FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Schick Razors - Exclusive Pro DLC
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graf  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Schick Razors - Exclusive Pro DLC Reply with quote

Anybody else notice this?

Schick Disposable Razors Offer Chance at Free RB3 DLC and Hardware!
The idea: you buy a pack of razors, get a piece of paper with a code, enter the code online, confirm your email address, then receive a download code for your respective system. I bought a pack of razors yesterday, but my email confirmation link didn't work... Is anybody else encountering this problem? Interesting way to bring out some exclusive DLC, if only the website worked

For those who don't know, these are the exclusive tracks:
Freakshow by Hourcast
Appetite by The Gracious Few
Don't Feel Like That Anymore by Johnny Cooper
Source

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those aren't completely exclusive, just the pro guitar/bass, since RBN songs can't get that regularly.

NSiYusuke  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_O That's strange. RBN Songs with Pro Guitar/Bass, what? I wonder what it'd take to have HMX patch in pro guitar and bass for other RBN bands? Either way, Interesting find! I thought that RBN was completely incompatible with pro guitar/bass!

RIP RBN
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSiYusuke wrote:
o_O That's strange. RBN Songs with Pro Guitar/Bass, what? I wonder what it'd take to have HMX patch in pro guitar and bass for other RBN bands? Either way, Interesting find! I thought that RBN was completely incompatible with pro guitar/bass!

Umm who said these songs were on RBN? It sounds just like normal DLC to me. I'm guessing it's like the Gamestop preorder songs where they'll be released as regular after awhile
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatStrat wrote:
NSiYusuke wrote:

Umm who said these songs were on RBN? It sounds just like normal DLC to me. I'm guessing it's like the Gamestop preorder songs where they'll be released as regular after awhile

Read the OP. All three of those songs are previously-released RBN songs.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the offer valid on PS3 as well?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's valid with all three major consoles, though I can also verify that the e-mail confirmation on their website is buggered. It gives you a 404.
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, very strange. The HMX announcement doesn't say much, but they must have done the pro upgrades themselves. No idea how they got that working with RBN songs. Who authored those songs originally on RBN?
diablocon  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked:

Freakshow was authored by the band itself
Appetite was authored by OffbeatEntertainment
Don't Feel Like That Anymore was authored by drstudio

No connections. Strange.

NSiYusuke wrote:

That sound you hear is NSiYusuke emailing HMX all the guitar tabs for all his RBN songs.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:

Read the OP. All three of those songs are previously-released RBN songs.

Oh ok I was unaware these were already released. I'm on PS3 so I don't really keep up with RBN releases.
NSiYusuke  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
NSiYusuke wrote:

That sound you hear is NSiYusuke emailing HMX all the guitar tabs for all his RBN songs.

Haha! I would, but I'm sure I'd be met with "well uhhhh, nahhhh", or no response. The only song I have tabbed out right now is Frontier Factory, anyway. Although Bumblefoot seemed keen on the idea of Pro Guitar and Bass before we knew we couldn't do it... xD

RIP RBN
NoThru22  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Freakshow was authored by OffBeat and submitted by the band.

All three songs have pro drums upgrades as well (none of the RBN versions have pro drums.) All of the other Hourcast songs have pro drums, so I'm happy that Freakshow now has them.

All three songs are rated, unlike RBN songs, and the Gracious Few song is the only one that is rated SR.

They show up as regular DLC, not RBN. They don't show up as RB3 versions, but they don't replace the original tracks.

Freakshow has a bad mix in the chorus that is not present in the RBN version of the song. It sounds awful.

Target has a 3 pack of the disposable razors on sale for $5.97 but only one package at my Target had the Rock Band code, so hurry (you can redeem until July but the promo only runs until this month.)

I am number one on all three songs on pro drums.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Macello
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is certainly...weird. Re-releasing RBN songs as regular DLC songs? Are the charts different, at all? Or did HMX only add the pro instruments to it?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Well, this is certainly...weird. Re-releasing RBN songs as regular DLC songs? Are the charts different, at all? Or did HMX only add the pro instruments to it?

Some of the tiers are different, they added the pro drums, and the mixes sound different. I have a feeling Harmonix made all of the changes themselves.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Macello
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoThru22 wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:

Some of the tiers are different, they added the pro drums, and the mixes sound different. I have a feeling Harmonix made all of the changes themselves.

Different? Different as in "They're the same as they were on RB2" or different as in "Creative different"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: