FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1/8/08 DLC (Stone Temple Pilots, Iron Maiden and The Hives)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unholycorrupted  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seraph1337 wrote:
is it just me or is this goon they have marauding the vocals for number of the beast the same one that gave us the two other worst covers in the game -- namely the two rush covers we've gotten so far? it sounds like the same failure. very disappointed, especially with notb. pitches were off, and it's going to cause those of us who know this song already to have to relearn it at the wrong pitches in order to sing it. notb = pita.

but i'll turn off the vocal track and try to make do without it.

-seraph

I feel the same way.
Ouzo  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, for the most part, the vocals in NotB were fine except for the "YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!" part which was completely botched.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belvadier wrote:
am i the only one who likes the chart for NotB more in gh3 than in this? gh3 chart feels more realistic to me...

ok...I have played this song for over 20 years on real guitar..and have actually even recorded a cover version with myself playing Adrians part (can probably find and post it if anybody cares)....and I can honestly say the following: Neither is better than the other. One does some parts right, the other does other parts right.

GH3 does the solos better. Most notably Adrians solo...the end of which the Rock Band chart butchers.

Rock Band does the verse rhythm better. I never understood why GH3 made it 3 note chords...it feels totally wrong. The accent notes are right on the money in RB...I felt like I was playing it on real guitar.

Both games butcher the bridge going into the solo. Why? They cram what two guitar players are doing into one game part..making it overly complicated.

so there you have it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at this point in time, RB officially pwns over GH3.

but i would have liked to see a better hives song like Hate To Say I Told You So or Tick Tick Boom.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, I like Number of the Beast, and look forward to singing that one for sure. (As for my opinion on the cover, I think it's decent. Nothing I'll typically notice other than the "Yeeeeeaaah" part)

I don't really care for Die! All Right (so far that's 0 out of 2 Hives songs that Rock Band has)

I'm pretty torn on Interstate Love Story. I like a couple parts, but otherwise nothing really interests me. It just seems too soft for my taste in music. Shame because I've really like STP in the past.
Steebeh  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone make expert guitar videos for these songs? I'm really interested to see them - especially NotB.

Thanks in advance
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
Leveticus  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh the NotB cover is bad, but I don't mind it all that much. Same with the two rush covers. They're definitely bearable.

Just be glad we didn't get something ala SRV's Pride and Joy from Gh3.

Owls - Owls
crueltyXorchids  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leveticus wrote:
Eh the NotB cover is bad, but I don't mind it all that much. Same with the two rush covers. They're definitely bearable.

Just be glad we didn't get something ala SRV's Pride and Joy from Gh3.

Not sure about anyone else but I enjoyed Pride and Joy.
PegLegGreg  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was a horrible SRV cover. it would be sweet to see a SRV live pack..all your love, crosscut saw, and come on pt 1
timparow  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see:
Stranger in a Strange Land - Iron Maiden
2 Minutes to Midnight - Iron Maiden
and
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden

I don't like the the fact that they only are putting popular songs in the game, but nonetheless, they're cheaper and better than the Guitar Hero 3 Songs.
lsfyago  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're continously throwing out songs for download, most of which are pretty good. Then theres the full albums, im not too sure on their release date tho.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Vocals are awful, but of course, you can't imitate Bruce Dickinson. IT'S BRUCE DICKINSON!!!! Also, they added a couple beats between the 2nd Verse and the Outro. The original Outro begins on the 4th beat of the ending of the Verse. They added a few in there because?????????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: