FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pro Bass and Pro Guitar Paths
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fr33701ays  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Pro Bass and Pro Guitar Paths Reply with quote

Pro Instrument Pathing

Ok so I have been thinking about getting together with other pro guitar owners on this site and creating paths for the on disk and DLC pro songs. Problem is that(unless im mistaken), there are no charts readily available for use in creating paths. However, i would like to start this thread for any users to come and discuss pathing songs on pro, or share paths they have created.

Syntax: 2 - Next Note (022xxx)
2 = how many overdrive pickups whether they be unison or not.
Next Note = What note to activate on.
(022xxx) = What said note will be(unless otherwise noted to be between notes,Then two notes will be present).

Pro Guitar
    Living in America(Fr33701ays): Optimal Score: ~418k

2 - Next Note (022xxx).
    2 - 15th note pick up 1/2 (022xxx).
    3 - 17th note pick up 1/4 (799xxx).

Walking on the Sun(BronzeTheHero, Fr33701ays) 1st place path
    Chart courtesy of Basilobbes
    High Score: 202,297

2 - 11th note pick up 1/2. (xxx77x)
    2 - Next note. (xxx555)
    2 - First note after second single 5 note, pick up 1/4.(xxx555)
    1 - First note after open sustain.(x0xxxx)

Pro Bass
    Imagine(Se7en082)

2 - 6th note after getting overdrive - third 3 note
    2 - 7th note after getting overdrive - fourth 3 note

Let me know what you think, in my opinion, pathing these instruments might be much easier due to the lack of whammying, considering no early whammy. The only tricky thing that I can think of would be squeezing. If anyone is willing to help me finish all of these paths as accurate as possible, you can PM me and FR me on 360, GT is aSynysterShadow.

Also in case anyone was wondering, all chords(whether they be 3 note, 2,4, or 6 note chords) are all worth a base value of 120, while regular notes are 60 points.

One last thing, if you are thinking of pathing trying to use the standard guitar charts, just ignoring the whammy, sometimes that won't work. For example, Hey Man Nice Shot has chords when the guitar starts in the pre-chorus, however on pro these are single notes, so sometimes they don't compare very well.

PS: I apologize for poor grammar and spelling, I've been up for 37 hours so yea.

Last edited by Fr33701ays on Wed May 11, 2011 7:59 am; edited 9 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: aSynysterShadow
Se7en082  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your idea and compliment you on dedicating a thread for pro instruments. But I'm not too sure I agree with the execution. I truly believe the paths should be done in the same manner regular paths have been done in the past. Going by overdrive pickups regardless of whether it is half a bar or not.

It would probably be easier for most people just reading 2 - next note or whatever the case might be since that is what everyone here is used to. The tricky part might be how to word the notes where you activate.

I wrote this for Imagine pro bass-

Imagine Bass Pro
2 - 6th note after getting overdrive - third 3 note
2 - 7th note after getting overdrive - fourth 3 note

This I went off video, but it looks real good. Depending on scores, it may be tweakable still.
Fr33701ays  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I understand what you mean and I will update the OP to correct some of these mistakes, and yea I was using the fractions because ive had a few people get confused in band play when i say use it when u get three, they would get one unison and 2 singles before using instead of when they have 3/4.

Any other aspects that might need changing, please let me know by PMing and posting.

Edit: Also if i get enough help with this I will try my best to keep it up and accurate as possible. Should I make a seperate thread for the bass paths or should I keep them together as is?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: aSynysterShadow
Se7en082  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fr33701ays wrote:
ok I understand what you mean and I will update the OP to correct some of these mistakes, and yea I was using the fractions because ive had a few people get confused in band play when i say use it when u get three, they would get one unison and 2 singles before using instead of when they have 3/4.

Any other aspects that might need changing, please let me know by PMing and posting.

Edit: Also if i get enough help with this I will try my best to keep it up and accurate as possible. Should I make a seperate thread for the bass paths or should I keep them together as is?

Keep it for both. Generates interest from both sides and it will be an active thread. I really do wish, like you, that charts would be available for easier pathing.
Fr33701ays  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Se7en if you wouldnt mind, I would like to discuss some of these things with you on XBL tonight, considering you are the only response to my thread since post date. If my friends list is full just send me a message ok.
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in pro pathing, but its really hard to do much without the charts. I'd be more into it if I were any good at pro, but I'm still definitely learning.
Se7en082  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fr33701ays wrote:
Hey Se7en if you wouldnt mind, I would like to discuss some of these things with you on XBL tonight, considering you are the only response to my thread since post date. If my friends list is full just send me a message ok.

Don't have an Xbox360 anymore. Sold it along with the Wii. All I have is my PS3 as the all purpose system. lol

You can PM me here if you'd like.
Fr33701ays  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
I'm interested in pro pathing, but its really hard to do much without the charts. I'd be more into it if I were any good at pro, but I'm still definitely learning.

If it means anything to you, I have been playing off and on for 6 years(better drummer by far), but I spent a couple of weeks play pro bass only, took 1st place on RB3 leaderboards for Pro Bass, then practiced Pro Guitar(and I'm currently ranked 3rd in the world for it). So what I'm trying to say is it will come with time, whether your a pro or new, you will vastly improve as well if you use chord numbering(as it helps me understand what the chords are doing).

Also, would anyone be objective to using the original charts, and editing them to fit the pro charts(im pretty good with photoshop and would be willing to edit all of them.
Fr33701ays  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we have no charts, what I am gonna do here, is I am going to make very crude charts myself using photoshop, but I am in need of one very specific piece of information, if anyone knows it for certain. What is the base point value of sustains(ie how many points can you get for no multiplier for one complete measure), one of my calculations came out to 116.25 points per measure, this was using the beginning unison OD chord for radar love.

I took the point value before that chord(1,739) then took the points after(3,839). I then subtracted the difference(2,100) to get the points gained from the chord and the sustain. I then took out the chords value at a 2x multiplier(240) came up with 1,860 and divided it by 4(as the chord is sustained for 4 measures. The new total(465) was then divided by 2 because of the 2x multiplier into (232.5). Then due to the sustain being on a chord, i divided it by 2 again obtaining my final value of 116.25. So unless my calculations are incorrect that is how many points one full measure of sustain attributes to your score.

2100-240 = 1860 points from sustain
    1860/4 = 465 points per measure
    465/2 = 232.5 points in 1x multiplier
    232.5/2 = 116.25 points from single note sustain at 1x per measure

Please if anyone knows different from what I am getting, or if I am horribly wrong, let me know as I am going to be working major OD calculations using these figures to find out where the best places are to harvest points.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is of help.
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually assume that it's 120 points per measure of sustain (or 30 per beat) and that the sustain you were looking at was slightly shorter than 4 full measures (3 and 7/8 measures would work out to 465 points if it's 120 per measure).

edit: actually, looking at the regular guitar chart, it's 3 measures of 4/4 and one measure of 7/8, so that works out exactly the same way.

When you do this, I'd recommend looking up the standard guitar or bass charts from darylzero and using that as your starting point, so you've got the tempo, time signature (see above) and OD drain rate already in there.
Fr33701ays  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
I would actually assume that it's 120 points per measure of sustain (or 30 per beat) and that the sustain you were looking at was slightly shorter than 4 full measures (3 and 7/8 measures would work out to 465 points if it's 120 per measure).

edit: actually, looking at the regular guitar chart, it's 3 measures of 4/4 and one measure of 7/8, so that works out exactly the same way.

When you do this, I'd recommend looking up the standard guitar or bass charts from darylzero and using that as your starting point, so you've got the tempo, time signature (see above) and OD drain rate already in there.

Yea i guess i didnt notice that. Like i said I'm new to the calculations of notes, but to math I am not, so with this information i can do some complex calculations to estimate(relatively accurately) the base score, the max score(which will give a decent/optimal path in the process), star cutoffs, and possible cutoff multipliers by the time I'm done.

As always thanks for the tip and help, and if you would like to assist me on this venture by all means let me know.
Basilobbes  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anyone interested, I've posted some pro guitar tabs I made that could be used for pathing in this thread: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33901

It's not much yet but if enough people show interest I'll start churning them out! Anyone gunna use these?
Basilobbes  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first Pro Guitar path chart is here!

Walking on the Sun
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say that using the Protab format as the basis for these paths looks very nice. All the information at the top (especially the tuning) is a nice touch, and the charts are very readable. Were you able to get these charts from somewhere (direct extraction from song file) or did you have to create them manually by watching a video or something?

Edit: Never mind, I found your description in another thread here explaining their creation.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Get Up, Stand Up Pro Guitar path Reply with quote

Pro Guitar
    Get Up, Stand Up
    Target: ~217,000

2 - Next Note (xxx777)
    2 - Next Note (xxx777)
    2 - Next Note, pick up 1/4 (xxx777)
    2 - 5th chord, pick up 1/4 (xxx777)

This was a pretty obvious path but I thought I'd share it since only a handful of people have FCed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: