FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DLC 4/26: Roy Orbison 75th Birthday Pack and 2 KISS Singles!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fUNC  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thespike wrote:
Bleh, it's as if they're trying to release stuff I don't want to play. Hopefully there's at least a pro upgrade or better yet, some random singles.

Agreed. A three-pack of deep cuts from an artist far outside the game's typical demographic? Bleh. I hope that Rope and a few of the other leaked tracks pop up.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
thespike wrote:
Bleh, it's as if they're trying to release stuff I don't want to play. Hopefully there's at least a pro upgrade or better yet, some random singles.

Agreed. A three-pack of deep cuts from an artist far outside the game's typical demographic? Bleh. I hope that Rope and a few of the other leaked tracks pop up.

to be fair, none of the songs in this pack exactly qualify as "deep cuts" sp much as "popular songs we didn't get last time around."
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
A three-pack of deep cutsfrom an artist far outside the game's typical demographic?

I assure you that Only the Lonely is not a "deep cut." It reached number #2 in the US and #1 in England. Dream Baby and Blue Bayou were also hits.

EDIT:

Ninja'd
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
ONLY THE LONELY

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff

AWESOME

Exactly my reaction. Anything from Roy Orbison is guaranteed to make me happy, but that song more than most (as we've already got In Dreams)... please let this be true. Hopefully with Blue Angel as an added bonus.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
Just to point out the hard figures:
  • Only The Lonely went to #2 on the US Billboard pop charts and #14 R&B charts, and hit #1 on the UK charts.
  • Blue Bayou peaked at #3 on the UK singles chart, and reached the top 30 on both the US Billboard Pop and R&B charts.
  • Dream Baby hit #2 in the UK and #4 in the US.

Just because you don't know them doesn't mean that they aren't popular songs.

Also, I'm adding in youtube links to the OP. Not sure how I managed to forget that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how opinions are opinions.

I'm actually more excited for more Roy Orbison than I was for Dragonforce, so to each is own. That's the great thing about dlc, pick what you want and forget the rest. I'm happy there is a wide range of songs personally.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. I'll wiki the tracks next time my musical ignorance rears its ugly head. Now that I've listened to them I agree that they're good songs- just not my cup of tea.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another week that adds at least one song to my "Songs that Play At Work" playlist. Only The Lonely ftw

Dream Baby might also play, not sure on that.

There hasn't been a week that HASN'T added a song to that playlist in a long time. Last week had Jenny, Fire, and Love Rollercoaster. Week before that had Dreams, Edge of 17, Rhiannon. Week before that had We're An American Band and The Loco-motion (we play multiple versions, including this one). Week before that had D44 loljk but it had Black Magic Woman.

Ya, last week that hasn't added a song was Billy Joel. Which we play a lot of. All DooWop Joel tho.

Bront  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
Fair enough. I'll wiki the tracks next time my musical ignorance rears its ugly head. Now that I've listened to them I agree that they're good songs- just not my cup of tea.
But... but... but... what will we argue about on the internet? ;)

Just remember, not rock band demographic for music is pretty narrow, given all the different folks who play.

Songs: Just over 1000.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the inclusion of the keyboard there isn't a whole hell of a lot that wouldn't make sense, I mean there's throat singing and....?
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
With the inclusion of the keyboard there isn't a whole hell of a lot that wouldn't make sense, I mean there's throat singing and....?

While they of course are possible with our instruments now, ambient like Brian Eno's Music For Airports or drone of any sort, including Sunn O))), seem very unlikely even for the RBN, and then there's stuff like what Merzbow does, which I assume is completely impossible to chart. (I mean seriously, charting harsh noise?)

That said, within the constraints of normal music (which I assume for most people doesn't include ambient, drone or noise, although I could easily be wrong) there is little that they can't do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

While they of course are possible with our instruments now, ambient like Brian Eno's Music For Airports or drone of any sort, including Sunn O))), seem very unlikely even for the RBN, and then there's stuff like what Merzbow does, which I assume is completely impossible to chart. (I mean seriously, charting harsh noise?)

That said, within the constraints of normal music (which I assume for most people doesn't include ambient, drone or noise, although I could easily be wrong) there is little that they can't do.
John Phillip Sousa confirmed!

Songs: Just over 1000.
diablocon  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

• Roy Orbison – “Blue Bayou”
• Roy Orbison – “Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)”
• Roy Orbison – “Only the Lonely (Know the Way I Feel)” X
• KISS – “Rock and Roll All Nite (Live)” X
• KISS – “Strutter (Live)”

KISS is rather randomly tacked on but that's a GH2 song and a GH3 song off the list.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More live KISS?

ArghglrhmnjaarhghYES.

I was disappointed that RARAN was the original master on GH. Especially when they usually go for live tracks where suitable, and I was a bit used to playing the cover on GHIII, which was based on the live version. Not heard any live versions of Strutter, but after the KISS Live pack, I have nothing but hope. Plus, I love Strutter.

JOY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strutter?

Yeaaaaah.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: