonix saying that they think those songs all deserve nightmare tier and everything listed below them is harder, it's just a side effect of them adjusting the cutoffs for some reason.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the change in the impossible tier cutoff just leads to some strange ratings (for example, after buying Blood and thunder I was wondering how the hell this wasn't impossible tier, and upon looking at it in the list I realized on RB2 it would've been impossible tier), not to mention the majority of RB 3's nightmare tier would've been impossible tier on RB 2 with the normal cutoffs.

Which is hilarious when you think of how much easier RB 3's drums are compared to RB 2.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:

Which is hilarious when you think of how much easier RB 3's drums are compared to RB 2.
Llama is so much harder than anything an RB2, it makes them seem even.
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Nubnut wrote:

Visions

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cweaver8518 wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
Nubnut wrote:

Visions
I have FAR more trouble with Llama than Visions.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
cweaver8518 wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
Nubnut wrote:

Visions
I have FAR more trouble with Llama than Visions.

Same. I can pass Visions consistently and have four starred it a few times, I can't even four star Llama with no fail mode. RB2 drums were harder overall, but I don't think RB3 drums are that much easier.

The tier cutoff move was silly, though. It moved quite a few songs that were deservingly final tier down to nightmare and I don't think it really fixed anything. I really don't know why they did it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: