FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to: RB3 customs for 360, no mods. ((Updated))
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
raynebc wrote:
As long as the files you're posting don't contain song audio (either unencrypted or encrypted), I think you'll be fine.

Hmm. So how about something like this:

Customs could be a .zip file containing:
- <song>.mid
- <song>.milo_xbox (lipsync+weight data)
- <song>.rbproj (magma project)
- <song>.fingerprint - a file containing some clever** audio fingerprint information that would allow a program to automatically line up an mp3 where it should be relative to the MIDI

<song>.mp3 would NOT be distributed - you have to supply the .mp3.
<song>.bmp would NOT be distributed - you have to supply the album art.

A new clever program would look at the fingerprint, line up the MP3, and render it to a .wav file. Then you'd run the .rbproj through Magma to create an RBA. You know the rest.

It'd have to shove the .milo_xbox off to the side so it didn't get overwritten by Magma, but that's easy.

** It might take me a while, but I can be clever.

You're better off to .zip the entire contents of an .RBA MINUS the audio that goes with it. Just give an offset that people will have to use to line up the audio and they can do that in Audacity. Only problem with that is it has to be unaltered music files, because if a song is added to an iPhone or iPod it cuts out beginning silence.

Only way music can be distributed or a full .RBA distributed is if you own the rights to the music.

Honestly, the only thing you have to worry about is getting the audio and getting album art is as simple as a Google search, as Magma resizes the images anyways regardless of Image type and size. I don't think you'd need to cut out anything but the .mogg from being distributed.

Edit: We actually could use a RB Custom Songs thread to distribute the .mid files, kinda like the GH side of SC has for .chart files.

Edit 2: 50th Page woot!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:

Just give an offset that people will have to use to line up the audio and they can do that in Audacity.

But that was the whole point of RB3Maker! Click-click-click-run-other-program-click-click-click-type-type-click... enough already!

If I can whip something up that frees people from the tyranny of having to line it up themselves, so much the better.

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:

Only problem with that is it has to be unaltered music files, because if a song is added to an iPhone or iPod it cuts out beginning silence.

That's a pretty big problem. And what if your version of the mp3 isn't the same version of the song? Live versions, different mixes, mp3's with skips in them... it'd be far more foolproof if those things were screened out automatically.

Going through the steps to inject a custom only to find out you didn't line up the audio quite right is a drag.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having an issue where having certain con files present when going into quickplay causes the xbox to freeze. It seems to be cons created from RBAs that previously were compiled by Magma with additional tracks (namely I think the Vocals track is causing the issue) but now it was recompiled with those tracks unchecked. If I recompile it with all the tracks again, that one works fine. I'm probably just going to compile all the tracks in for my cons, but figured I would mention it in case it's something you can fix.

EDIT: this is using RB3Maker to make the cons.
<Blehgopie> so its like GH guitar then
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grinnz wrote:
I'm having an issue where having certain con files present when going into quickplay causes the xbox to freeze. It seems to be cons created from RBAs that previously were compiled by Magma with additional tracks (namely I think the Vocals track is causing the issue) but now it was recompiled with those tracks unchecked. If I recompile it with all the tracks again, that one works fine. I'm probably just going to compile all the tracks in for my cons, but figured I would mention it in case it's something you can fix.

Did you delete the cache? If RB3 is using the old cached .mid, and stumbles into the .mogg with a different number of tracks, it's freeze central.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
Grinnz wrote:

Did you delete the cache? If RB3 is using the old cached .mid, and stumbles into the .mogg with a different number of tracks, it's freeze central.

It hasn't been cached as the version with a different number of tracks (the magma projects haven't been built as full band for months); but yes I've deleted the song cache about 30 times so far trying to figure out the problem.
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grinnz wrote:

It hasn't been cached as the version with a different number of tracks (the magma projects haven't been built as full band for months); but yes I've deleted the song cache about 30 times so far trying to figure out the problem.

Did you delete the .rba and force a full rebuild? Magma can patch the .rba with new .mid, .bmp, etc. without affecting the .mogg. It's sometimes lazy about invoking the audio compiler.

Delete the .rba and make sure Magma does the "Audio Compiler: Encoding raw PCM to Ogg Vorbis" step.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
Grinnz wrote:

Did you delete the .rba and force a full rebuild? Magma can patch the .rba with new .mid, .bmp, etc. without affecting the .mogg. It's sometimes lazy about invoking the audio compiler.

Delete the .rba and make sure Magma does the "Audio Compiler: Encoding raw PCM to Ogg Vorbis" step.

It seems Magma is being lazy about something, but no, it did run the audio compiler when I rebuilt them.
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:

Just give an offset that people will have to use to line up the audio and they can do that in Audacity.

But that was the whole point of RB3Maker! Click-click-click-run-other-program-click-click-click-type-type-click... enough already!

If I can whip something up that frees people from the tyranny of having to line it up themselves, so much the better.

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:

Only problem with that is it has to be unaltered music files, because if a song is added to an iPhone or iPod it cuts out beginning silence.

That's a pretty big problem. And what if your version of the mp3 isn't the same version of the song? Live versions, different mixes, mp3's with skips in them... it'd be far more foolproof if those things were screened out automatically.

Going through the steps to inject a custom only to find out you didn't line up the audio quite right is a drag.

No, Technicolor, I was referring to another guys post about uploading his customs. Your program does what it's designed to do. We just told him that we can't distribute customs with audio included because it's against forum rules. He specified his converted audio that lines up with the chart, so I told him WE have to get our own audio and line it up ourselves, and to save us time, he can tell us what offset he used for silence in the audio.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
He specified his converted audio that lines up with the chart, so I told him WE have to get our own audio and line it up ourselves, and to save us time, he can tell us what offset he used for silence in the audio.

Right, right. I'm proposing a whole new program here, with two modes:

1) Author: You feed it the .wav file you used to create your custom, and it creates an file containing the offset and audio fingerprint data. You then distribute that along with the .mid, .rbproj, and .milo_xbox.

2) User: You feed it the fingerprint file and an .mp3, and it creates an aligned .wav file for use with Magma. It'll also throw up a red flag if your .mp3 doesn't match the original (live mix, different recording, etc).

Then you don't have to tweak anything REAPER or Audacity. A few clicks for RB3AudioAlign, run it through Magma, then RB3Maker, then inject.

Last edited by Technicolor on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
He specified his converted audio that lines up with the chart, so I told him WE have to get our own audio and line it up ourselves, and to save us time, he can tell us what offset he used for silence in the audio.

Right, right. I'm proposing a whole new program here, with two modes:

1) Author: You feed it the .wav file you used to create your custom, and it creates an file containing the offset and audio fingerprint data.

2) User: You feed it the fingerprint file and an .mp3, and it creates an aligned .wav file for use with Magma. It'll also throw up a red flag if your .mp3 doesn't match the original (live mix, different recording, etc).

If you want, I still can't get the album art in the dashboard to work right when packing with individual files instead of the RBA. It should be like this right?:

<songname>.mid
<songname>.mogg
etc
<songname>.png?
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
I still can't get the album art in the dashboard to work right when packing with individual files instead of the RBA. It should be like this right?:
<songname>.mid
<songname>.mogg
etc
<songname>.png?

Yup. If you start from an RBA, RB3Maker creates a .png that is 64x64 pixels, ARGB 32-bit.

If you pack your own, it must match this format, or... well, who knows.

Note that this requires RB3Maker >= 1.2.0.39.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
I still can't get the album art in the dashboard to work right when packing with individual files instead of the RBA. It should be like this right?:
<songname>.mid
<songname>.mogg
etc
<songname>.png?

Yup. If you start from an RBA, RB3Maker creates a .png that is 64x64 pixels, ARGB 32-bit.

If you pack your own, it must match this format, or... well, who knows.

Note that this requires RB3Maker >= 1.2.0.39.

Whoops, missed the update then
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
im basically asking for a way to turn off xbla unlocker...thats about it. I got no programming skills so i wouldnt know where to start. Ived made over a hundred songs so far so it would save me some time even tho i can do the fluffie part in my sleep.

Psymatiq - check the new 1.3.0.41 beta in the RB3Maker thread. See the SNEAKY new section at the bottom.

If you put a text file called rb3maker.parms in your song folder with this line:
Code:
package_xbla_unlock,0
that should do the trick.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question: If I have the .mogg open in Audacity, can I add silence to all the tracks or take away like 10ms of audio from the beginning without having to redo everything in Magma? I typically delete the .wav for the songs when I'm done and don't remember the offsets I used, I just know how much I need to take off =/
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
Quick question: If I have the .mogg open in Audacity, can I add silence to all the tracks or take away like 10ms of audio from the beginning without having to redo everything in Magma? I typically delete the .wav for the songs when I'm done and don't remember the offsets I used, I just know how much I need to take off =/

just copy silence infront and glue it together inside reaper and use the reaper render to make the backingtrack wav file. I think the game will see it as a problem if you change the end time cause of the [end] event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 50 of 52

Jump to: