FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Schick Razors - Exclusive Pro DLC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to find some razors at my walgreens. None of the songs are particularly groundbreaking on drums, but it's good to see that older RBN songs can be upgraded.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
NoThru22  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
NoThru22 wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Well, this is certainly...weird. Re-releasing RBN songs as regular DLC songs? Are the charts different, at all? Or did HMX only add the pro instruments to it?

Some of the tiers are different, they added the pro drums, and the mixes sound different. I have a feeling Harmonix made all of the changes themselves.

Different? Different as in "They're the same as they were on RB2" or different as in "Creative different"?

Different as in different than the same song on the RBN in Rock Band 3. The songs appear twice in your collection. Tiers were discussed in this thread: http://dlcquickplay.com/forum.php?t=5884
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Macello
NoThru22  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xepher850 wrote:
I managed to find some razors at my walgreens. None of the songs are particularly groundbreaking on drums, but it's good to see that older RBN songs can be upgraded.

No, but I really like the Hourcast songs, so I was happy to have them all with pro drums now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Macello
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoThru22 wrote:
Xepher850 wrote:

No, but I really like the Hourcast songs, so I was happy to have them all with pro drums now.

I really liked "Don't Feel Like That Anymore".... Freakshow was alright, it was really easy though. Appetite felt too slow, it was kind of annoying.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoThru22 wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
NoThru22 wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Well, this is certainly...weird. Re-releasing RBN songs as regular DLC songs? Are the charts different, at all? Or did HMX only add the pro instruments to it?

Some of the tiers are different, they added the pro drums, and the mixes sound different. I have a feeling Harmonix made all of the changes themselves.

Different? Different as in "They're the same as they were on RB2" or different as in "Creative different"?

Different as in different than the same song on the RBN in Rock Band 3.

I think he was asking if the tiers were the same as the tiers they were in RB2, since a lot of RBN songs had their tiers messed up by the cutoff shift in RB3. If the songs have the same RB3 tiers that the RBN versions do in RB2, then Harmonix didn't really adjust the tiers, they just gave the new versions the tiers they were supposed to have.

Either way, this is certainly an interesting development because it means there's more potential for official updated versions of RBN songs in the future.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend just picked up a pack of razors with the code in them, but I haven't downloaded them yet (also PSN might still be down anyway). Will these songs get added for scoretracking (particularly for the Pro Guitar section)? How will this affect the RBN version scoretracking (not that I have any of these songs yet, and I'm not even sure if they are available on PS3 RBN)?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're totally separate from the RBN songs and have their own leaderboard entries.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So these are on Wii as well?

ricecake  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoThru22 wrote:
They're totally separate from the RBN songs and have their own leaderboard entries.

OK, that makes sense. I was actually talking about scoretracking on here though

Warhiem wrote:
So these are on Wii as well?

In the official terms and conditions, it says that the Schick Pack is not available on Wii, but you should get a token redeemable for any six tracks of your choice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
In the official terms and conditions, it says that the Schick Pack is not available on Wii, but you should get a token redeemable for any six tracks of your choice.

Actually, they just send you Wii points, and I'm not sure that it's six tracks worth of Wii points (wouldn't that be $12 worth?)
ricecake  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoThru22 wrote:
Actually, they just send you Wii points, and I'm not sure that it's six tracks worth of Wii points (wouldn't that be $12 worth?)

Well, you can read the official verbiage here:
http://www.schickplayitsmooth.com/gift_with_purchase.pdf
Quote:
Enter the e-code, your email, date of birth and select your game console platform
(Xbox 360® or PLAYSTATION®3 or Wii™ system) to receive an email with your
token number. Each unique token number is good for one (1) Schick Pack to be
used with the Rock Band 3 game on the platform you selected when redeeming
your free Schick Pack. Wii users will receive token numbers to redeem any six
(6) tracks of their choice (“Wii Tracks”); the Schick Pack is not available on the
Wii platform.

It's worth noting that they do refer to the Schick Pack as "DLC 6 pack consisting of three emerging artist tracks with Rock Band Pro upgrades", so I'm guessing they're counting it as 3 songs + 3 pro upgrades, so it's possible the Wii would only get $9 worth of points. I don't have a Wii so I can't check this out though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googled it and this thread on CAG seems to suggest that it's only 600 Wii points, so three regular songs: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291520

If I were a Wii user and I was promised six songs, I'd have beef with Schick.
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With prices of tracks ranging from $1 to $3 they technically aren't lying.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoThru22 wrote:
Googled it and this thread on CAG seems to suggest that it's only 600 Wii points, so three regular songs: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291520

If I were a Wii user and I was promised six songs, I'd have beef with Schick.
Are the songs in question also $1 songs? If so, they'd be right.

Songs: Just over 1000.
NoThru22  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says "any" 6 tracks of your choice, so I'd say that they haven't escaped through the technicality hatch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: